Navdeep Saini is overrated.

Bhoot

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This is the flattest pitch of the series. But Saini already has a wicket with a good ball.

We need to give the debutant some time to settle down. ( infact all new players need to be given time to perform )

I concur .. however siraj who also is only with one test match experience outbowled saini..

There was so much hype around saini nd his express pace going into this test match.. for some poster he would hv blown opposition batsmen feet causing concussion just by his 145kmph+ thunderbolts...

But oh good lord.. saini around all his pace hype could only muster to match siraj with his pace.. was horrible with his line nd length nd gave away too many scoring opportunities..

This serves a lesson.. bowling quick in LOIs is different than sustaining a whole test match bowling 145+ nd pace without any brain is as futile as it gets..

29 minutes ago, Amit228 said:

I concur .. however siraj who also is only with one test match experience outbowled saini..

Siraj is in form.  Saini is out of form.

That is the main issue with Saini.

There was so much hype around saini nd his express pace going into this test match.. for some poster he would hv blown opposition batsmen feet causing concussion just by his 145kmph+ thunderbolts...

But oh good lord.. saini around all his pace hype could only muster to match siraj with his pace.. was horrible with his line nd length nd gave away too many scoring opportunities..

No.  Today Siraj bowled 130 k to 138 k and Saini bowled 137 k to 144 k.

This is not the kind of pitch to blow away the opposition by pace.  Even Bumrah, who has hurried and hit batters on flat pitches, did not have that kind of effect today.

But the wicket he got today was when he beat the batter by pace.

This serves a lesson.. bowling quick in LOIs is different than sustaining a whole test match bowling 145+ nd pace without any brain is as futile as it gets..

Saini is known for bowling 145 k even in later spells in First Class cricket. (  4 day or 5 day matches  ).

Edited by express bowling
12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Siraj is in form.  Saini is out of form.

That is the main issue with Saini.

No.  Today Siraj bowled 130 k to 138 k and Saini bowled 137 k to 144 k.

This is not the kind of pitch to blow away the opposition by pace.  Even Bumrah, who has hurried and hit batters on flat pitches, did not have that kind of effect today.

But the wicket he got today was when he beat the batter by pace.

Saini is known for bowling 145 k even in later spells in First Class cricket.

How is Saini out of form?  Is it being out of form or lack of ability to move the ball nd being consistent with line and lengths...

For that saini hasn't shown any sign of form in this whole tour.. wether in LOIs or in this test match of whatever he has bowled till now..

I guess sometimes it's more about bowler or batsmen natural abilities than to lack of form..

Edited by Amit228
23 minutes ago, Amit228 said:

How is Saini out of form?  Is it being out of form or lack of ability to move the ball nd being consistent with line and lengths...

For that saini hasn't shown any sign of form in this whole tour.. wether in LOIs or in this test match of whatever he has bowled till now..

I guess sometimes it's more about bowler or batsmen natural abilities than to lack of form..

Saini has been out of rhythm and out of form ever since he split his finger webbing after 10 or 11 IPL games. Lack of accuracy is being seen only after this event.

Even today, he got some inswing ... and generally he is a pacer who can seam the ball both ways. Getting movement is not his problem.

Edited by express bowling
7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Saini has been out of rhythm and out of form ever since he split his finger webbing after 10 or 11 IPL games. Lack of accuracy is being seen only after this event.

Even today, he got some inswing ... and generally he is a pacer who can seam the ball both ways. Getting movement is not his problem.

I haven't seen him seam the ball both ways.. yes he can seam the ball in but out of whatever i have seen I haven't seen him seaming the ball out.. if u have any reference of him seaming the ball both in nd out regularly than kindly share.

if he can do it on a consistent basis than he is in category of shami nd bumrah...

Which evidently he is not.. of whatever sample size we have of him bowling.. nor he has ability to swing the ball.. which is acceptable considering he is hit the deck kind of bowler..

For all his exploits he seems like an earlier version of umesh yadav sans swing nd gifting boundary ball evry over..

At 28 he is neither young for a fast bowler..so he seriously need to work on his accuracy, line nd length.. 

1 minute ago, vayuu1 said:

People here don't have any patience,bc sochte hai ki aaye aur 10 wickets le le,bhai saamne waale bhi khelne aaye hai,plus this is a flat track,time to do bnde ko .

