TN Elections

coffee_rules

3 hours ago, randomGuy said:

UP population is 23 cr in 2020 , whereas TN is abt 7.8cr.

Lok sabha seats for UP : 80

For TN: 39

Looking forward to this ratio being fixed soon. Are you? 

in 2050 , UP population will be 50 crore and TN will be 10 :lol: 

UP population now migth be higher than whole south , and it should not punished for our better population control  

32 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Support AIADMK but no way are they winning this time, 2016 victory itself was surprising but then their tallest leader was alive and kicking. BJP state unit is too inept to get behind, and anyway why would even hardcore BJP supporters waste votes on them when AIADMK has been such a strong ally in Centre? Don't get the Bengal comparison, TMC/CPM/INC in Bengal are hostile, anti-national/dharmic entities who farm illegal BD votebank......AIADMK is a refined, regional version of BJP with its own positives/flaws, importantly not anti-national like DMK (for instance check its official reaction post 370 abrogation ). 

UAPA, 370, TT, farm bills, Ayodhya, Pak policy etc., only one party has been supporting BJP unconditionally. During RJB days when media/ecosystem was against saffron only 2 other parties sent construction material for Ram temple, Bal Thackeray's SS and Amma's party. When Modi was a pariah before 2013 Amma was one of his very few public backers, don't forget. Sure there has sometimes been friction between the parties but that is a norm in Indian politics, even BJP has had internal friction with competing camps.

Unless AIADMK/BJP form an alliance, vote for BJP is a vote for DMK.

I wish Bengal gets a party like AIADMK, a regional, pro-dharmic, unabashedly nationalist, RW party with sons of soil leading the charge. The fire that Tapan Ghosh started must reach its logical conclusion. Atm too many haramis from TMC defecting to state unit of BJP and they are simply opportunists with no ideology, you think they'll ever allow NRC in the state? 

Edited by randomGuy

DMKs biggest strength is their complete domination of narration in the news and media .. they domiate SM but it still give better playing field for admk and other parties esp for BJP .. 

recently kanimolis entourage dont give way for the ambulance and asked them to take alternate route in Coimbatore , such a serious thing but no media bothered to report ..

if samething might have done by other party , media migth have got a burning hot news for a week .. 

also DK/DMK and it cronies create few fake intellectuals like dosa manimaran , prasanna , panimalar ( cute and super doable :icflove: )  and do PR job for them .. but quality of these intellectuals are going down ..

19 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Why isn't AIADMK part of NDA? Are there some policy difference? Or people see alliance with 'Aryan' party as bad? Or problem in seat sharing?

AIADMK is part of NDA bro, fought 2019 GE together with BJP. In fact  it is the best partner of BJP in the alliance, having consistently supported Modi sarkar in all its decisions....NDA's JDU opposed Triple Talaq in Lok Sabha, even 370 abrogation IIRC. But right from UAPA amendment to recent farm bills, every step AIADMK has backed the govt, saved Modi/Shah a couple of times in Rajya Sabha most famous being the CAA vote. 

Dunno how they will roll in the assembly election, seat sharing may be tricky since there are multiple camps even within AIADMK. Policy difference I don't see, both parties broadly aligned in core issues. Large chunk of AIADMK voters are kattar Hindus, don't think they'll have a problem with BJP, most of the Aryan/Hindi noise comes from DMK/DK/VCK/NTK/Muslim outfits/missionaries/commies and AIADMK just gives PC statements so as not to allow DMK to set the agenda. 

Edited by Gollum

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

AIADMK is part of NDA bro, fought 2019 GE together with BJP. In fact  it is the best partner of BJP in the alliance, having consistently supported Modi sarkar in all its decisions....NDA's JDU opposed Triple Talaq in Lok Sabha, even 370 abrogation IIRC. But right from UAPA amendment to recent farm bills, every step AIADMK has backed the govt, saved Modi/Shah a couple of times in Rajya Sabha most famous being the CAA vote. 

Dunno how they will roll in the assembly election, seat sharing may be tricky since there are multiple camps even within AIADMK. Policy difference I don't see, both parties broadly aligned in core issues. Large chunk of AIADMK voters are kattar Hindus, don't think they'll have a problem with BJP, most of the Aryan/Hindi noise comes from DMK/DK/missionaries and AIADMK just gives PC statements so as not to allow DMK to set the agenda. 

