This draw feels better than MCG win

Gollum

Poll  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which one did you enjoy more?

Both results feel equally special. As an emotional rollercoaster, today's game is  several notches higher. The inevitability of defeat when Rahane got out as soon as the day started, incredulity at Pant's audacious batting, a brief flicker of slight hope coupled with a fear of this rearguard being too good to last,  the satisfaction of seeing the Aussies getting rattled, crushing disappointment when Pant fell short of a century, resigned to defeat after Pujara fell, and rooting for Vihari and Ashwin's unbelievable stand to never end. 

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

How many feel this way?

Hard fought draws in SENA are so rare, especially with us being behind the game for first 4 days.....and losing Jaddu, few other players not 100% fit.

SENA wins we have several, but that 4th innings effort was something special. Super Pant, Monk Che and topped off with an ATG partnership between an injured guy and another guy with a dozen body bruises. Against one of the greatest bowling attacks ever assembled. Amazing warrior mentality!!!!!

MCG was better Gollu :yousuck:

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

How many feel this way?

Hard fought draws in SENA are so rare, especially with us being behind the game for first 4 days.....and losing Jaddu, few other players not 100% fit.

SENA wins we have several, but that 4th innings effort was something special. Super Pant, Monk Che and topped off with an ATG partnership between an injured guy and another guy with a dozen body bruises. Against one of the greatest bowling attacks ever assembled. Amazing warrior mentality!!!!!

All true, but a win is a win is a win.  And the MCG win had a lot of emotions around it too - coming back from 36 a.o., playing with a depleted squad etc.  

Also, this is probably not the time or place to make this confession, but what the heck, we are all friends today - I feel just a slight twinge of disappointment that we did not win.  Obviously I didn't have that expectation going in to day 5, but the way Pant played, I started to truly believe.  I started to do all my superstitious moves - sitting in the same spot on my couch, making sure my wife did not move from her spot, postponing dinner till it was lunch break in Sydney so I don't have to get up from the couch etc.  

Then when Pujara hit 3 straight fours off Cummins with the new ball, I was ecstatic and looking forward to a true push towards a win even though Pant was not there.  Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps!  

But it's all good.  

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

How many feel this way?

Can't argue against anything you said. But SENA wins are so rare especially for us 90s kids having that mental scar of Aussie/ Saffer tours and getting our asses handed back to us that any win in a test (even a dead rubber J'oburg 2018) is to be cherished.

Personally, MCG win triumphs todays draw, but contextually speaking, with everything going around, this is perhaps the best match I have witnessed in SENA by India.