The next big challenge coming up for Indian democracy. Number of lok sabha seats

Vilander

On 12/12/2020 at 10:34 AM, Real McCoy said:

@sandeep Is it worthy of your "friendly warning" to this guy and the other troll named "sarcasm". Or is it just my posts you are after. These guys are known trouble makers and the entire admins and mods remain as if nothing happened.

@Trichromatic@Cricketics

I just saw this, and have edited the posts.  Next time, please use the "report post' functionality instead of tagging mod posters personally - I saw the notification for a chit-chat thread during a busy time and wasn't aware that it was a moderation issue.  

Personal abuse should be avoided, but randomGuy took umbrage from UP, MP, Bihar and Rajasthan being called Bimaru. I think it is demeaning as people will take offense. Even I have done it many times, but am sensitive to it now , as I am also sensitive to be called an ugly dark skinned South Indian with casteist slurs. Population has been an India wide issue. 

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Personal abuse should be avoided, but randomGuy took umbrage from UP, MP, Bihar and Rajasthan being called Bimaru. I think it is demeaning as people will take offense. Even I have done it many times, but am sensitive to it now , as I am also sensitive to be called an ugly dark skinned South Indian with casteist slurs. Population has been an India wide issue. 

Bimaru is frequently used in economic and political magazines, it was coined by some economist in the 80s. Even BJP, Congress top leaders have used the term in speeches, rallies, campaigns etc. Sure one can argue that it can be avoided but the term has been normalized to a great extent now, just like cow belt. Heck I guess many Southies won't even know the meaning of 'Bimar'. So if there is an awareness campaign about this it will be better, just like how many Northies used to generalize Southies as Madrasis in earlier days or how many of us lump all NE states as one even now. 

I have my origins in UP/MP. But don't think Bimaru is a racist taunt or attack on my ethnicity. can be avoided if many from these states feel the same, but someone must start the conversation, raise awareness etc. I also don't like casteist slurs like chamar, bhand, kanjar.....shouldn't be part of our vocabulary. I have been guilty of using these slurs in the past, trying to avoid now. 

Edited by Gollum

55 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Bimaru is frequently used in economic and political magazines, it was coined by some economist in the 80s. Even BJP, Congress top leaders have used the term in speeches, rallies, campaigns etc. Sure one can argue that it can be avoided but the term has been normalized to a great extent now, just like cow belt. Heck I guess many Southies won't even know the meaning of 'Bimar'. So if there is an awareness campaign about this it will be better, just like how many Northies used to generalize Southies as Madrasis in earlier days or how many of us lump all NE states as one even now. 

I have my origins in UP/MP. But don't think Bimaru is a racist taunt or attack on my ethnicity. can be avoided if many from these states feel the same, but someone must start the conversation, raise awareness etc. I also don't like casteist slurs like chamar, bhand, kanjar.....shouldn't be part of our vocabulary. I have been guilty of using these slurs in the past, trying to avoid now. 

The Golden age of Indian civilization starting Maurya, Gupta was based from Patliputra is in present day Bihar. The great India philosophy has roots in Bihar, starting in Yagnavalkya who is believed to have penned the Advaita philosophy in Upanishads, the ultimate source of Vedanta. Buddhism also was born out of Bodhigaya in Bihar. Bihar is so underdeveloped now because of the onslaught of Islamic invaders looting the glory of the region it once was. People from the south should respect it instead of making fun of Biharis and others with terms like Bimaru. The temple culture, philosophy of south region wouldn’t exist if not for the people of the region.  

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

The Golden age of Indian civilization starting Maurya, Gupta was based from Patliputra is in present day Bihar. The great India philosophy has roots in Bihar, starting in Yagnavalkya who is believed to have penned the Advaita philosophy in Upanishads, the ultimate source of Vedanta. Buddhism also was born out of Bodhigaya in Bihar. Bihar is so underdeveloped now because of the onslaught of Islamic invaders looting the glory of the region it once was. People from the south should respect it instead of making fun of Biharis and others with terms like Bimaru. The temple culture, philosophy of south region wouldn’t exist if not for the people of the region.  

See I am not going into ancient history. I dispute the bolded part since the acronym Bimaru was coined by some Delhi based economist. As I said I highly doubt most Southies will even know the term Bimar. One of my Mallu college mates who didn't speak one word of Hindi was taught basic Hindi words for convenience, he often used to get confused with words, started saying bikhar to indicate he was sick in the medical centre....combined bimar and bukhar.  Lot of such comedy anecdotes. Also Bimaru has been normalized by politicians, ask them to stop using it first. Even Modi used it in 2015 Nitish Kumar, Narendra Modi clash over Bihar’s BIMARU tag 

Edited by Gollum

On 12/12/2020 at 10:53 AM, coffee_rules said:

No, each one thinks their civilization came first and superior for more than 1000 years. There is no common root that all of EU believe to originate from. In India, although kingdoms fought, there was no common people hating others. There is Kannada inscription dating back to 1100 where the Hoysala king built a ashram for pilgrims from his Hoysala kingdom. 