Which is why I deleted/edited the post..in assembly elections they are fighting alone, so I mistakingly assumed it isn't part of NDA.

AIADMK seems like a loyal BJP partner at the centre.

ADMK contested directly vs DMK in bypolls along with LS electioons , and DMK narrowly defeated ADMK ( 9 vs 12 i think ) in early 2019 .. 

again in late 2019 , admk won both the seats vs dmk .. so it wont be a cakewalk for DMK as many expecting 

in 2016 , direct ADMK vs DMK contest was narrowly won by DMK , but ADMK was contesting in more seats while DMK gifted many of its hopeless seats to its allies ..

ADMK is in a much better position than how there were after the demise of amma only becuase of BJPs strong backing ..

without BJPs support ADMK government might have fallen long back ( though BJP was against EPS government and sasikala , after EPS ditched sasikala , BJP gave full support to both EPS & OPS in defending DMK and TTV ..

biggest loser still is MK Stalin who expected that government will fall in 3/4 months and did nothing in overconfidence , but government is about to compete its full 5 years .. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Support AIADMK but no way are they winning this time, 2016 victory itself was surprising but then their tallest leader was alive and kicking. BJP state unit is too inept to get behind, and anyway why would even hardcore BJP supporters waste votes on them when AIADMK has been such a strong ally in Centre? Don't get the Bengal comparison, TMC/CPM/INC in Bengal are hostile, anti-national/dharmic entities who farm illegal BD votebank......AIADMK is a refined, regional version of BJP with its own positives/flaws, importantly not anti-national like DMK (for instance check its official reaction post 370 abrogation ). 

UAPA, 370, TT, farm bills, Ayodhya, Pak policy etc., only one party has been supporting BJP unconditionally. During RJB days when media/ecosystem was against saffron only 2 other parties sent construction material for Ram temple, Bal Thackeray's SS and Amma's party. When Modi was a pariah before 2013 Amma was one of his very few public backers, don't forget. Sure there has sometimes been friction between the parties but that is a norm in Indian politics, even BJP has had internal friction with competing camps.

I wish Bengal gets a party like AIADMK, a regional, pro-dharmic, unabashedly nationalist, RW party with sons of soil leading the charge. The fire that Tapan Ghosh started must reach its logical conclusion. Atm too many haramis from TMC defecting to state unit of BJP and they are simply opportunists with no ideology, you think they'll ever allow NRC in the state? 

Who told you aiadmk was dharmic? Not against dharma but not dharmic either. In return for their support the bjp did not plug on their state gov. Was a symbiotic relationship. 

To get into particulars caste is one big issues that drives tn. Bjp made inroads in nadars in the south cause devars were firmly with aiadmk. So its not a question of wasting votes. Pon and Tamilisai were state presidents of bjp in tn and both were nadar. Its a question of patronage.

Many will vote bjp for getting perks in central government jobs. Thats not a wasted vote in their view.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Strong points. Winning Bengal itself will be watershed moment. They can later decide how to consolidate the organisation. Consolidation will take one term. There will be violence and rioting pre and post elections. 

i only want them to put the fear of god into violent goons freely moving there.  Some cynical pragmatic recruits I can live with for now. Suvendru in fact reminds me a lot of Himanshu who has turned out to be trump card for bjp and one of the future potential leaders. 

5 hours ago, randomGuy said:

1.No country has GDP per capita criteria . If you go down that lane, cities vs villages GDP per capita debate would open up.. frankly it is an idiotic idea. Incrementally, the gdp growth, the demographics would be provided by the north

2. South is marginally better GDP wise, not necessarily in quality of life. I would prefer staying in North and possibly never in TN, no offense to you.

3. People stand in queues to leave South India to western Europe, US Australia etc. same as they do in the north.

In every quality of life parameters, south Indians cities consistently top the list. You might want to live in North cause you are used to it, but for any average Indian growing up in South India gives much better chance at prosperity than North India. 

India is a unique country, it is basically an union of states with diff culture and languages. In such a country, if you want to reward the states then Seats should be allocated based on various parameters and not on population. Is it our fault that we have better healthcare and education to reduce population?? 

