There is something about Washi

maniac

2 hours ago, maniac said:

he comes from a T20 background like TNPL and also hit some blows in IPL. Not very consistent yet but still has a better shape and follow through than someone like Dube.

He has the shots, just needs to learn shot selection when playing attacking cricket and also obviously improve it enough to use them against high standard bowling.

He is one of those guys who is improving with every series.

He came from proper age group cricket. Played u-19 wc, like ashwin he was an opener in age group cricket which is why both have sound technique. 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He came from proper age group cricket. Played u-19 wc, like ashwin he was an opener in age group cricket which is why both have sound technique. 

yes, I was talking about his hitting abilities. Foundational wise  solid but just needs to

improve against quality bowling and develop

consistency.

I am sure he has enough talent to bash bowlers in SMA

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

yes, I was talking about his hitting abilities. Foundational wise  solid but just needs to

improve against quality bowling and develop

consistency.

I am sure he has enough talent to bash bowlers in SMA

depends how u use him in t20, Jaddu Sundar is always better used when they bat up .

Many here have been pointing it out how RCB shud use him like narine

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

why has he never been picked for ODIs when we have desperately been are looking for all rounders?

That's one of the big questions thrown up by this series.  Not only with him but the other newbies who have performed well. How come their talent has not been recognized earlier and supported? But for the injuries and Covid vagaries, they would not have got a chance at this opportune time. In a vast nation like India, there are likely many such talents who fall by the wayside.

6 hours ago, maniac said:

I have rated Washington since I saw him in IPL a few years ago because of this quality of being calm and assured almost saint like in any situation. 

This kid looks so assured while doing anything except catching which needs to improve.

There is some swag, there is a calmness and there is a certain presence he has.

He was brushing off body line blows like nothing and just kept going about his business.

I have seen his calmness even in T20 with the ball when someone gets hold of him. Always seems to have a comeback or a fight in him.

I still don’t know which field (batting or bowling) Sundar will end up doing well in his career yet but there is something about him.

Going to be a crucial member in the Indian squads going forward.

Charansparsh..

I have similar opinion about him.