Site Feedback - New Thread

Austin 3:!6

4 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Mods, I am unable to quote-post, and also unable to use any of the reactions except "heart."  All the others (upvote, sad, confused, troll ...) don't appear when I hover over the reaction button.

I use Firefox on a PC.

Thanks!

1. Quote issue is with theme. I switched to default theme and I am able to quote posts now. We will fix the theme.

2. Reactions were different plugins which are not working with updated software. We might not have control there. Looking for alternatives.

56 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

@Trichromatic was UAT not done to test if the plug ins are compatible with the updates software?

We don't have a dedicated team or processes for that.

Unfortunately maintenance timelines are purely based on availability of folks who spend some time out of their personal life. 

Ads that we see cover part of server expenses. We didn't have these ads for many years also. Most of the expenses are carried by owners from their own pocket without any benefit.

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

@Trichromatic was UAT not done to test if the plug ins are compatible with the updates software?

Only UAT? I think ICF should have proper Dev, SIT, UAT environments and then regression testing before pushing the code into production. Then ICF members can do PVT Tetsing once its live

Make it happen @Trichromatic :giggle:

3 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

1. Quote issue is with theme. I switched to default theme and I am able to quote posts now. We will fix the theme.

2. Reactions were different plugins which are not working with updated software. We might not have control there. Looking for alternatives.

Thanks

Switched to default them and most features are working again.

I wonder why I chose other theme. This looks cleaner too :giggle:

On 3/10/2023 at 9:11 PM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Only UAT? I think ICF should have proper Dev, SIT, UAT environments and then regression testing before pushing the code into production. Then ICF members can do PVT Tetsing once its live

Make it happen @Trichromatic :giggle:

I volunteer to run this update process, test , etc. I know you are kidding, but can help out in site maintenance , test etc. 

12 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

@Trichromatic  Sorry to nag, but I am still unable to Quote-post or use any reaction except "Like."  I use Firefox in Private Browsing mode - should I change anything there?

Change the theme to Default. At the bottom of the page, you will find theme...change that to Default