Whats your team for the final test at the Gabba?

I like Natrajan in T20s, but he hasn't justified a test call over Kuldeep and Shardul. Moreover he is a proper no11, would not be a suitable replacement for Jadeja at all. 

Thunderstorms are forecasted on all 5 days, which means wet outfield. Playing Kuldeep would be a huge gamble. Could very well go the Yasir Shah way. 

Go with Thakur if you want 5 bowlers, or bring in Saha as keeper and play with 6 batsmen. 

58 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

Gabba not spin friendly. No Kuldeep. Your effective options are 3 pacers + Ashwin if Pant cant keep. 4 pacers (Natrajan or Thakur) + Ashwin if Pant can keep.

Agree, get Natrajan in place of Jaddu. 4 pacers + Ashwin and 6 batsmen including WK.

Lets kick those Cheating Arses...

Jaddu, Vihari are out cos of injury. 

Kuldeep is a must. Ash seems to be carrying injury as well and Bumrah is one long spell away from breaking down. And if some bowler gets hit we will struggle with a 4 man bowling attack, decent possibility of that happening. We need a 5th bowler who Aussies will fear, Thakur/Nattu will accomplish nothing. Moreover Kuly is as good/bad a batsman as Shardul. Pick a XI capable of picking 20 wickets for <500 runs. Beyond that cutoff even extra Kohli won't help us win the match.

Gill

Rohit

Che

Rahane

Pant

Mayank

Ashwin

Kuly

Bumrah

Saini

Siraj

Two things must work in our favor.

1. Win toss, bat first, exploit tired legs of Cummins and co.

2. Fit Pant who can keep.

1 is  beyond our control. Regarding 2 if Pant isn't fully fit, drop Mayank, push Rohit to MO and make Saha open with Gill. Saha's 15(40) opening at Gabba is good enough for me since he adds a lot as keeper, and keeps Pant fresh. 

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

I personally feel India needs to go for the kill.

We need to in for the WTC points. Even if we lose its fine. With 4 bowlers I doubt we can get 20 aussie wickets. Australia too today struggled with 4 bowlers. Cummins I feel ran out of steam. 

With 4 bowlers you are expecting to do quite a big job. Vihari injury was a big blow as he was somebody who could be that person who bowled 10 overs.

I think mayank can bowl 5 7 overs. maybe our tailunted vc? 

24 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1. Gill

2. Rohit

3. Pujara

4. Rahane

5. Pant

6. Mayank

7. Saha

8. Ashwin

9. Saini

10. Bumrah 

11. Siraj

I'd have played the same but considering the experience of past two matches where Yadav and Jaddu got injured, it will be foolish not to expect one more bowler's injury. Best bet is play another bowler even if the batting resource is depleted.

news sources already mention thakur instead of jadeja. He is the closest like for like replacement but then pant must bat at 6, ashwin at 7. shardul is not a bad bat, but cant expect more than 20 per innings from him. I hope he can keep the other pacers fresh and keep it tight. Rohit sharma and mayank, both needs to step up, particularly the senior trio of pujara rohit and rahane need to do bulk of the scoring. Only chance we have is if we bat first and score 300 to 350.

I would feel pretty hurt if we lose this series. the 1st test was there for the taking. we are clearly the better team currently. the injuries have completely broken our back.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Jaddu, Vihari are out cos of injury. 

Kuldeep is a must. Ash seems to be carrying injury as well and Bumrah is one long spell away from breaking down. And if some bowler gets hit we will struggle with a 4 man bowling attack, decent possibility of that happening. We need a 5th bowler who Aussies will fear, Thakur/Nattu will accomplish nothing. Moreover Kuly is as good/bad a batsman as Shardul. Pick a XI capable of picking 20 wickets for <500 runs. Beyond that cutoff even extra Kohli won't help us win the match.

Gill

Rohit

Che

Rahane

Pant

Mayank

Ashwin

Kuly

Bumrah

Saini

Siraj

Two things must work in our favor.

1. Win toss, bat first, exploit tired legs of Cummins and co.

2. Fit Pant who can keep.

1 is  beyond our control. Regarding 2 if Pant isn't fully fit, drop Mayank, push Rohit to MO and make Saha open with Gill. Saha's 15(40) opening at Gabba is good enough for me since he adds a lot as keeper, and keeps Pant fresh. 

Ashwin n kuldeep batting after the fall of 6 wickets is not ideal.. Tail is too weak ashwin can't repeat today's heroics every time.. At 7 n

8 I think we need bowlers who can bat. 

Edited by OpeningBatsman