Exactly, some people just criticize. Ok this bowler/batter has been talk about in domestic ... lets criticize him as he has been hyped up. Just because someone is hyped up he will not make century or take 5fer... Ask them who could have played ahead of him thakur/Nattu?? Bloddy thakur even doesn't play for his state team regularly and he is the kind of bowler ausian wait for ( remember vinay koomar ) and Natu is famous for his t20 exploit. Saini took delhi to ranji final back on his bowling performance, if domestic should not be criteria for test selection than what. No matter how mediocre domestic is but still that's what you have for selection criteria in international. Also Saini is only playing because spray gun yadav is injured so what people crying about.

5 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

People here don't have any patience,bc sochte hai ki aaye aur 10 wickets le le,bhai saamne waale bhi khelne aaye hai,plus this is a flat track,time to do bnde ko .

It goes other way also.. people hyping up an unknown commodity as second coming of Akhtar.. 

Nobody expected him to blow away the opposition.. however what we all have expected from him is to bowl atleast a decent line or lenth nd not giving a boundary ball evry over..

I don't really loathe Saini nor i think anyone here has a personal agenda against him..  however this syndrome of hyping up a bowler just because he can throw few balls over 145kmph is something we as a fan should stop.. or else we will be same like our padosis who hyped up an alleged 17 yr old teen to celestial level of express bowling only to be left with egg in face...

Saini has two issues his inconsistent bowling (for that we have enough sample size going into this tour) nd his ability to make the ball talk on atleast some occasions.. nd i guess he isn't that express of what people here hyped up about..

So the truth remains the same *Pace without Brain is futile"

In a way its good india have 5 bowlers. Saini imo should talk to coaches etc and prepare to bowl 15 to 16 overs tomorrow. Might be nerves of debut today.

Its a good second bite of the cherry. Barring Saini i thought indian bowlers were disciplined. Aussis run rate was 3rpo which is pretty good going on that deck.

An improved performance with the

ball will tell us saini has the skills to be analytical and improve his game. 

It goes other way also.. people hyping up an unknown commodity as second coming of Akhtar.. 

Nobody expected him to blow away the opposition.. however what we all have expected from him is to bowl atleast a decent line or lenth nd not giving a boundary ball evry over..

I don't really loathe Saini nor i think anyone here has a personal agenda against him..  however this syndrome of hyping up a bowler just because he can throw few balls over 145kmph is something we as a fan should stop.. or else we will be same like our padosis who hyped up an alleged 17 yr old teen to celestial level of express bowling only to be left with egg in face...

Saini has two issues his inconsistent bowling (for that we have enough sample size going into this tour) nd his ability to make the ball talk on atleast some occasions.. nd i guess he isn't that express of what people here hyped up about..

So the truth remains the same *Pace without Brain is futile"
The sample size u are talking about is flat Odis pitches where 350 was norm, agree he hasn't been up-to the mark but playing in Australia for the first time is never easy. Takes time for a newbie to settle in.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Amit228 said:

No one said that 

1 hour ago, Amit228 said:

one test is enough sample and the whole tour ur talking about are u aware that he has bowled with back spazm 

Give the man a break..

He is playing his first test, nerves and all..

I'd not be rushing to judge him so early in his career. 

He may turn out to be spray gun and inconsistent, but this is not the day to criticise him. We're too impatient in that aspect. 

For anyone, first game is not something we must expect to be a rockstar. Whether he'll turn out to be a Umesh Yadav or mohammed shami, is upto him. But people are so impatient that they will judge him on every ball he bowls. 

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No one said that 

one test is enough sample and the whole tour ur talking about are u aware that he has bowled with back spazm 

If he wasn't 100% fit or suffering from a back spasm .. then he shouldn't have played in LOIs... 

If a bowler is not 100% than there is no point playing as it can prove detrimental for him nd his team.

From what we have witnessed recently with our pacers getting injured.. i would be surprised if our team management would have played a half fit saini in LOIs...

6 minutes ago, Amit228 said:

If he wasn't 100% fit or suffering from a back spasm .. then he shouldn't have played in LOIs... 

\

as if we had many option and he is a newcomer so captain takes more of a ca;;

6 minutes ago, Amit228 said:

If a bowler is not 100% than there is no point playing as it can prove detrimental for him nd his team.

Something thats not the norm in indian cricket