'Delhi Chalo' movement/farmers protest

speedheat

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

Some are openly Khalistani, abusive and racist...such as yograj Singh and jassi khassi from Australia.. can't understand why... in a country which gives them (Sikhs) so much love and respect, why some turn out like that? You don't think enemy country is forever looking to take advantage and we need to be vigilant at all times?

they live separate from reality, like the video where Haryanvis were making them cry but he can't accept it lol

Edited by FischerTal

1 hour ago, The Great Punjab said:

WTF are you talking about? Why are you guys hyping a brawl and making.  If the 50 odd group wanted to smash 10 guys, they would have done it. It's whether they were there to fight or not.  EVeryone ran away after the police came.  Hitting someone on the head with rods is no sign of bravery. 

Lmao overy-hyping haryanvis who have their language as "Hindi' despite the local language being Haryanvi/Punjabi.  Bunch of sellouts

now say that without crying. 

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Yeah this is about farmers. 

This is a really disgusting speech from Yograj Singh. Had it been a YouTube clip from his living room I wouldn't bat an eye, there are racist nut jobs in every community. But the fact that he delivered this speech from the center stage of a farmer protest makes it hard to dissociate khalistani influence over some of these protestors. 

But at the same time many farmer unions have got their priorities straight and distanced themselves from such communal speakers. So I can imagine their frustration when the whole movement gets labelled as Khalistani.

Haryanvis are the most brainwashed lot out there particularly the Hindu Haryanvis who gave up indigenous mother tongue Haryanvi and Punjabi and adopted Hindi as their official state language. Newspapers led out advertisements calling out on Punjabi speaking Hindus to shun Punjabi and vote Hindi as their mother tongue.  The punjabi speaking areas of Haryana such as Ambala, Karnal, Kurushetr,etc have all had erasure of their punjabi speaking past.  Forget Punjabi, Haryanvis couldn't even give Haryanvi status in government or in schools.  They have no music or movie industry or literature to boast of and keep talking about self pride.  A people who couldn't even protect their mother tongue are the most lowest rung of the social hierarchy. Biggest brainwashing done here and they don't even realize it.

Dhobbi ka kutta, na ghat ka na ghar ka

The greatest Inside Job done here and they don't have a fricking clue

Edited by The Great Punjab

While i dont want to get sidestepped into the issue of khalistan or not, blocking roads with the aim of choking a major city is not a democratic way to protest.

If you dont like the law goto the courts (they will continue to get msp prices till a judgement) to try get it overturned or use your franchise to vote against the government.

The Congress is walking a tightrope. Punjab becomes polarised they stand most to lose. Hindus will vote for bjp and sikhs a combo of akali dal and aap. They will be left on the middle....

The bjp does not rely on jatt votes in punjab or jat votes in haryana. These protests do not impact their base.

On 11/29/2020 at 8:44 PM, Singh bling said:

True it's nowhere written MSP will be gone . But there is big threat on present mandi system . Suppose for 1 year msp is 20 while corporate offered 21 per kg of wheat then all farmers will sell it to corporates this thing keeps happening for another 2-3 years until most mandi's are closed and arthiya's  out of business. Now suddenly corporates reduce price than msp.then farmers will have real problem as most mandi's closed and very few arthiya's to pay them msp. That's one key demand is make it a crime for private players to purchase below msp.

See i think this is legitimate issue. But wheat and rice are not perishable items. Thr solution is to slowly increase the rs6000 goi pays farmers to rs 12000 to effectively provide better negotiation capacity to farmers. I.e they have the financial capacity to sit tight and bargain for better prices. This is what the rich farmers have.

The assumption you are making is only there is only one corporate. Even corporates have to deliver wheat from a) to b). There us competition between them. They are not the end user. A company like McDonalds in india are well documented to be worried about securing supply and were willing to pay farners extra to keep the supply flowing.

3 hours ago, The Great Punjab said:

Did it the first time around mofo.

lmao you're getting high over a brawl posted on youtube in australia?  there are tons of such videos but I won't waste my time posting such gibberish

no you didn't. you were just whining while your fellow gabrus got beaten black and blue. 

5 hours ago, The Great Punjab said:

Haryanvis are the most brainwashed lot out there particularly the Hindu Haryanvis who gave up indigenous mother tongue Haryanvi and Punjabi and adopted Hindi as their official state language. Newspapers led out advertisements calling out on Punjabi speaking Hindus to shun Punjabi and vote Hindi as their mother tongue.  The punjabi speaking areas of Haryana such as Ambala, Karnal, Kurushetr,etc have all had erasure of their punjabi speaking past.  Forget Punjabi, Haryanvis couldn't even give Haryanvi status in government or in schools.  They have no music or movie industry or literature to boast of and keep talking about self pride.  A people who couldn't even protect their mother tongue are the most lowest rung of the social hierarchy. Biggest brainwashing done here and they don't even realize it.

Dhobbi ka kutta, na ghat ka na ghar ka

The greatest Inside Job done here and they don't have a fricking clue

You have zero clue what you are talking... Haryanvi is what it is (no seperate script - like Gurmukhi for Punjabi)

The language is rough, rich and coolest...it is fully preserved...I am from Delhi (no family in haryana), I hear Haryanvi here all the time so I understand it. My Haryanvi friends would talk Haryanvi to Sikhs also here and Sikhs would also like to reply in haryanvi.lol things are great .

Haryanavis are not insecure as you guys and so the language is flourishing.

Stop being immature and touchy for a change. Nobody is conspiring against you. Nobody has an agenda. Lol.

6 hours ago, G_B_ said:

See i think this is legitimate issue. But wheat and rice are not perishable items. Thr solution is to slowly increase the rs6000 goi pays farmers to rs 12000 to effectively provide better negotiation capacity to farmers. I.e they have the financial capacity to sit tight and bargain for better prices. This is what the rich farmers have.

The assumption you are making is only there is only one corporate. Even corporates have to deliver wheat from a) to b). There us competition between them. They are not the end user. A company like McDonalds in india are well documented to be worried about securing supply and were willing to pay farners extra to keep the supply flowing.

McDonalds are paying farmers more because the franchise is doing well right now in India, but what will happen when they are in a loss? They will provide no financial support to farmers since they hired them on contract basis.

That is where MSP is so important. On bad days due to low produce, farmers can be assured that they will receive certain minimum wage for survival.

2 hours ago, MechEng said:

McDonalds are paying farmers more because the franchise is doing well right now in India, but what will happen when they are in a loss? They will provide no financial support to farmers since they hired them on contract basis.

That is where MSP is so important. On bad days due to low produce, farmers can be assured that they will receive certain minimum wage for survival.

Surely directly paying farmers is a better solution.

If farmers get say rs 10,000 per acre their input costs are 0. They can sell at any price at profit.

Secondly, fundamentally people have to eat. There will be demand for staples like wheat.

The big problem with the msp system is that it results in farmers planting wrong crops. Rice should not be grown in Punjab. Neither should sugercane in many parts of maharashtra.

Imo farmers need to focus on boosting direct Goi payments. The current system needs to be reformed over time to eliminate subsidies and msp and directly pay farmers a cash amount in their bank accounts.