Whats your team for the final test at the Gabba?

6 minutes ago, vaul said:

Yasir Shah could not trouble aussie batsmen on gabba pitch.For that reason Kuldeep might not be good option.Thakur would be better choice - very accurate with good out-swing ,stamina of test bowler.Thakur is best betsman among reserve bowlers.

Yasir Shah could not Trouble Aussies in SCG  2016 where Kuldeep took 5 wickets in a inns.  Kuldeep is in different league compared to Yasir & Yasir doesn't even have a Googly to boot while Kuldeep has one of the best googlies in the world. 

17 minutes ago, vaul said:

Yasir Shah could not trouble aussie batsmen on gabba pitch.For that reason Kuldeep might not be good option.Thakur would be better choice - very accurate with good out-swing ,stamina of test bowler.Thakur is best betsman among reserve bowlers.

lol yasir shah is not the standard, that phateechar averages 100+ in Australia

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yasir Shah could not Trouble Aussies in SCG  2016 where Kuldeep took 5 wickets in a inns.  Kuldeep is in different league compared to Yasir & Yasir doesn't even have a Googly to boot while Kuldeep has one of the best googlies in the world. 

Kuldeep was selected in a test in England - that decision proved disastrous.Unlike SCG gabba pitch is helpful for pacers.Thakur has all the qualities of test bowler - swing,control,persistence,stamina.

7 hours ago, G_B_ said:

The Gabba will be more pace friendly than spin based on history of last 5 tests there. It will also be on the flatter side with something in it for the pacers. Exactly how the Aussies like it. Good fast bowling is rewarded.

With Jadeja out I think he needs to be replaced by a pacer. I feel that we can trust Ashwin with the bat at the Gabba. So of the remaining options I will pick Natrajan over Thakur and ask him to bowl wicket to wicket and build pressure. Saini can be spray gun so I dont think India can carry both Thakur and Saini. I feel it will be a mistake to not have 5 bowlers at the Gabba. 

Re Pant and Vihari. If Pant cannot keep then you have no option but to call in Saha as the keeper. If Vihari is fit then this means going with 4 bowlers. Pant cannot be dropped and should play as a batsman. Vihari has a hamstring niggle. Not sure if there is enough time for him to recover. 

My Team

Sharma

Shaw

Pujara

Rahane

Pant/ Saha (if pant injured Saha)

Vihari/Agarwal

Ashwin

Natrajan/Saha (if pant players as a batsman, Natrajan if Pant players as a batsman and keeper)

Saini

Bumrah

Siraj

No Gill after being the best opener in both the tests he played ? :facepalm:

6 hours ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Mayank

Rohit

Pujara

Rahane

Pant

Rohit

Ravi shastri 

Ashwin

Siraj

Bumrah

Saini 

I don't think Rohit will be allowed to bat again at 4 down when he is already opening the innings :laugh:

2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I am assuming Ashwin will be good to go but Vihari won't.

Sharma

Gill (There's a rapport going at the top, so don't change openers)

Pujara

Pant (just loved P/P combo. L/R. Young/old. Aggro/calm.  Hence Pant at 4)

Rahane

Ashwin

Saha (w/k) - feel so much better with Saha keeping. Let Pant do his thing with the willow.

K. Yadav

Saini

Bumrah

Siraj

Like it, but dont think Ashwin will last the whole test. Nattu to replace him? If Ashwin is fit, no questions about his place. No Thakur please.. he will bowl lollipops.

10 minutes ago, vaul said:

Kuldeep was selected in a test in England - that decision proved disastrous.Unlike SCG gabba pitch is helpful for pacers.Thakur has all the qualities of test bowler - swing,control,persistence,stamina.

Warne had a terrific record in Gabba & so does Lyon I think.  Gabba is not a green top..  It's a pitch with extra bounce & carry. 

The zip & bounce is what a wrist spinner craves...  If you have quality you will do well.  Plus Aussies have a poor record against Kuly in both tests he has played.  With attacking field sets he is a beast..   Trundlers Nattu & Thakur will be spanked badly.  Gabba is a good batting pitch overall. 

