Nidhi Razdan's Harvard stint

urbestfriend

11 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

What if Megyn Kelly claimed that she was quitting her job because she got a tenured professor position at Ind Instt of Mass Comm, New Delhi?       

Why would Megyn move to New Delhi? She probably has more $$ than Pranoy Roy :cantstop:

2 hours ago, urbestfriend said:

Agreed.  They do have a journalism program through their Extension school.

https://www.extension.harvard.edu/academics/graduate-degrees/journalism-degree

If proven correct, I backtrack on my accusation that Nidhi Razdan lied and is covering up.  I feel we should give her the benefit of the doubt that she was taken for a long ride (regardless of how we feel about her politics).  Goes to show we must all be wary of online scams.  

The thing is that a quick scan of the Harvard Extension faculty profiles clearly shows that none very few (I counted like 4 out of 100s) of them are listed as Associate professors or Professors (that I was able to find).  Clearly they are almost all teaching a single course or 2 on extension as part-time faculty.  It is clear to me of course because I am in the system.  I think it is a lack of understanding of how titles work in the univ system here also added to her misunderstanding.   

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

https://www.opindia.com/2021/01/nidhi-razdan-blog-explaining-harvard-fiasco-and-what-still-does-not-make-sense/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

a lot of answers and more questions too. Apparently she was interviewed, but an offer letter is subjected to conditions like visa requirements etc. you can’t go around giving interviews as Associate professor and give such details like this. Listen to her audio

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Another thing is why would Harvard or even the extension approach anybody on their own to offer a “associate Professor’ role on their own, unless you apply? 

I don’t want to click NDTV links to increase ad revenue for them.

Harvard Extension Visiting / Adjunct professor:  It is possible that Harvard Extension contacts prominent people in a field and invites them to be visiting or adjunct faculty.  Then they'd open a req and you'd submit a formal application.  Then they will interview and hire you.  She says she went through all of that.   I have no reason to believe/disbelieve her.  

Harvard Extension Associate Professor?  No, Harvard extension itself does not hire at that level.  People who are listed as Assoc Profs on Harvard Extension are Assoc Profs at Harvard proper or another institution and this would be a part-time gig or summer gig for them.  

Harvard proper:  If you are a rising star academic with extreme gravitas doing cutting edge work (not NR), they may verbally recruit you via some back-channels, and you just go through some formalities.  This will be rare.  

But it is very possible that someone who has not spent a lot of time in US academia does not have a good understanding of the differences among the titles.   

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Thanks for explaining BCA

My guess is that she may not have intentionally cheated, but is so full of herself that she thought she was worthy of a Harvard professorship and got burned.  

I get similar things all the time on my email - like inviting me to give a keynote address at a prestigious international conference.  I just laugh it off, coz I know I don't have that kind of gravitas.  A bit of self-awareness goes a long long way.  

On 1/16/2021 at 12:15 PM, coffee_rules said:

How? Did Smriti pose as a professor of Harvard for 6 months? 

Perhaps this will refresh your memory.

In her 2004 affidavit, Smriti Irani claimed that she was a graduate. She hadn't completed her degree.

In her 2019 affidavit she changed that and claimed that she had finished a year of college.

At 5:15 she claims that she has a degree from Yale. What she received was a certification of participation.

And Smriti Irani was a Union Minister. She misled ( euphemism for lied) the people. Surely her transgression is a lot more harmful to the nation than that of a sell out journalist working in a private capacity.

7 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

In her 2004 affidavit, Smriti Irani claimed that she was a graduate. She hadn't completed her degree.

In her 2019 affidavit she changed that and claimed that she had finished a year of college.

At 5:15 she claims that she has a degree from Yale. What she received was a certification of participation.

And Smriti Irani was a Union Minister. She misled ( euphemism for lied) the people. Surely her transgression is a lot more harmful to the nation than that of a sell out journalist working in a private capacity.

I am not defending Irani here. But, nobody is a sacha in election affidavits. If you go by what they own, every politician will be a farmer, builder, real-estate agent etc. Lying about a degree in the affidavit is least of all those crimes comparitively. She should not have lied about the yale degree. She was debating her creds for being a HR minister, and she made a gaffe. Rightfully, for her speaking out of turn, and causing too many controversial statements, and having too much focus on her, she was removed. How do you compare that to what Nidhi did. For 6 months, she kept covering elections in official capacity of a TV channel as an associate professor in Harvard. What's her credibility now?

Edited by coffee_rules

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I am not defending Irani here. But, nobody is a sacha in election affidavits. If you go by what they own, every politician will be a farmer, builder, real-estate agent etc. Lying about a degree in the affidavit is least of all those crimes comparitively. She should not have lied about the yale degree. She was debating her creds for being a HR minister, and she did a gaffe. Rightfully, for her speaking out of turn, she was removed. How do you compare that to what Nidhi did. For 6 months, she kept covering elections in official capacity of a TV channel as an associate professor in Harvard. What's with her credibility now?

What credibility? Nidhi Razdan the journalist had the reputation of being a thorough researcher. Nidhi Razdan the anchor is a total sell out. No different from Barkha or Arnab. She has not a shred of credibility. In fact, being an anchor in India today means that you are completely biased and parrot the line of the hand that feeds your channel.

Of course she isn't guilt free. But that is between her employer who may have tasked her with more responsibilities looking at the Harvard tag, herself and Harvard institute. Its a lie, but its not the same as lying to the people of India on an election affidavit. There in lies (pun unintended) the difference.

Anyways, my initial comment was more in jest.

On 1/15/2021 at 11:56 PM, maniac said:

Also even if this was some genius con job oceans 11 style, what about the discussions about Visa etc, Also doesn’t she have to send personal info for back ground verifications etc for entry into an organization like Harvard?

So is she saying she sent her passport copies etc to some anonymous person over an anonymous  email ?

In that case identify theft should be a bigger case here instead of fake job offer.

She is making things up which even 10 year old wouldn't do let alone a journalist who all her years tried to expose modi. The kind of justification she is giving now is really embarrassing. What a clown, she should be ashamed of herself and keep quite for sometime ,when you are in **** it's better to not open your mouth.

On 1/20/2021 at 3:53 PM, Mariyam said:

Well Atleast one of them reached Harvard. 

Lessons in Leadership: A Conversation with Indian Cabinet Minister Smriti Irani