How is Kuldeep not among top 10 test bowlers in India?

12 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

My opinion is that TM doesnt want Kuldeep to be exposed to another freak injury that keeps happening in this cursed tour and preserve him for the Eng series at home. Also we don't know when Ashwin and Jadeja will make it back. So Kuldeep may end up being the no.1 spinner in the first test. Chennai is naturally a spinning wicket. We should have at the very least have 2 good spinners. I guess nadeem can be that spinner with sundar being the 3rd option if we want to play 3 spnners.

I'll never play Sundar if third spinner is needed.My pick is Jayant Yadav or Jalaj Saxena. Or if leg spinner is preferred, then it is Rahul chahar.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

If he isn't among 12 best (BK, Nadeem also ahead of him) why even take him in the squad? This is torture. 

Absolutely. If there is an issue with his attitude, let them say it publicly. And if he's so under confident then what exactly was he doing in the WC? What has he been doing in the test squad for all these years.

Remember how they had tried to destroy Pant by leaking through their pet media channels how he was arrogant and was not focussed. I see a similar pattern.

Kuldeep's first class record is not very impressive and he does not have the striking ability or the accuracy in this format . Seems to have lost it in white ball cricket too fir that matter. 

In recent years, we have seen the finger spinners have been far more useful while looking to provide control and I think TM are justified in not playing him. 

Edited by Nikhil_cric

Good for home conditions when they suit him, mentally weak player otherwise. TM has done good to remove players who are not up for a fight like saha, kuldeep. Aggression is not just about attack but mindset. Pujara at least is determined in his approach. Also Kuli can't bat despite his 1 FC ton, he is too weak and is controlled easily. Sundar has no fear like Jaddu, Ashwin, Axar -  I am just talking about mental strength here nothing else not skills. Look how Sundar always bowls his way and when he bats he is not scared to attack or block. Thakur for all his limitations and Nataraj are also up for fight.