In India too karnataka maharashtra tamil nad bengal orissa etc think they are far older superior etc to other indian states. Its just semantics we call ourselves states they call themselves countries. 

On 12/12/2020 at 10:34 AM, Real McCoy said:

@sandeep Is it worthy of your "friendly warning" to this guy and the other troll named "sarcasm". Or is it just my posts you are after. These guys are known trouble makers and the entire admins and mods remain as if nothing happened.

@Trichromatic@Cricketics

Thanks bro I usually ignore respond selectively.

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

What kind of rant is this ? Do you see population to be a country wide issue i see it as a specific issue to certain Indian states who are key contributors basically some control some simply don't control. Facts don't care about your emotions. And BIMARU is an unfortunate acronym but also situational its not racist lol.

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

People from the south should respect it instead of making fun of Biharis and others with terms like Bimaru.

Agreed but way to walk around the post. What do you think abt rest of the post other than Bihar MP Rajasthan UP acronym.

14 minutes ago, Vilander said:

In India too karnataka maharashtra tamil nad bengal orissa etc think they are far older superior etc to other indian states. Its just semantics we call ourselves states they call themselves countries. 

But we didn’t attack each other at least since the 19th century

11 minutes ago, Vilander said:

What kind of rant is this ? Do you see population to be a country wide issue i see it as a specific issue to certain Indian states who are key contributors basically some control some simply don't control. Facts don't care about your emotions. And BIMARU is an unfortunate acronym but also situational its not racist lol.

Fair enough, I can’t force you not to use such terms. All I said was  population increase is countrywide issue. WB, Assam, , Bihar Up, MP has sizeable Muslim pop which have caused the increase . We need to control demographics, that is the main issue here.

16 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Agreed but way to walk around the post. What do you think abt rest of the post other than Bihar MP Rajasthan UP acronym.

slippery slope, representation is a constitutional issue. If we have to stay as a nation, we need to stick to it. Compensate states like TN where population is lesser with migrate population based on residency and not where they came from to maintain the balance. Even that is a logistical nightmare 

15 hours ago, sandeep said:

I just saw this, and have edited the posts.  Next time, please use the "report post' functionality instead of tagging mod posters personally - I saw the notification for a chit-chat thread during a busy time and wasn't aware that it was a moderation issue.  

Editing posts is not good enough bro. Did you warn him publicly like you did to my posts as you did here. I wasn't even abusing any group only said that individual who holds a public position was deceiving the American public and posted a video by someone else as proof. Why issue a warning to me but not to this guy?

Like you, I don't have time to report each instance some poster oversteps the line but you should have recognized their posts and formed an opinion. This guy has overstepped it multiple times and most of you did nothing. Editing posts doesn't do anything. The poster can just repeat whatever he did sometime later.

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Please give it a break will ya. I'm not undermining Bihar's contribution to India but our philosophy and temple culture did not originate from Bihar. In fact our temples look totally different from a North Indian temple. You must be imagining things. Show me proof or maintain silence. Maurya dynasty did not even cover South India. Otherwise it would be in southern texts. What you are doing is an Indianized version of the AIT. Lets call it out of Bihar theory :lol:

15 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Ok if thats the case will he stop @Laaloo from calling CSK as chuskis

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Ok if thats the case will he stop @Laaloo from calling CSK as chuskis

:phehe: I remember the whole ghati episode lol all their nickers were in a twist. There was ghati retort and then gheelas hehe. After I saw him in pics thread lol I lost interest in combating hehe such an agreeable little fellow. Csk hate at times is derived from TN hate in this site. There will always be 10 to 20 % who will spout nonsense like that. 

Edited by Vilander

Fair enough, I can’t force you not to use such terms. All I said was  population increase is countrywide issue. WB, Assam, , Bihar Up, MP has sizeable Muslim pop which have caused the increase . We need to control demographics, that is the main issue here.

First up dont try to paint that I am abusing any state when I am just stating facts an acronym is not a slur. 

slippery slope, representation is a constitutional issue. If we have to stay as a nation, we need to stick to it. Compensate states like TN where population is lesser with migrate population based on residency and not where they came from to maintain the balance. Even that is a logistical nightmare 

So status quo ?  Keep current numbers. Thats appears to be one of the options but knowing modi he would want to increase seats in states where he has a good hold.