Don’t make mountain out of a molehill, says Kohli after lowest team total

Gollum

6 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

I know we all like to make fun of it but I miss the days when Sachin accepted he was a failure in captaincy and stepped down to focus on batting. Makes all the more sense now. 

There will never be another Sachin ,Sachin's stature will remain irreplaceable even if this faker break his few records. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

LINK 1

LINK 2

“I don’t think we have ever had a worse batting performance than this. So we can only go upwards from here and you will see guys stepping up and realising their true characters,” Kohli said in the post-match press conference after his team lost the first Test to Australia by eight wickets.

The Indian captain desperately tried but looked at pains to defend the indefensible — another inept overseas batting show with six successive scores of less than 250 just this year. “It’s a strange one to be honest in my opinion. The ball didn’t do much but we didn’t have too much intent of going out there and taking the game forward,” he lamented.

“Everything happened so quickly that no one could make any sense of it,” Kohli was unable to fathom what hit his team. Under Kohli, save the 2018 series in Australia, the Indian team has had way too many batting collapses including six on the trot, starting with New Zealand early this year, but strangely the skipper felt there isn’t anything alarming about it. “I don’t think it’s alarming and we can very well sit here and make a mountain out of a molehill, it’s basically looking at things in the right perspective,” he reasoned.

In fact, there has been close to 15 innings in SENA countries (South Africa, England, New Zealand and Australia) where the team has failed but the skipper could remember only six in 8-9 years. “You have just spoken about five or six batting collapses in 8 to 9 years if I am not wrong. There will definitely be collapses again and again and we have to accept our mistakes and what we need to work on.

“This is not club level cricket and obviously there is a lot of pressure involved at different stages and as batsmen, we take pride in doing our job for the team. We are not vulnerable to getting out cheaply or vulnerable to a collapse,” the skipper asserted.

He acknowledged the strategic mistakes by his teammates. “We played enough cricket to understand what needs to be done at different stages in a Test match. It’s just lack of executing a plan which is apt for that situation on Day 3,” he said. “We arrived today with 9 wickets in hand. We should have definitely put in a stronger batting performance. I don’t think any mental fatigue is involved and I don’t think that’s a factor,” he ruled out the burnout aspect completely.

While Josh Hazlwood and Pat Cummins were brilliant in their lines and lengths, the skipper felt that they didn’t do anything different compared to the first innings.

“Look they bowled similar lengths in the first innings also. We were just better in terms of handling it and having a plan around it how to go about it.’’

Kohli admitted that once again, India let the Australian tail wag, allowing the home team to reach 191 from 111 for 7 at one stage with as many as four catches being dropped during the innings. “It was very crucial. I think they were 7 down for 110 when Tim Paine offered a chance. Teams will not offer you opportunities again and again, you have to grab it when they come your way.’’

Tells a lot about the mentality of the Kaptaan and the bewdaa...... We fans are truly idiot to support these IPL hacks when they themselves treat these international drubbings as just another outing...

Australia/ England or even South Africa would have sacked their captain/ coach and management after so many overseas collapses and abject failures.

Shameful really.

1 hour ago, wanted_desi said:

Kohli reminds me of our another great leader in charge: Modi

I don't know how Politics is relevant in this but I get it, logic is not your forte.

One is an elected leader by majority ( not once but twice having accountability to his country as per democracy), the other is a selected captain based on god knows what with no accountability.

Yet to win a single trophy of significance with multiple captaincy failure , poor team selections and what not. It is really unthinkable that a proud sporting nation can persist with the same failures in the team management after so many collapses and losses.

25 minutes ago, Tridibans_16 said:

I don't know how Politics is relevant in this but I get it, logic is not your forte.

One is an elected leader by majority ( not once but twice having accountability to his country as per democracy), the other is a selected captain based on god knows what with no accountability.

Yet to win a single trophy of significance with multiple captaincy failure , poor team selections and what not. It is really unthinkable that a proud sporting nation can persist with the same failures in the team management after so many collapses and losses.

If you really think about it, I am not bringing politics, just example of leaders. Leaders are everywhere: Country, Sports, Corporates and sometimes even at your house. 

1 hour ago, Sandeep99 said:

There will definitely be collapses again and again and we have to accept our mistakes and what we need to work on.

The message is clear folks. I mean can a person let alone a captain be so shameless. I mean how can one say this? India is a chewtiya country. Only here people can say this and still get away. Disgusted.

I am going to my boss and say there will be mess ups again and again, but i will accept my mistakes and will work on it. I wonder how his reaction would be hmmm.