'Delhi Chalo' movement/farmers protest

speedheat

14 hours ago, G_B_ said:

See i think this is legitimate issue. But wheat and rice are not perishable items. Thr solution is to slowly increase the rs6000 goi pays farmers to rs 12000 to effectively provide better negotiation capacity to farmers. I.e they have the financial capacity to sit tight and bargain for better prices. This is what the rich farmers have.

The assumption you are making is only there is only one corporate. Even corporates have to deliver wheat from a) to b). There us competition between them. They are not the end user. A company like McDonalds in india are well documented to be worried about securing supply and were willing to pay farners extra to keep the supply flowing.

Bihar abolished APMC act in 2006 and they are getting much lower price than Punjab or Haryana. Why corporate's are not paying better price?

In USA and Europe there is open market and numbers of farmers are declining while land holding increasing along with heavy subsidy. 

The fact is farming with small land holdings in economically unviable . Unless india has big industrial revolution , government has to give subsidy in form of msp or inputs. 

15 hours ago, FischerTal said:

no you didn't. you were just whining while your fellow gabrus got beaten black and blue. 

This is the problem with you lot. Always trying to group people and when people retaliate start complaining.  A student fight in farway Australia and that too 3 months agao, and you start labelling as 'your' fellow gabrus.  Relevance,Seriously? Same with the media, stating most farmers are from Punjab and thus labelling the farmer protest as a  khalistani movement. Diljit voiced his support for the farmers and media starts printing articles maligning him as well. WTF lmao

Edited by The Great Punjab

13 hours ago, randomGuy said:

You have zero clue what you are talking... Haryanvi is what it is (no seperate script - like Gurmukhi for Punjabi)

The language is rough, rich and coolest...it is fully preserved...I am from Delhi (no family in haryana), I hear Haryanvi here all the time so I understand it. My Haryanvi friends would talk Haryanvi to Sikhs also here and Sikhs would also like to reply in haryanvi.lol things are great .

Haryanavis are not insecure as you guys and so the language is flourishing.

Stop being immature and touchy for a change. Nobody is conspiring against you. Nobody has an agenda. Lol.

No one stated the language isn't rich.  I have put a correct historical context.  What is Haryanvi's status in government or schools or is it merely a spoken language?  The erasure of Punjabi speaking past areas of Ambala, Kurushetr,Karnal, is a fact.  Did you even know many parts of Haryana were/are punjabi speaking? Like I stated, they're oblivious of what transpired with their mother tongue.

Edited by The Great Punjab

See right here the protest and the loopholes in bill is perfectly explained and the user is neither liberal nor a bhakt. Modi has lost his head, their issue is genuine, concerns must be identified and wherever possible addressed.

Edited by speedheat

3 hours ago, The Great Punjab said:

This is the problem with you lot. Always trying to group people and when people retaliate start complaining.  A student fight in farway Australia and that too 3 months agao, and you start labelling as 'your' fellow gabrus.  Relevance,Seriously? Same with the media, stating most farmers are from Punjab and thus labelling the farmer protest as a  khalistani movement. Diljit voiced his support for the farmers and media starts printing articles maligning him as well. WTF lmao

go check your original post and the video. you cant even accept what's going in that video. living in your own world lol

5 hours ago, The Great Punjab said:

No one stated the language isn't rich.  I have put a correct historical context.  What is Haryanvi's status in government or schools or is it merely a spoken language?  The erasure of Punjabi speaking past areas of Ambala, Kurushetr,Karnal, is a fact.  Did you even know many parts of Haryana were/are punjabi speaking? Like I stated, they're oblivious of what transpired with their mother tongue.

I also stated facts... Haryanvi is flourishing without its own script (and hence non-inclusion in schools - being without a script).

Issues even in pakistani as well as indian punjab as well. Younger generation many pakistanis for ex. feel are too embarrassed to speak punjabi, hence speak Urdu...I think they should speak local language as much as possible. But all this is not relevant to the topic.

Few thoughts on topic

1The new bills incorporated 200 out of 201 swaminathan commission   proposals I hear. I think amendments should be good enough if protesters are not rigid.

2  protests will attract more and more degenerate folks from around the country.

3 punjabis are smart people. They are also watching (not everyone is for the protests) . In next assembly elections, I feel BJP will do quite well in punjab.

The corporate sector follows hire and fire mindset. The day produce from a farm becomes obsolete, the contract will end there itself and farmers will be left begging for a new contract with financial uncertainty.

A good example of exploitation is how high avocado demand in the US has done damage to farmers in Mexico who fear water shortages in future because avocados need a lot of water to grow.

13 hours ago, The Great Punjab said:

If the farmers have concerns, let them voice them out regardless of the final outcome.  Hear out their side as well. Is that too much too ask or dismiss them by calling them Khalistanis as the media has done.

Funny part is that business giants will do ghazwa e hind before Islamists reach there.

Blocking the routes and following Shaheen Bagh model is not going to help if farmesrs have really any genuine concern.

Currently, Langar has allready started on all borders. I for one now think this is all Bulshit, These so called Kisan are probably similar to those tukade tukade gang revolutionaries who were supposedly protecting Indian constitution 

Edited by mishra

As far as opposition is concerned, where were these mofo parliamentarians when bill came in Parliament. They were effin protesting outside President house. Is this joke. If for every thing, the go to path is protest and bandh

Are we living in British India where we want freedom from British rule. I hope, there comes a blanket ban on such kind of blockades in name of protest by Supreme Court in near future.

Protest is not same as Blockade of capital

6 hours ago, MechEng said:

The corporate sector follows hire and fire mindset. The day produce from a farm becomes obsolete, the contract will end there itself and farmers will be left begging for a new contract with financial uncertainty.

A good example of exploitation is how high avocado demand in the US has done damage to farmers in Mexico who fear water shortages in future because avocados need a lot of water to grow.

No one is forcing farmers to go on contract with corporates.