What type of shot was that from Rohit Sharma?

That was an atrocious shot.I don't think he is capable of holding himself without having brain fart.He has thrown away two perfectly good starts in last two tests. That is also a reason why he never could get in the test team. Ponting is 100% right, this is how I play is a nonsensical statement

Edited by putrevus

The way everyone else played on the pitch, can we just appreciate the quick fire knock? Sometimes you live and die by the sword but this aggressive approach was heart warming.

I think Ro was going for the jugular. Going for the win. Now time for others to save the game. However if this goes to 4th innings, Ro will go for the kill again. Exciting stuff.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No point in investing time with a guy like Rohit anymore, he will never score big runs away from home.Better off investing on young kid who will grow into his role and will be ready for the start ofnext SENA tours.

just saying the remaining 3 batsmen have not crossed double figures yet on a day he scored 44

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

just saying the remaining 3 batsmen have not crossed double figures yet on a day he scored 44

That is not an achievement, in cricket even when you are set as a batsman and  still unable to kick on and score big runs you should not be in the team. He always stunk away from home but this was his last chance to prove he has matured a bit .

This is second time in row he has thrown away a good start and coupled with his stinkers which will always be there for an opening batsman. What is point of having this 35 year old batsman in the team during home season when we know he will never be good enough to score away from home.

This moron has gall to say this is how I play my cricket.

Edited by putrevus

I actually don’t have a major problem with that shot. This is 33 year old ODI great transitioning to tests for one last time. Honestly if he gives me 40 every innings I will take it. I don’t want him to grind. I want him to play his natural game. 

At this point we have all reconciled that the great talent will not convert into great test career. It is only a question of salvaging what you can. If nothing else, just putting fear in the opposition. 

He is just replacing Sehwag with worse conversion rate. Considering the pathetic batting talent coming out of India. I would take this any day. 

15 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No point in investing time with a guy like Rohit anymore, he will never score big runs away from home.Better off investing on young kid who will grow into his role and will be ready for the start ofnext SENA tours.

shaw needs to improve his technique. Its hard for him to learn on job when every failure brings so much further scrutiny

1 minute ago, Serpico said:

shaw needs to improve his technique. Its hard for him to learn on job when every failure brings so much further scrutiny

Shaw is not the only opening batsman in the country.There are other players who can do the job which Rohit or Shaw have been doing away from home.

We literally have an opening batsman that has been airdropped into Australia with no match practice after injury averaging 40 and the fickle small-minded ICF mob screaming for him to be dropped. Rohit has provided an excellent start to every game, beautiful stroke making. Proper joy to watch.

47 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Have to say I agree here.  Rohit at 34 is never going to be a long term solution.  Better to give home games to Youngsters so that we give them enough exposure when we tour overseas.  Instead we are giving debuts in overseas & expecting it works.  He should never have been brought in the first place.  Gill should've played the home series vs SA & BD. 

Not the first time in the history of cricket a batsman has played a false shot. Move on.

Rohit is not a Pujara, Dravid

He is more of a Lara,Sachin in approach and trust me I have seen Lara and Sachin get out to atrocious shots after looking like a million bucks as well.

I think people have preconceived notions about Rohit. Had he also been injured and we had to open with Washington Sundar or Kuldeep and they got 20 runs on this pitch we would be celebrating. We got a quick fire 44.

move on it happens all the time, a good start provided and let’s hope others build on. Thread has run its course 

It goes both ways, the best players for India have almost always debuted or risen to the occasion against tough opposition away from home! SMG, SRT, Dravid, Kohli come to mind. Treating kids with "kid gloves" in tests doesn't work, take Gill for instance - early days but he's been looking a class part from the rest, he's played some of the best cricket I've seen any debutant play for aeons :bow:

PS or MA will not be long term options if we give them WI, SL, Eng, SA or even Oz to feast upon at home, they have to do well overseas. Better to get it over with, test them, as early as possible!

1 minute ago, R!TTER said:

It goes both ways, the best players for India have almost always debuted or risen to the occasion against tough opposition away from home! SMG, SRT, Dravid, Kohli come to mind. Treating kids with "kid gloves" in tests doesn't work, take Gill for instance - early days but he's been looking a class part from the rest, he's played some of the best cricket I've seen any debutant play for aeons :bow:

PS or MA will not be long term options if we give them WI, SL, Eng, SA or even Oz to feast upon at home, they have to do well overseas. Better to get it over with, test them, as early as possible!

doesnt work that way. International cricket is not a training academy. Any one comes in is automatically supposed to perform at the highest level. Sure you have a relatively  higher  tolerance for the new guy. However we can’t be hypocrites about ah cho chweet Gill got a 7 and look at that Rohit, got only 44 should have got 444.