Vikrant Gupta on Sports Tak

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Hardik shud actually sue him for making such claims that he only bowled to save his brother career or else he doesnt care for india. These ppl think a player likes getting injured or doesnt play cause they are lazy. 

Is that what he said? He speaks Hindi so fast , can’t make out what he said. I understood it as “if his brother can be selected to do both bowl and bat, why can’t he be asked to bowl as well?”

India can afford to play Hardik as a batsman in T20s and ODIs as a finisher and probably as the sixth bowler, but not in Tests. 

11 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Is that what he said? He speaks Hindi so fast , can’t make out what he said. I understood it as “if his brother can be selected to do both bowl and bat, why can’t he be asked to bowl as well?”

India can afford to play Hardik as a batsman in T20s and ODIs as a finisher and probably as the sixth bowler, but not in Tests. 

From 39.28- he says Hardik shud be dropped from t20 n ODI as he is at convivence that he place is for guaranteed so he doesnt feel to bowl.  He said jab uske bhai ke career pe bann aayi tab usne bowling ki , varna he cant bowl . Drop him n set an example

thats untrue coz hardik bowled in Aus in 3rd or 2nd ODI then in t20 series against ENG, after that krunal was selected in ODI

Gems

• england have fixed their top 3- roy, bairstrow, malan.....hahaha...abbe butler and they are reconsidering malan due to his struggle against spin
  • Pak is dark horse
  • Hardik ka to pata hi nahin- he says in t20
  • Rahul they dont even consider
  • Dhawan shud open 
  • Iyer is fixed
  • Lets not play t20 like ODI but lets consider dhawan
  • They are excited to watch Dhawan in SL series
59 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Gems

• england have fixed their top 3- roy, bairstrow, malan.....hahaha...abbe butler and they are reconsidering malan due to his struggle against spin
  • Pak is dark horse
  • Dhawan shud open 
  • Iyer is fixed

Why can't they even sit properly?looks so unprofessional like a drawing room discussion

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Gems

• Pak is dark horse
  • Dhawan shud open 
  • Iyer is fixed

Well Dhawan has been in pretty great form in the IPL.. If he plays the same way in international cricket then I'll easily pick him over Rahul

3 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

Well Dhawan has been in pretty great form in the IPL.. If he plays the same way in international cricket then I'll easily pick him over Rahul

pretty big sample size that he doesnt

29 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

he has been doing well in IPL for 3 yrs but if u see his record in same yr in international its same old bad. International n IPL are diff ball games. 

In international he has Rohit- they both like to take time, in IPL he has shaw who takes burden of him. 

In international attacks are much better

Compare his IPL n international record for last 2-3 yrs n ull see the diff. The diff between him n KL is massive in international t20...rahul just had one poor series against england but dhawan has had so many. His record in t20 wc is of a tailender

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
7 minutes ago, shychipmunk said:

Not sure how to react to this!

Vikrant Gupta giving a "master" class on how to bat v/s swing/seam in England !

Already said he should be our batting coach.Wouldnt have lost the Adelaide game

I did give this a go some time back.

The whole set-up doesn't look right for me - everyone sitting all laid back legs folded, Vik posturing as if he is the biggest hotshot in town, he does his own stuff on the phone when others are talking as if his opinion only matters etc etc.  Being laid back is not a problem but it is the try hard to seemingly appear laid back that puts me off.

1 hour ago, Swag said:

Being laid back is not a problem but it is the try hard to seemingly appear laid back that puts me off.

Not only unprofessional but also "arseholish" - when they read a comment & start replying, before even finishing someone or the other interjects & then they go off a tangent :laugh:

And then the endless rants, stopping just short of criticizing you know who :hysterical: