Indian team selection for first 2 test vs England series

test fan

Time to add KS Bharat to the squad. May not get a game for a while but sharing dressing room with our stars, keeping to Bumrah, Ash, Jaddu/Shami (both should be available 3rd test onwards as per reports) in the practice sessions, spending time with Super Saha will have great benefits. 

Edited by Gollum
2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Bio bubble 

They did not follow that in Australia I doubts our players will follow that here 

1 minute ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

Because we still don’t know if some of the regulars will recover quickly, and they’re announcing the squad tomorrow

Select player who are fit to play as on today no need to go any injured player with a hope that they will get fit later I think in India two pacers are more than enough so Ishant siraj can get selected automatically (Bumrah should be rested ) and in spinners we have Kuldeep, ashwin and Sundar that is enough I feel 

Unless Pujara and Rahane do anything extraordinary tomorrow, since these tests are in India I will like to get Mayank open with Rohit and Gill play at 3. There is no point in playing both Pujara and Rahane in Indian pitches given that Mayank and Gill probably are the two best players of spin currently in our squad.

Bowling wise Ashwin can be given rest for first two tests if needed with Sundar, Kuldeep and a Left arm bowler. We can play all three or any two depending on ground conditions.

Should keep Siraj in the mix even if Ishant and Umesh returns. Wont mind Bumrah getting a break as he will be playing a lot later this year with T20 WC coming up. It also gives a chance to Siraj establish himself on the back of this good performance with Engalnd series coming up later.

Playng 11

Rohit 

Mayank 

Gill 

Kohli 

Rahane 

Pant (wk)

Sundar 

Kuldeep 

Ishant 

Umesh 

Siraj 

6 proper batsman with Sundar being no mug at 7 and Kuldeep and Ishant know how to hold the bat. Umesh and Siraj are both similar but good thing is they don't defend , if a ball comes they know how to hit it.

Remaining Squad 

Pujara 

Vihari 

KL

Saha (wk)

Spinner (Left arm orthodox) 

Shardul Thakur /Saini

Bhubaneswar Kumar

@express bowling Have a bad feeling they will pick Bhuvi as well. Kohli will be back so expect most of the youngsters to go back to being bench warmers. Dhawan should fancy his chances as Shaw will be dropped. Vihari's replacement could be Kedar for his ability to bowl spin.

I am expecting this squad:

Batsmen: Rohit, Dhawan, Gill, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Kedar

Keeper: Saha, Pant (on bench)

All rounders: Sundar, Shardul

Spinners: Ashwin, Nadeem and Jayant

Seamers: Bumrah, Ishant,  Bhuvi and Siraj (as 4th pacer)

21 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

@express bowling Have a bad feeling they will pick Bhuvi as well. Kohli will be back so expect most of the youngsters to go back to being bench warmers. Dhawan should fancy his chances as Shaw will be dropped. Vihari's replacement could be Kedar for his ability to bowl spin.

I am expecting this squad:

Batsmen: Rohit, Dhawan, Gill, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Kedar

Keeper: Saha, Pant (on bench)

All rounders: Sundar, Shardul

Spinners: Ashwin, Nadeem and Jayant

Seamers: Bumrah, Ishant,  Bhuvi and Siraj (as 4th pacer)

Dhawan and Bhuvi are definite possibilities.

Dhawan if Rahul is not fit.

And Dhawan may mean Gill being dropped if he has 2 bad matches.

I really hope that Rahul is fit 

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, Gollum said:

That's all right, they can do that a day or two after day 5, no? And why this public announcement?

Imagine you have an important exam tomorrow morning and selection merit list based on some other exam is also scheduled to be released tomorrow afternoon/evening. All I am saying is this move is unnecessary, let players forget all else and just focus on the day's play, last day of this gruelling tour. Such announcements may not affect regulars like Rahane, Pujara, Rohit but 50:50 cases like Thakur, Sundar, Saini may have their own worries. 

All valid points.

My guess is BCCI would have scheduled this meeting sometime back assuming the tour will get over by day 5 of the last test! 

Also, who will attend this meeting - Virat or Rahane? The new selection committee should get Rahane in, just to spite Kohli. I am already dreading as I see the youngsters being benched under Kohli :(( Can BCCI not extend his paternity leave by another two.months?

For me...

Gill

Rohit

Pujara

Kohli 

Rahane

Pant

Ashwin

Sunder 

Thakur

Siraj

Bumrah if injured or not 100% ishant.

5 bowlers.....bat deep..2 spinners. Jaddu to replace one of thakur or sunder.

A lot of people like ashwin and bumrah will be back from injuries. So i feel you need 5 bowlers incase somebody breaks down during the match.