zen

A test of courage down under 2021 | Aus v Ind at Gabba

21 minutes ago, neel roy said:

How the f did we lose in 78 by 16 runs. Gosh I thought our closest loss was against pak in chennai

yeah lol similiar to sachin in chennai, sunny have a 4th innings century in that match.. we would have won the series 3-2 had they chased it down. It took 40 yrs after that to win a series in aus

http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Matches/MatchScorecard.asp?MatchCode=0809

If TM plays both Boom and Ash as part of 4 man bowling unit and we lose them in 1st session, heads must roll starting with Shastri. Literally can't think of anything more stupid than that.

Anyway excluding Kuldeep means they aren't serious about winning the match or pushing Aus close, such defensive mindset almost never goes unpunished against a side like Aus at home. 

Aussies are amazing at Gabba but i want few things to go our way -

1. We win toss, bat first, put 350 on board - Gill and Pant with centuries. Bat for at least 120 overs. I'll be happy if Pujara sleeps on the wicket to make this happen.

2. Don't risk Ashwin and Bumrah. We have more important series against England coming up. I have full confidence that the remaining bowlers can put pressure if we score decent amount runs.

2. For god's sake, please don't drop catches. Slips will be in business throughout. Practice enough and catch them all.

3 hours ago, Norman said:

Bro...Slightly off topic but what happened to your "Aussies will let Kohli have his baby shower gift at Adelaide letting India win the game and then things going back to normal with us getting thrashed 3-1" :phehe:

They knew I was onto them, so that "run out" happened and then 36 all out. Script is very fluid. Can change to not get into trouble.

Considering injuries, can try the below:

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Pant

Rahane 

Saha

Sundar -can bat and bowl decently (other option is Shaw, but can be a walking wkt. Not sure on Agarwal’s fitness) 

Kuldeep

Saini

Siraj

Natarajan/Thakur 

Edited by zen
43 minutes ago, Norman said:

This will be the team tomorrow. You read it here first.

Gill
Rohit
Pujara
Shaw
Rahane
Pant
Ashwin
Shardul
Kuldeep
Saini
Siraj

Thank me later.

Mostly likely yes. But I like @express bowling's team. Saha will add balance with his better keeping and can guide the lower half as he did in the practice game. Kuldeep is must to surprise Aussies. If He can do the job half of what Bumrah does, we are golden.