revival of Sreesanth

Texy

13 hours ago, afan said:

Well past his prime isnt he?..The best that he can do is sort of revive his image and try not to end this return on a bitter note.
I dont think he has the temperament of mentoring players either, as he is the sort of bloke who likes the limelight and maybe reluctant to work behind the scenes

As they say, that Talent is over rated while it is the Discipline that actually helps you succeed 

Not exactly. Many Kerala players look upto him and the likes of Samson and Thampi has spoken about how Sreesanth has helped/mentored them in their careers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/ipl-2018-when-i-feel-low-i-go-to-sreesanth-for-advice-says-basil-thampi/story-WHM1Apo4dGc7IpNOIN2eoI_amp.html

And talent sometimes can overcome lack of discipline. Shane Warne is one example from cricket. Sreesanth’s antics are just child’s play compared to someone like Dennis Rodman who has freaking five NBA championships.

Contrary to the popular belief, I don’t think Sreesanth was talented enough to survive long and he was dropped because he bowled poorly rather than his antics.

Hope he can guide young Kerala cricketers to a domestic trophy.

23 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

Not exactly. Many Kerala players look upto him and the likes of Samson and Thampi has spoken about how Sreesanth has helped/mentored them in their careers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/ipl-2018-when-i-feel-low-i-go-to-sreesanth-for-advice-says-basil-thampi/story-WHM1Apo4dGc7IpNOIN2eoI_amp.html

And talent sometimes can overcome lack of discipline. Shane Warne is one example from cricket. Sreesanth’s antics are just child’s play compared to someone like Dennis Rodman who has freaking five NBA championships.

Contrary to the popular belief, I don’t think Sreesanth was talented enough to survive long and he was dropped because he bowled poorly rather than his antics.

Hope he can guide young Kerala cricketers to a domestic trophy.

Who said Shane Warne was not disciplined.He was very hard worker who bowled for hours perfecting his craft.Did he enjoy his life outside the field yes, he did but it does not mean he was not hard worker.Sreesanth had rare gift of speed with a great outswinger and he had enough speed. He would have done lot better if he had ability to control his emotions not his antics. 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Who said Shane Warne was not disciplined.He was very hard worker who bowled for hours perfecting his craft.Did he enjoy his life outside the field yes, he did but it does not mean he was not hard worker.Sreesanth had rare gift of speed with a great outswinger and he had enough speed. He would have done lot better if he had ability to control his emotions not his antics. 

Warney was overweight all his career, drank too much and smoked, had PEDs and then blamed it on his poor mother and even was alleged for sharing information about pitch and weather to a bookie. Not to mention his constant conflict with his captain.

Other than his sledging and over-the-top antics, was Sreesanth ever reported for any indiscipline or for not practicing hard enough? I don’t remember anything. And he had pace but couldn’t sustain it for longer time just like many of our pacers in that era. I still remember him struggling hard to bowl fast in England series and then bowling a beemer and two foot no ball out of frustration. He was just not good enough with or without antics and was dropped for that.