Reg migration, yes we migrate to other countries but have you seen huge migrant south Indian workers in other north Indian states. In the recent covid lockdown we saw millions of workers moving from South to North. Did you have such movement from north to south? people here can move abroad or thrive our state, no need to move to to other states as migrant workers. All this indicate the quality of life

6 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

BJP youth wing setting the ground up for future. 

Lol. This guy believe me he is a bad choice, already been trolled mercilessly.  BJP needs a strong local leader, one who can connect with the masses. An Urban IPS guy can't do ****.

Some simple tips if BJP wants to build a vote bank.

1) Identify a local leader. Someone with charisma and can connect with masses

2) Treat TN BJP as a separate state party. Don't support everything center does. Build some state autonomy

3) Don't use Nationalism and Religion to get votes . Ram temple ain't gonna get votes, Hindu nation ain't gonna get votes. 

4) DO NOT BRING HINDI IN. NO. NEVER. Oppose it vehement

Basically if you want to build a party here you have to adopt Dravidian principles. pan widget

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Dunno how they will roll in the assembly election, seat sharing may be tricky since there are multiple camps even within AIADMK. Policy difference I don't see, both parties broadly aligned in core issues. Large chunk of AIADMK voters are kattar Hindus, don't think they'll have a problem with BJP, most of the Aryan/Hindi noise comes from DMK/DK/VCK/NTK/Muslim outfits/missionaries/commies and AIADMK just gives PC statements so as not to allow DMK to set the agenda. 

AIADMK was not an ally before JJ period. Infact Jayalalitha opposed Modi vehemently. She said TN will never have a Modi wave, " Modi is nothing in front of this lady" is the quote.She treated him like ****. 

After her death,.EPS and OPS had to maintain the relationship to save their rule. And if they are clever , they will avoid BJP in this election to have any chance of winning atleast 25-30 seats

4 minutes ago, ash said:

In every quality of life parameters, south Indians cities consistently top the list. You might want to live in North cause you are used to it, but for any average Indian growing up in South India gives much better chance at prosperity than North India. 

India is a unique country, it is basically an union of states with diff culture and languages. In such a country, if you want to reward the states then Seats should be allocated based on various parameters and not on population. Is it our fault that we have better healthcare and education to reduce population?? 

Reg migration, yes we migrate to other countries but have you seen huge migrant south Indian workers in other north Indian states. In the recent covid lockdown we saw millions of workers moving from South to North. Did you have such movement from north to south? people here can move abroad or thrive our state, no need to move to to other states as migrant workers. All this indicate the quality of life

Not to offend you, but many TN people are good at singing self praises, that's what I have found out, atleast here. Let others say good things about you rather than self praising. I am also not averse to praising something good you know :)

weather alone is so horrible in Chennai that if people go somehow,they wanna come back... you could say similar things about pollution in Delhi in 2 months (October, November -which is why I believe covid deaths also shot up in those 2 months)..

TCS, microsoft etc. Setup offices in South and so , it created an ecosystem of other jobs as well (for all kinds of people including labourers) to migrate Plus the great weather that cities like Bangalore and Hyderabad (not Chennai) enjoy. South people should not flatter themselves , they are not enterprising in particular. The migrating people from north are massive boost for South as the migrating people are largely hardworking, law abiding, contributing to the GDP, building and contributing to the cities of the south.

Migration happens within north as well as cities , to metros such as Delhi Mumbai (if you consider Mumbai as north)from UP Bihar etc. 

4 minutes ago, ash said:

Lol. This guy believe me he is a bad choice, already been trolled mercilessly.  BJP needs a strong local leader, one who can connect with the masses. An Urban IPS guy can't do ****.

Some simple tips if BJP wants to build a vote bank.

1) Identify a local leader. Someone with charisma and can connect with masses

2) Treat TN BJP as a separate state party. Don't support everything center does. Build some state autonomy

3) Don't use Nationalism and Religion to get votes . Ram temple ain't gonna get votes, Hindu nation ain't gonna get votes. 

4) DO NOT BRING HINDI IN. NO. NEVER. Oppose it vehement

Basically if you want to build a party here you have to adopt Dravidian principles. pan widget

I would think these are very pertinent and basic ideas which they have considered.  I don’t think these are school kids. They have not come this far by simplistic one point strategy. It is cadre based party so the work will ground up like Tripura and WB. 

