Ishant Sharma, Rohit Sharma ruled out of first two Tests

Serpico

15 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Playing in those matches was his choice and if a player participates in a match despite injury (whether injury gets aggravated or not doesn't matter) then he is the culprit. 

why would any player in 30s risk aggravating an injury if he believes he isn't fully fit? being fit for a t20 game is different from test match fit. unless you have proof that playing those 3 ipl matches is the reason he didn't become fit for tests, you are the one peddling conspiracy theories here

21 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Also read Rohits interview where he said that it was his choice to Prepare in Nca instead of going to play odis in Aus

please link to that interview

One issue with Ind media/cricket is trying to create issues where none exist. If Ishant & Rohit are unfit (or not fully recovered) just ask them to rest to recover completely. There is no need for a race to have them fit esp. when they are to miss 50% or more of the trip

I read comments in the article - “If Ishant has to have any chances, BCCI would need to do X. Rohit should have gone to Aus after UAE. Etc.” :facepalm: .... what is the hurry here and that too to play players who are not 100% fit and when players achieving proper fitness without any pressure should be a priority 

Edited by zen
1 hour ago, Serpico said:

why would any player in 30s risk aggravating an injury if he believes he isn't fully fit? being fit for a t20 game is different from test match fit. unless you have proof that playing those 3 ipl matches is the reason he didn't become fit for tests, you are the one peddling conspiracy theories here

please link to that interview

So you're claiming playing those matches didn't aggravate his injury? Is he some alien or have you discovered any new branch of biology :cantstop:

49 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

So you're claiming playing those matches didn't aggravate his injury? Is he some alien or have you discovered any new branch of biology :cantstop:

he said he was feeling fine before and after playing those matches. I am not a biology expert maybe you can help me understand his condition here

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

he said he was feeling fine before and after playing those matches. I am not a biology expert maybe you can help me understand his condition here

In that case even I am a Biology expert, and trust me, when you are not 100% fit, any hamstring injury will get aggravated with physical excursions, let alone a full 40 overs T20 match.

Rohit was not fit (fitness was probably 50-50). He should have opted out of the IPL. But can't blame him too, personally I feel its the pressure from the franchises (sponsorships, big money you know....).

Ishan't loss will be massive. His height and together with his newly found rhythm away from home, he was the ideal candidate to try short pitch deliveries to Smith/ labu. 

Now we are at the mercy of Yadav :facepalm:

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

0-4 on the cards, here. Buri tarah se pitnewaale hain. Clearly, this is infighting between Rohit and Kohli. Bacchonwali katti khel. Rohit didn't want to be quarantined along with Kohli. Very simple.

Pathetic management from BCCI. Perhaps the dumbest rich sporting body in this world.

Everything about them is so unprofessional and sub-par. Just look at their bcci.tv and compare with Cricket Australia.

Heck, their twitter feed is often filled with videos of Indian players celebrating AFTER taking wickets/ Smiling or Jadduing swordshows  AFTER hitting sixes. I mean, is it too hard to understand that atleast include THE ACTUAL DELIVERY in the video ?

Their press releases are worse than what I used to write as punishment on the blackboard in 3rd standard. 

Not to mention that often they forget to add tour matches as they need gym practice/ beach surfing/ instagramming or whatever they do after reaching a foreign country and play their first match after 10 days.

8 minutes ago, Tridibans_16 said:

Heck, their twitter feed is often filled with videos of Indian players celebrating AFTER taking wickets/ Smiling or Jadduing swordshows  AFTER hitting sixes. I mean, is it too hard to understand that atleast include THE ACTUAL DELIVERY in the video ?

bcci's interactions with fans reeks of carelessness and taking for granted. ECB, CA etc are trying really hard to engage with fans and keep their market alive but I guess since cricket is default sport in india and fans don't have any other global sport to follow, bcci treats us like crap. 

just look at the way bcci and other boards are covering the intra squad practice matches. ECB is literally live streaming their practice matches with commentary where as bcci is not even giving out the scorecards after the match is over. they just said that kohli and rahul were highest scorers and siraj took two wickets nothing about anyone else's performance. I remember even the dysfunctional PCB was giving out score cards of practice matches during their tour of england!! 

6 hours ago, The Monk said:

But BCCI is still the overall authority of cricket management in India, they should have foreseen such conflicts

its a client ( Franchaise) and service provider ( Contractors provided by BCCI) relationship when it comes to player availabilty, client (BCCI) business partner relationship when it comes to profit sharing.

There is market economics in play, IPL will super cede all international events for India thats something we have to live with. 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/30197731/rohit-sharma-not-india-squad-play-again-ipl-australia-tour

it is understood the player has been cautioned by the board's medical team to not take any chances because it would impact his availability for the Australian tour.

The BCCI medical team's caution is understandable because this is the second time Sharma has injured his left leg. 

So this is on Rohit.