India-Pakistan clash in doubt as BCCI likely to pull out of Asia Cup 2021: Report

Send a young team, will be helpful to have two Indian teams playing simultaneously in the future. Will improve our bench strength and as we saw in this Aus tour, bench strength is everything. ATG Aus, WI had the ability to field 2 top teams during their peak years.

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Send a young team, will be helpful to have two Indian teams playing simultaneously in the future. Will improve our bench strength and as we saw in this Aus tour, bench strength is everything. ATG Aus, WI had the ability to field 2 top teams during their peak years.

PCB has totally destroyed the little chances it had of repairing its relations with BCCI. I would much rather us play an A team series than to give anything to PCB (which they will get from ACC if the tournament goes ahead).

Two international teams from same country playing simultaneously is not going to happen in the near future.

For that to happen, ODI or T20 cricket should become a different sporting code altogether with a different governing body... like Rugby League and Union.

On 1/19/2021 at 6:26 AM, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

India's problem is choking in knockouts. They didn't even reach the knockouts of Asia Cup 2014 for him to choke.

Yeah Tendulkars 100th 100 made it difficult .. oops sorry that was 2012!!2014 was afridi versus Ashwin 

Edited by neel roy
3 hours ago, Norman said:

Two international teams from same country playing simultaneously is not going to happen in the near future.

For that to happen, ODI or T20 cricket should become a different sporting code altogether with a different governing body... like Rugby League and Union.

Australia is looking to do that..  They did that once when they toured India & played a T20 series at home vs SL. 

They will again do that if SA series goes ahead in Feb & field a T20 squad vs NZ in NZ at the same time.  Finch said that few days ago. 

It's not far fetched as you think.  We anyways don't need Kohli Rohit in our T20 line up.  Enough quality to wipe the floor with rest of Asian sides.  Bumrah Shami anyways don't play much T20Is. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

PCB has totally destroyed the little chances it had of repairing its relations with BCCI. I would much rather us play an A team series than to give anything to PCB (which they will get from ACC if the tournament goes ahead).

Actually the genesis was ICC Vote. India got Aus Eng Nz South Africa supporting them for the new icc chairman. I think against was pak and lanka. India has now screwed them by refusing to play..

I see some people take yesterday's win to their heads. Talk of sending a second string team to asia cup is an arrogant attitude and we should never entertain those thoughts. If Bcci ever does, karma will come back to bite us in the ass. We did this in 1998 and spoilt our winning rhythm. That year was great due to aila scoring heavily then all of a sudden this happens. Sending a team with half first xi half second string to Sahara cup against Pak and another of the same combo to play in commonwealth games and we lost both horribly. It spoiled our future success after that. I would rather postpone the series or withdraw from the series. i don't think anybody is waiting to watch pak and sl battle it out. A proper asia cup should have Ind, Pak, SL, Ban, Afg

8 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I see some people take yesterday's win to their heads. Talk of sending a second string team to asia cup is an arrogant attitude and we should never entertain those thoughts. If Bcci ever does, karma will come back to bite us in the ass. We did this in 1998 and spoilt our winning rhythm. That year was great due to aila scoring heavily then all of a sudden this happens. Sending a team with half first xi half second string to Sahara cup against Pak and another of the same combo to play in commonwealth games and we lost both horribly. It spoiled our future success after that. I would rather postpone the series or withdraw from the series. i don't think anybody is waiting to watch pak and sl battle it out. A proper asia cup should have Ind, Pak, SL, Ban, Afg

Like I have said - Success goes into the head of fans really fast. These same fans blame a few players when a bit of success goes in a player’s head. While that is right it does, this is equally true for fans.

Fans can become really cocky. 

23 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

No,it would be rather good if we send a young squad which does not mean we will send some random guys from our domestics,it implied a team lead by Rohit/Rahul comprising Pant,Gill,Prasidh,Nattu,SKY,Samson,Sundar,Shardul etc

Yes there were few posts which looked out of arrogance but it was said all in jest

16 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Like I have said - Success goes into the head of fans really fast. These same fans blame a few players when a bit of success goes in a player’s head. While that is right it does, this is equally true for fans.

Fans can become really cocky. 

20 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

No,it would be rather good if we send a young squad which does not mean we will send some random guys from our domestics,it implied a team lead by Rohit/Rahul comprising Pant,Gill,Prasidh,Nattu,SKY,Samson,Sundar,Shardul etc

Yes there were few posts which looked out of arrogance but it was said all in jest

Gill and Pant have already made the test xi. Sundar and Shardul are competing with Jadeja and Pandya in tests and are considered backup if one of them is injured or not doing well. These players are also in reckoning for the ODIs. Why put them in the Asia cup. If you are playing two teams at the same time, it is arrogance. You are messing the team culture and will spoil both series as was witnessed before in 1998. Also, it is a disrespect to the Asia cup and the test series at that point and disrespect results in disaster. There is pride before the fall. One has to be grounded and not take anything for granted

18 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Gill and Pant have already made the test xi. Sundar and Shardul are competing with Jadeja and Pandya in tests and are considered backup if one of them is injured or not doing well. These players are also in reckoning for the ODIs. Why put them in the Asia cup. If you are playing two teams at the same time, it is arrogance. You are messing the team culture and will spoil both series as was witnessed before in 1998. Also, it is a disrespect to the Asia cup and the test series at that point and disrespect results in disaster. There is pride before the fall. One has to be grounded and not take anything for granted

So are we playing bilaterals at home at the same time?

I didn't read the article,i thought they have asked to push or scrap Asia cup

Ok.

During these times squads are generally 20/20+,will mean having 2 squads of 20 each

8 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

So are we playing bilaterals at home at the same time?

I didn't read the article,i thought they have asked to push or scrap Asia cup

Ok.

During these times squads are generally 20/20+,will mean having 2 squads of 20 each

I'm assuming a test series against NZ which should have been played in 2020 but was cancelled. If we are playing JAMODIs, then I woudl rather us play in the Asia cup

Edited by Real McCoy
22 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I'm assuming a test series against NZ which should have been played in 2020 but was cancelled. If we are playing JAMODIs, then I woudl rather us play in the Asia cup

Jamodis generate more revenue for hosts so BCCI might be trying its level best to recover its losses from 2020