Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2021-22

Mosher

Prasidh looks to be 10 kph to 15 kph quicker and a foot more bouncy compared to all other pacers on view.

It would have been nice if Karnataka batters had put up a decent score and gave him something to bowl at.

He got a couple of balls to seam in sharply. Although the commentators are saying that the pitch has eased a lot from the first session.

But with Karnataka exiting now, he will go unnoticed again. 

25 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh looks to be 10 kph to 15 kph quicker and a foot more bouncy compared to all other pacers on view.

It would have been nice if Karnataka batters had put up a decent score and gave him something to bowl at.

He got a couple of balls to seam in sharply. Although the commentators are saying that the pitch has eased a lot from the first session.

But with Karnataka exiting now, he will go unnoticed again. 

Yeah Prasidh will have a chance in IPL..  DK was Pathetic & didn't gave him many games last season.  Also no invitation XI vs Eng as earlier we used to field our prospects vs touring teams. 

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Vaibhav Arora looks like a genuine swing bowler.

Bowling big inswingers at probably around 130 to 135 k

Plus tall guy

If one has to pick a medium pacer ... I would prefer a genuine swing bowler with height like Arora 

Jason Holder demonstrates how deadly height + swing can be! 

10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Vaibhav Arora looks like a genuine swing bowler.

Bowling big inswingers at probably around 130 to 135 k

Plus tall guy

If one has to pick a medium pacer ... I would prefer a genuine swing bowler with height like Arora 

I posted his video long back when he cleaned up pujara in domestic, many had doubts regd hi pace then . Is the pace shown on Tv or 130-135 is ur assumption ?

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I posted his video long back when he cleaned up pujara in domestic, many had doubts regd hi pace then . Is the pace shown on Tv or 130-135 is ur assumption ?

I wrote probably.

Looks about medium-fast to me.

Not too slow but not quick either.

He is the kind of pacer who will need to swing the ball consistently for effect.

What interests me is his height + swing combo ... may work in T20s.

Most of our swing bowlers are on the shorter side and I don't like short swing bowlers as they become innocuous the moment the ball stops swinging.

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Arora looked disappointing in his 4th over ... when the ball stopped swinging.

Could not use his height or bounce and got smashed for 18 runs. 

Yeah was taken apart really.

Didn't see any yorkers like in the video posted above. May have been due to the dew though