Hanuma Vihari has 4 innings to save or cement his career

neel roy

19 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I hope he goes.   However, it could be hope against hope.   As KL has flown back to India with injured wrist.  There is no one to replace this TTF in the 4th test.  

okay then he would probably get one more game

17 hours ago, Adamant said:

All those supporting him are either from his home state(which is sad) or want to prove Kohli wrong

or on the flip side people are hating on him because he is not a flashy superstar IPL tailunt or neither is he a “yo bro” type dude and may  be don’t that’s why we don’t have the same Patience or tolerance for him.

It’s  simple the guy has been topping run charts and cashing every opportunity he gets in A games etc- Got a well earned opportunity.

He got a fair run. In fact I will argue that he got more tests because he only plays overseas. He wouldn’t get a run of 12 tests had he played mostly at home. So team management is alright here.

Now if he gets dropped, he shouldn’t feel hard done by.

If he complains then Pile on the hate   

If he goes back to domestics, I think that will be it for him unless he reinvents his LOI game somehow. 

It is what it is, Someone earned their shot and couldn’t carry the ball.

you are reading too much into it either on purpose or accidentally, that’s for you to figure it out.

Edited by maniac
55 minutes ago, maniac said:

or on the flip side people are hating on him because he is not a flashy superstar IPL tailunt or neither is he a “yo bro” type dude and may  be don’t that’s why we don’t have the same Patience or tolerance for him.

It’s  simple the guy has been topping run charts and cashing every opportunity he gets in A games etc- Got a well earned opportunity.

He got a fair run. In fact I will argue that he got more tests because he only plays overseas. He wouldn’t get a run of 12 tests had he played mostly at home. So team management is alright here.

Now if he gets dropped, he shouldn’t feel hard done by.

If he complains then Pile on the hate   

If he goes back to domestics, I think that will be it for him unless he reinvents his LOI game somehow. 

It is what it is, Someone earned their shot and couldn’t carry the ball.

you are reading too much into it either on purpose or accidentally, that’s for you to figure it out.

All valid points. But it is concerning that someone with his limited skill set has been at the top of domestic run charts as illustrates that the standard at domestic level is not up to much.

Of equal concern is that there appear to be no young test level batters coming through, cupboard looks pretty bare.

Karun Nair should never have been dropped, one can't fluke a test 300 against a team like England no matter how flat the conditions are. In India he would have been a handy #5 and overseas at least more positive than majority of the guys in this XI, definitely would have bullied Lyon with his sweeps and reverse sweeps. 

Before this series the most irritating memory watching cricket was Rahane against spin in India in 2016-18. Watching Vihari against Lyon these last 2 tests, got to say spin stocks in Ranji must be at historic low. 

Edited by Gollum