One overlooked impact of Tendulkar on Indian cricket

maniac

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Baichung Bhutia inspired more Indian kids to take up football than what CR7 managed in Portugal, or Messi in Argentina.

Time to open a thread about GOAT Bhutia :drool:

inspiring 20-30 North east kids with no prospects (with all due respect) while admirable is not comparable to this.

Sachin did the impossible that is change mindset of the Indian parents especially the middle class ones :hatsoff:

Now that’s a different level of legit 

Edited by maniac

Sachin also assembled with his rival turned snake oil salesman Mcgrath to beg and scam Indians on Sony tv to contribute to his pink cause for poor Aussies. you know the middle class people who live in a third world country to help out the breat cancer surviors in a first world country. What a bunch of frauds who live in million dollar houses begging ordinary joe to shell out his rainy day fund to some cause. Why dont these rich people do it with their own money

"Was wonderful meeting Glenn McGrath after long" - Sachin ...

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Sachin also assembled with his rival turned snake oil salesman Mcgrath to beg and scam Indians on Sony tv to contribute to his pink cause for poor Aussies. you know the middle class people who live in a third world country to help out the breat cancer surviors in a first world country. What a bunch of frauds who live in million dollar houses begging ordinary joe to shell out his rainy day fund to some cause. Why dont these rich people do it with their own money

"Was wonderful meeting Glenn McGrath after long" - Sachin ...

this thread is about Sachin’s impact on Indian society and cricket in a good way. He has been a positive influencer with his behavior on field. You can nitpick a 100 things he does in personal life, why does it matter in the context of this thread anyways?

You probably make a lot more money than you need too after taking care of you basic needs, how much % do you give to charity? Should you be judged on it too?

Just now, zen said:

The idea of Sachin fanboyism is one of the biggest frauds in my book .... many times in Ind, I have seen MoM given to Sachin when there were more deserving candidates (robbing them of such awards) 

Some of these fanboys even raised hell on Sharapova’s Twitter account, ... 

nature can be beautiful and have an ugly side too.  I am sure Jesus and Md (PBUH) or Krishna didn’t ask people to kill for no reason. Some of their followers may be extremists (in some cases more than the others) but doesn’t make them bad people, they are still some of the greatest influencers ever.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

this thread is about Sachin’s impact on Indian society and cricket in a good way. He has been a positive influencer with his behavior on field. You can nitpick a 100 things he does in personal life, why does it matter in the context of this thread anyways?

You probably make a lot more money than you need too after taking care of you basic needs, how much % do you give to charity? Should you be judged on it too?

how about 20% or more. doesnt tax comes under charity. Isn;t it the govt's role to use tax money to feed the homeless. The celebrities are doing this as a PR manouvre. They may give money here and there but they also save it on taxes by the use of accountants who work for them. They also start up their own business and show expenses. Don't give me this BS and stop putting these overpaid sportstars on the pedestal

Just now, maniac said:

nature can be beautiful and have an ugly side too.  I am sure Jesus and Md (PBUH) or Krishna didn’t ask people to kill for no reason. Some of their followers may be extremists (in some cases more than the others) but doesn’t make them bad people, they are still some of the greatest influencers ever.

Those in public domain can be influencers in his own way ... there is nothing extraordinary about Sachin ;as already mentioned the same stuff can be written about many (listed a few already) 

11 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

how about 20% or more. doesnt tax comes under charity. Isn;t it the govt's role to use tax money to feed the homeless. The celebrities are doing this as a PR manouvre. They may give money here and there but they also save it on taxes by the use of accountants who work for them. They also start up their own business and show expenses. Don't give me this BS and stop putting these overpaid sportstars on the pedestal

lolwut? I thought responsibility is the word associated with paying taxes.

I agree with @maniacbabu. I grew in similar times, I played at college level, but can never imagine choosing a career in cricket.  My middle-class parents were of the generation - "Keloge koodoge to banoge kharab" types. After the 90s and cable TV spread across all middle-class households, that mentality of career in sports became more popular. My younger cousins, were sent  Brijesh patel coaching camps and what have you. I am sure Dhoni would have inspired a lot of 2-tier town folk to pick up cricket.  Young people can make fun of it, but it was reality for us, following a team that used to lose a lot in the 80s. One kapil Dev inspired a lot of teens like SRT, etc. 

I'd rather make up my own opinion, than some monkey with a keyboard crunching numbers from statsguru. I believe the cricketing greats who eulogize him than some trolls on MBs.

Edited by coffee_rules
2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I agree with @maniacbabu. I grew in similar times, I played at college level, but can never imagine choosing a career in cricket.  My middle-class parents were of the generation - "Keloge koodoge to banoge kharab" types. After the 90s and cable TV spread across all middle-class households, that mentality of career in sports became more popular. My younger cousins, were sent  Brijesh patel coaching camps and what have you. I am sure Dhoni would have inspired a lot of 2-tier town folk to pick up cricket.  Young people can make fun of it, but it was reality for us, following a team that used to lose a lot in the 80s. One kapil Dev inspired a lot of teens like SRT, etc. 

I'd rather make up my own opinion, than some monkey with a keyboard crunching numbers from statsguru. I believe the cricketing greats who eulogize him than some trolls on MBs.

Are they still playing? They have a good shot at :kp: contract