This will never, ever happen. But eff the Ozzies and kick them out of IPL

1 minute ago, maniac said:

I would have Steve Smith over Kedar Jadhav and (forgive me lord) Rayudu and Thala himself in my T20 team any day.

He blocks overseas spots and comes at high cost so not really worth unless you can get him for cheap. The players you are comparing with are all Indians.

6 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Won't mind csk buying him actually along with finch & maxwell. That would help :mi: 

Winners have to be gracious especially who have won the title 5 times. I don't see that from many :mi: fans these days :rolleyes: You still want :csk: to suffer. Must be some epic pwnage dished out by csk to mi in the early part of the rivalry for you to be so bitter. certainly that 2010 final when aila was captain when he was unable to beat thala's team and that 2012 knockout :--D take a chill pill man. chote cant lead machan. accept it. that will bring some closure to being his fan for this long. @velu @Rasgulla

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

I would have Steve Smith over Kedar Jadhav and (forgive me lord) Rayudu and Thala himself in my T20 team any day.

smith of today is useless in any t20. this ipl and the recently concluded india series says tht much. I would even say his innings contributed to us winning the series

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

It was Dean jones. even in this video after all these years, he uses the word "critters" to describe fast bowlers. that may well be interpreted as racism considering it was a black West indian he was describing.

I'm all for taking pride and showing no fear in facing Viv Richards but they have to behave in a global stage where you have more than just Aussies. Currently about 10 test playing countries are playing and they can't just say "this is how we are and we are not willing to change it as its part of our culture". That tells other cultures that Aussies are an arrogant pieces of shite and racist bogans. Many educated aussies have come to hate this blokey culture and calling them for what they are.

But then that will make cricket look incredibly boring. Even the fiercest of India vs Pakistan games involved a lot of messy conflicts which made it entertaining.

Okay, if fans don't like Aussies being boorish, they will get to watch a sanitized brand of cricket where Aussie bowlers will be bowling at 120 kph and everyone is too nice/gentlemanly to everyone, no intent to play flamboyant cricket.

53 minutes ago, MechEng said:

In before people cite West Indies being gentlemanly.

Sure they never sledged, but they were far from being nice, ask Bishen Singh Bedi.

They won't make personal remarks but will be eager to fatally harm your tailenders to win a game, no moral compass here.

But they'd bring jerk chicken and rum to feed you dinner in the hospital.

No Issues with aggressive bowling or sledging, it just makes the game more interesting. But antics like throwing the ball on an injured batsman (Vihari) crosses the line, Vihari demeanor prevented further escalation. I can easily see an on-field fight break out if it was someone like Yuvi.

IPL is just fun, where we can forget all rivalries & cheer for our rivals. Lets not mess that up.

Edited by IndianRenegade
10 hours ago, MechEng said:

But then that will make cricket look incredibly boring. Even the fiercest of India vs Pakistan games involved a lot of messy conflicts which made it entertaining.

Okay, if fans don't like Aussies being boorish, they will get to watch a sanitized brand of cricket where Aussie bowlers will be bowling at 120 kph and everyone is too nice/gentlemanly to everyone, no intent to play flamboyant cricket.

Agree on your point as long as racial and personal boundaries are not being crossed. I don't mind the mind games played by Paine and co yesterday especially when it was Paine who looked stupid after the exchange with Ashwin and dropped a catch and the match later on :phehe: pakistan in the 80s and 90s crossed the said boundaries and those players really hated Indians not just on field rivals being off field friends. Don't let Sunnyji and Imran Khan fool you into thinking hatred was not involved. You saw when the pakistanis were not picked in ipl 2009, sohal tanvir with his hindu zainiyat comment displayed the usual deep seated hatred from them towards Indians and Hindus.

10 hours ago, MechEng said:

In before people cite West Indies being gentlemanly.

Sure they never sledged, but they were far from being nice, ask Bishen Singh Bedi.

They won't make personal remarks but will be eager to fatally harm your tailenders to win a game, no moral compass here.

Exactly !

I don't mind bouncers at tailenders these days because the helmets and protective gears are very good and they won't be harmed permanently.

But in the 1970s and 1980s and earlier ... with poor protective gear ...trying to hurt tailenders who were not equipped to bat ... was as mean and petty as it gets.