Dravidian politics will be killed with the end of Karunanidhi in time. It was political tool for its time with its leader. Landscape for politics will shift in coming years. 

2 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Not to offend you, but many TN people are good at singing self praises, that's what I have found out, atleast here. Let others say good things about you rather than self praising. I am also not averse to praising something good you know :)

weather alone is so horrible in Chennai that if people go somehow,they wanna come back... you could say similar things about pollution in Delhi in 2 months (October, November -which is why I believe covid deaths also shot up in those 2 months)..

TCS, microsoft etc. Setup offices in South and so , it created an ecosystem of other jobs as well (for all kinds of people including labourers) to migrate Plus the great weather that cities like Bangalore and Hyderabad (not Chennai) enjoy. South people should not flatter themselves , they are not enterprising in particular. The migrating people from north are massive boost for South as the migrating people are largely hardworking, law abiding, contributing to the GDP, building and contributing to the cities of the south.

Migration happens within north as well as cities , to metros such as Delhi Mumbai (if you consider Mumbai as north)from UP Bihar etc. 

Weather is not an issue, Hyderabad is as hot as Chennai. Most Northies don't stay here cause we don't speak Hindi.

I don't undermine the labour workers from north, they are doing a great job for us. It is like people from Mexico going to US for a better life. We welcome them and provide the life their state can't. 

TCS , Microsoft and all won't come by magic. It is the work of a strong state government. DMK started SEZ zones for IT park way back in 1999 when IT outsourcing was not even a thing.  ADMK brought many manufacturing companies. Facts tell the truth my friend

5 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I would think these are very pertinent and basic ideas which they have considered.  I don’t think these are school kids. They have not come this far by simplistic one point strategy. It is cadre based party so the work will ground up like Tripura and WB. 

Dravidian politics will be killed with the end of Karunanidhi in time. It was political tool for its time with its leader. Landscape for politics will shift in coming years. 

Lol. Man I ain't a DMK supporter but know the ground level politics. Wait for 6 more months, the results will be 180-190 for DMK this time. 

9 minutes ago, ash said:

AIADMK was not an ally before JJ period. Infact Jayalalitha opposed Modi vehemently. She said TN will never have a Modi wave, " Modi is nothing in front of this lady" is the quote.She treated him like ****. 

Lol Jaya and Modi were very good friends. She backed Modi in the 2000s when he was a pariah, she was the lone non-BJP leader who used to attend his CM swearing in ceremonies back then. 

Couldn't care less about what she said, he said in some rally....every politician does it, including Modi. 

As Chief Minister of Gujarat, Modi attended her swearing-in ceremony in 2011 and Jayalalithaa reciprocated by flying to Ahmedabad in 2012 when Modi took oath as Gujarat CM for the fourth time. She was also the first non-BJP CM to extend her support to Modi’s prime ministerial candidature in 2013.

Jayalalithaa has never hidden her friendship with Modi. When he was elevated as Chairman of the BJP’s Election Campaign Committee for 2014 Lok Sabha polls at the Goa conclave, Jayalalitha had said: “..but at a personal level, Modi is a very good friend of mine, I have high regard for him as an able administrator. My good wishes are always with him whether he wins election in Gujarat or achieves an elevation in his own party. I’m happy for him.”

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Lol Jaya and Modi were very good friends. She backed Modi in the 2000s when he was a pariah, she was the lone non-BJP leader who used to attend his CM swearing in ceremonies back then. 

Couldn't care less about what she said, he said in some rally....every politician does it, including Modi. 

I was talking about the 2014 elections and the NDA alliance. Even after NDA won, Jaya openly opposed NEET and many other policies. Point is ADMK was never an ally of NDA when Jaya was alive, she fought fiercely for State autonomy.

Anyway I ain't following politics these days, so don't have much input.

For me Assam and Bengal elections are more important, hope BJP wins in Assam and becomes the dominant opposition party in Bengal. By the end of this decade we must finish with NRC process in both these states. And start improving this shithole state of Bengal ruined by 35 years of Left Front and 10 years of Mamata misrule.