8 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

One thing for sure...Rahane will go with 5 bowlers...In all 4 matches as captain, he has played 5 bowlers and next match will be no different.

I wouldn't be so sure.  Seems like there is a rain forecast that may take away big chunks of the game, shortening it up significantly.  Tactically, a draw retains the BG trophy.  And given the choice, I'd rather not go with Lord Shardul as the 5th bowler tbh.  

Its a shame that with Vihari injured, we do not even have a part-time bowling option in the team.  

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Warne had a terrific record in Gabba & so does Lyon I think.  Gabba is not a green top..  It's a pitch with extra bounce & carry. 

The zip & bounce is what a wrist spinner craves...  If you have quality you will do well.  Plus Aussies have a poor record against Kuly in both tests he has played.  With attacking field sets he is a beast..   Trundlers Nattu & Thakur will be spanked badly.  Gabba is a good batting pitch overall. 

And if we are talking up Shardul's "batting skills", Kuldeep isn't exactly a mug with the bat either.

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Kuldeep could not get single wicket in 16 overs he bowled in first practice match.Ashwin and Siraj got 2 and 3 respectively.Thakur has 200 fc wickets for a reason.Though he is not very quick but has swing,accuracy and stamina.

My team

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Rahane

Pant/Mayank

Saha

Ashwin/Kuldeep

Saini

Bhumrah

Siraj

Natrajan

The key is to surprise Aussies with Natrajan. He could pick wickets if ball swings. He needs to open bowling with Bhumrah. If Rahane brings him late (say in 30th over then he’ll go for runs).

5 minutes ago, asterix said:

My team

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Rahane

Pant/Mayank

Saha

Ashwin/Kuldeep

Saini

Bhumrah

Siraj

Natrajan

The key is to surprise Aussies with Natrajan. He could pick wickets if ball swings. He needs to open bowling with Bhumrah. If Rahane brings him late (say in 30th over then he’ll go for runs).

basically all the somewhat fit people remaining apart from Thakur  :nice:

Edited by maniac
3 minutes ago, asterix said:

My team

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Rahane

Pant/Mayank

Saha

Ashwin/Kuldeep

Saini

Bhumrah

Siraj

Natrajan

That is a very very long tail

7 hours ago, G_B_ said:

The Gabba will be more pace friendly than spin based on history of last 5 tests there. It will also be on the flatter side with something in it for the pacers. Exactly how the Aussies like it. Good fast bowling is rewarded.

With Jadeja out I think he needs to be replaced by a pacer. I feel that we can trust Ashwin with the bat at the Gabba. So of the remaining options I will pick Natrajan over Thakur and ask him to bowl wicket to wicket and build pressure. Saini can be spray gun so I dont think India can carry both Thakur and Saini. I feel it will be a mistake to not have 5 bowlers at the Gabba. 

Re Pant and Vihari. If Pant cannot keep then you have no option but to call in Saha as the keeper. If Vihari is fit then this means going with 4 bowlers. Pant cannot be dropped and should play as a batsman. Vihari has a hamstring niggle. Not sure if there is enough time for him to recover. 

My Team

Sharma

Shaw

Pujara

Rahane

Pant/ Saha (if pant injured Saha)

Vihari/Agarwal

Ashwin

Natrajan/Saha (if pant players as a batsman, Natrajan if Pant players as a batsman and keeper)

Saini

Bumrah

Siraj

Shaw in place of Gill??

16 minutes ago, KiraReturns23 said:

That is a very very long tail

Ok how about this?

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Rahane

Mayank

Pant

Saha

Ashwin/Kuldeep

Natrajan/Saini

Bhumrah

Siraj

I want Natrajan to play. For varsity in pace bowling, can swing the ball in to right hand batsmen or away at angle.

Wont miss Saini...

Sala kisko le jab koi bacha hi nahi !

Out of the remaining lot ,I'd go with :

rohit 

gill

chepu 

rahane

pant

mayank

ashwin

saini

kuly 

Siraj

bumrah 

I think Saini and Kuly gives an Okayish option at #8,9 but got to say that's a long tail ,cant do anything though .

I'd rather play a 5th bowler who can bat a hit like kuly or thakur instead of saha