Apologise to Rohit Sharma

sage

10 minutes ago, sage said:

Finally after a decade we have our solution to our opening woes. Agarwal couldn't do it. Vijay couldn't do it. Dhawan couldn't do it. Rahul couldn't do it. Shaw couldn't do it.

In Gill and Rohit we have found something magical. The envy of the cricketing world.

I agree both of them along with Rahul should be the core of Indian openers.

12 minutes ago, Serpico said:

He had real chance to greatness here.. if he lasted for another 100-150 balls and got a century, his overseas bad name could have been redeemed.. so depressing to watch him throw it away AGAIN

When he retires and looks back at his test career, among all "what if"  this will probably be the biggest one.

If he had scored a century Aus would have been on the defensive.

18 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Huge missed opportunity, brain fade 10 minutes before end of day's play :facepalm:

Has been in international cricket for so long, so much backing even in red ball cricket, when will he take responsibility? 

The pattern of 'unforced errors' continues with Rohit.  This is why I gave up on him as a test batsman - the last 'last' time was Adelaide chase where Virat scored that 100. 

His problem is that he has not figured out his shot selection and 'pacing' in test cricket.  And tbh I would trust a Mayank with a flawed technique more than him.  

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

The pattern of 'unforced errors' continues with Rohit.  This is why I gave up on him as a test batsman - the last 'last' time was Adelaide chase where Virat scored that 100. 

His problem is that he has not figured out his shot selection and 'pacing' in test cricket.  And tbh I would trust a Mayank with a flawed technique more than him.  

so you trust a guy who scored less than 20 runs in 4 innings and looks flustered against short pitch bowling  over a guy who just scored a 50 and a 25 and established a 50 run partnership in 2 games, adds value as a tactician and looked absolutely at home against 140+ Short pitch bowling :hatsoff:

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

so you trust a guy who scored less than 20 runs in 4 innings and looks flustered against short pitch bowling  over a guy who just scored a 50 and a 25 and established a 50 run partnership in 2 games, adds value as a tactician and looked absolutely at home against 140+ Short pitch bowling :hatsoff:

yes, I trust the guy who has demonstrated test match temperament more times than Rohit in a career 10x long.  Mayank didn't get to bat at Sydney, but its a very safe speculation that if he had gotten past 20 runs, i.e. gotten his eye in, he wouldn't have thrown his wicketTWICE in the weak-minded fashion that Mr. Senior Pro did.  And that would have altered the course of the test match.  Top order batsmen don't give away freebies like that.  They make it count.  Something that Rohit has repeatedly proven he is unable to do in test matches, except against the likes of West Indies, at home.

What happens to "tactician" when it comes to tactics for his own individual innings? Unreliable weak-minded, poor temperament, overhyped fatboi of a batsman.

Go take your Rohit salad tossing elsewhere, I am salty about the way T3 has played out, and don't have much patience to indulge your silliness.  

Edited by sandeep
19 minutes ago, maniac said:

Give this pitch to mayank and he would have scored a 100 in atleast one innings. The ball wasn't swinging and he is more test match aware. At the very least he wont have thrown away his wicket in a ball he didn't have to play and towards the end of the innings. Smith and Labu were at the crease at the end of day 1 and 3. Both of them closed down in the last few overs on both occasions. If only Rohit has such sense. we would be still having a better opportunity at a draw. One aggressive batsman and one defensive will confuse the opposition and have to set different fields for them. This is why RD and SRT has so much success.

With Rohit or Mayank, the boundaries are always at threat and Paine would have defensive fields for them and attacking fields for Pujara. Tomorrow, they will have the same field for both Pujara and rahane and one of them mostly Rahane needs to attack a bit to push the fields back. But he is still not at the same level in tackling spin as Mayank or Rohit. If Rohit was there at stumps, Paine would have to give easy single to long on off Lyon's bowling and Pujara will block the rest of the over. Mayank is still 29 and only the second tour of Aus. He would have cashed in. As opposed to Rohit for whom it seems this is his last tour of Aus. I hope this is his last tour :fear1:

Edited by Real McCoy

He and Gill are an upgrade on the opening partnership tried previously.

Rohit has had a decent Test Match considering the backdrop Quarantine, Fitness issues.

Rohit will get to play England away series this year, if he fails he could be phased out.

However, compared to all Indian Batsmen in his age range he looks in his peak.

100's are not everything.

Will not be surprised if Rohit does well at Brisbane.

Its same old story- he is consistent overseas and when he gets a start he throws it away  but sad reality is he at this point is looking better then Shaw n Mayank (even though those batted on tough pitches) but still their chinks have beome bigger. 

So If anyone wants to feel better that he is andho men kaanna raja go ahead 

In addition, if you are an avid Cricket Indian Fan and you live overseas you want to be entertained as a cricket viewer, waking up odd hours to watch live Cricket is only fruitful if you are watching gifted stroke makers like Rohit & Gill.

Watching players like Rahane, Pujara & Vihari gives the signal to opposition that they cannot hurt our bowling plans, You need to counter attack and disrupt opposition plans,