Brace yourself for a drubbing at the Gabba

maniac

11 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Murli Vijay scored a ton in 2014 in Gabba..  We lost the game though.  Kohli failed in that game in otherwise a tour played on pattas. 

I think Rohit will like the extra bounce & if he survives first few overs he'll score a ton as well. 

in that game Rohit was beaten in pace by johnson 

30 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

have a feeling rahane will produce something like this 

Even Vijay scored 144 in 2014, something special about that number.

Hope Gill/Rohit emulate this...man Vijay was a gun opener in 2013-16 period, can't understand his sudden decline after that. 

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Hope Gill/Rohit emulate this...man Vijay was a gun opener in 2013-16 period, can't understand his sudden decline after that. 

Hopefully but merko dono ka doubt hai 

Rohit ka seam swing ka panga 

Gill is still young so learing to convert big 

It has to be one among pujara n rahane, have a feeling it will be rahane. 

What a player vijay was at his best, sadly didnt last long. Had a damn good game for an opener

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

in that game Rohit was beaten in pace by johnson 

Its a one off probably otherwise I have never seen rohit troubled by pace. 

Also I think if we have to play Mayank or Shaw due to lack of resources, Rohit should be at 5-6 where he can play with the tail and go into Rozilla mode.

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Rohit should be at 5-6 where he can play with the tail and go into Rozilla mode.

why do many Mumbai batsmen look to hide in MO in tests (not sure if Rohit wants to do that here but based on what you posted) and open in ODIs?

Edited by zen
23 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Age caught up I think..  Vijay was getting troubled by unknown Afghan pacers as well in that Afg test.  I knew then he'd struggle in England & that series sealed his fate. 

1 minute ago, zen said:

why do many Mumbai batsmen look to hide in MO in tests (not sure if Rohit wants to do that but here but based on what you posted) and open in ODIs?

it’s not about Mumbai or Chennai, Mayank and Shaw have never played middle order. Shaw even more as right from junior cricket he has been an opener from what I have seen.

Rohit has that middle order game and also those extra gears playing against old ball or 2nd new ball. No hiding here he has been a trooper doing what the team is asking him of.

Some batsman like Pujara should not be touched because they are great in one kind of role and setting which makes them invaluable but Ro is an X factor cricketer.

44 minutes ago, maniac said:

Also I think if we have to play Mayank or Shaw due to lack of resources, Rohit should be at 5-6 where he can play with the tail and go into Rozilla mode.

Nope he shud open , if he wants to be an open he has to open everywhere . Mayank or shaw whoever comes in will eventually be dropped in next test series 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Nope he shud open , if he wants to be an open he has to open everywhere . Mayank or shaw whoever comes in will eventually be dropped in next test series 

Mayank shouldn’t be dropped after one poor series though or 2 if you include Nzl. It’s unfair.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Mayank shouldn’t be dropped after one poor series though or 2 if you include Nzl. It’s unfair.

He n shaw have developed big chinks in their game. If they go back in home international games n make runs problems will be brushed under the carpet. Mayank neways acc to news is injured. Actually even in Wi mayank didnt do well . They shud be told to work on thei issues or else anderson n broad will expose it like none . One will remain in squad as 3rd opener in future most probably mayank but dont think sitting on bench will help them 

11 hours ago, maniac said:

I want to see Shaw and Pant bat together.

Time for the ShawPant Redemption:yess:

If we win, which is a big if, I think Rohit will be key to winning us this game.

Tailunt, Pant, Gill on offence, Rahane and Pujari the defence. 

But if tailunt at the start can fire, well, that's the dream.

I don't have  much hopes from Shaw or Mayank if they play.  Too many technical deficiencies, too soon to iron them out.  Though management may be thinking of using them in the middle order.

28 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

If we win, which is a big if, I think Rohit will be key to winning us this game.

Tailunt, Pant, Gill on offence, Rahane and Pujari the defence. 

But if tailunt at the start can fire, well, that's the dream.

I don't have  much hopes from Shaw or Mayank if they play.  Too many technical deficiencies, too soon to iron them out.  Though management may be thinking of using them in the middle order.

Between Shaw & Mayank , maybe Mayank is more suited to middle order role for his ability to play spin ... and ofcourse Mayank is a better fielder & catcher than Shaw

i think we need to let the Aussies bat if it comes to that...and not make the first move.
Playing it safe is the best bet to start with, and take it from there..This will frustrate them more than anything else.
I expect Pujara and Rahane to do what they are capable off and play the Holding role..This is the end of the series, and the Aussies look more jaded than the Indians for a change(Injuries not withstanding)