Jamieson v Green, the young ARs from down under

zen

Jamieson v Green  

19 members have voted

1. 1. On potential, who looks more impressive so far?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/2021 at 04:59 AM

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

To me Green looks like a genuine AR,his batting and bowling look equally strong certainly at this point

He is composed as well as aggressive who will not let loose deliveries go

Green seems to have a very aggressive approach while bowling as well very much like Watson ,he too has a heavy ball to surprise batsmen

Jamieson i have not seen him much,but NZ unlike Aus doesn't give a complete picture of  a seamer

If you consider bowling, traditionally Aussie pacers are all conditions bowler same cannot be said for NZ pacers barring few

Apart from McGrath, i don't recall any other Australia bowler who excelled everywhere. That's not true at all. 

New zeland pacerss are swing track bullies at best. Very overrated outside swing conditions. 

32 minutes ago, Tyron said:

Apart from McGrath, i don't recall any other Australia bowler who excelled everywhere. That's not true at all. 

New zeland pacerss are swing track bullies at best. Very overrated outside swing conditions. 

McGrath and Warne are ATG/GOAT bowlers ,but if you compare man to man Aussie bowlers have done better than NZ bowlers around the world

I can't recall even one from NZ if you leave Headly

5 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

McGrath and Warne are ATG/GOAT bowlers ,but if you compare man to man Aussie bowlers have done better than NZ bowlers around the world

I can't recall even one from NZ if you leave Headly

Tbf not many all condition bowlers are out there. 

Warner has an average of 44 in India. 

Apart from Steyn I don't see anyone else. Donald was a chutiya but gee he was a good player. 

So very few all condtion bowlers.

McGrath had a bad record in Pakistan. 

Edited by Tyron
1 minute ago, Tyron said:

Tbf not many all condition bowlers are out there. 

Warner has an average of 44 in India. 

Apart from Steyn I don't see anyone else. Donald was a chutiya but gee he was a good player. 

So very few all condtion bowlers.

McGrath had a bad record in Pakistan. 

Steyn is another GOAT,i rate him a little higher than Mcgrath had pace and had an undisputed record all around the world

McGrath had a poor record in Pakistan  is much to do with home umpiring

Yes,there are only few bowlers who have done well all around the world,as much little Aussie bowlers have done around the world but they had better bowlers compared to NZ

2 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Don't know why but i love this and think Mcgrath deserves every bit of it. 

He has a arrogant face, quite punchable. Same goes for Starc and that new guy Green. 

Hayden, Ponting and McGrath were as rude and ill behaved as they come.  And totally biased in favour of Australia.

I love it when they get some back.

After reading replies on this thread, I have realized that Indian fans after overhyping Indian talent have also started to the same with Australian players too. What has lodu Green done to get so many praises? He has played 2 Test matches already with no performance at show whereas Jamieson has taken 30 wickets in 5 Tests including a plenty of them in his first series.

21 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Green has done nothing of note so far in his short career whereas Jamieson already took like 5 5fers. Green is overrated bc he's Aussie. He is on same level as Mitchell Marsh the nalla

Green has played just 2 tests.

He may or may not be over-rated. But the time to judge him has not come yet.

P.S --  The Aussies keep hyping and overstating everything about their own players and putting down foreign players.

Edited by express bowling
1 minute ago, express bowling said:

P.S --  The Aussies keep on hyping and overstating everything about their own players and putting down foreign players.

Look at Jamieson's or even Currans record after two Tests. He was making Kohli dance on his tunes. 

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

P.S --  The Aussies keep hyping and overstating everything about their own players and putting down foreign players.

Green is 21 & Jamieson is 25/26.. So Jamieson has more FC experience.  Green is playing in a series where every Aussie batsman is failing for some reason.  Pretty sure if he was facing Pakistani or Lankan bowlers he'd have a stellar debut too.