Do we want Kohli back?

Gambit

Fair weather fans? Or seeing only one side of the story? This team has punched far above its weight - no one expected a series win with India B bowling attack. Hats off to Rahane for bowling changes and selections. Rahane had his share of strange tactics - Bringing Jaddu and Saini verry late in 3rd test.  At the start of 4th test, everyone wanted kuldeep in place of Washi or Saini. Each captain goes by what support staff feeds him and of course - instinct. If any of teh picks had failed, no one would be praising Rahane. He has no choices to make the selection except Saini/ Washi vs Kuldeep - rest all were injured. 

Pant played brilliantly under Kohli as well. Gill non selection in Test 1 was a huge mistake.

In balance - Kohli as a batsman, we definitely need. As a captain - he may be a little less than Jinks, but the never say die attitude is his motto that the team showed today. Unpopular opinion, but thats mine. 

Last - lets enjoy this win for at least a month - no negative topics please!!!

Yes we want our best batsman to return. Not sure about the captain though. But what choice do we have. As good as rahane the captain is, rahane the batsman doesn't deserve to be in the team. So its like one guy is a poor captain but a great batsman. Other one is a good captain but has been poor for quite a while.

3 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Haven't you answered this conundrum yourself? Make Rahane the captain - simple as that.

With a small sample set of rahane's captaincy he does look good. But the reall question is for how long can rahane be in the team with mediocre returns that he provides. Surely we can't just pick a player for his captaincy alone. So i believe we are stuck with Kohli for a while.

As long as we're getting above avg results in test/series, we could & probably should've won in SA & Eng - a major part of the loss was simply Brat being in charge. Anyone denying that just doesn't want to face facts. Now granted we could still lose under Rahane in Eng but you know what would be progress? Seeing players like Gill, Thakur emerge with their reputations intact or enhanced - Brat went apeshit with the first hint of adversity he faced & his go to in such cases was to get back to the likes of Dhawan :facepalm:

31 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

As long as we're getting above avg results in test/series, we could & probably should've won in SA & Eng - a major part of the loss was simply Brat being in charge. Anyone denying that just doesn't want to face facts. Now granted we could still lose under Rahane in Eng but you know what would be progress? Seeing players like Gill, Thakur emerge with their reputations intact or enhanced - Brat went apeshit with the first hint of adversity he faced & his go to in such cases was to get back to the likes of Dhawan :facepalm:

This is a very important point. Kohli just does not believe in youngsters so always falls back to Tried and Tested failures. Whereas Rahane has got this attitude of give me whicher team and I will play with them and give a fight.

38 minutes ago, Hell Raiser said:

With a small sample set of rahane's captaincy he does look good. But the reall question is for how long can rahane be in the team with mediocre returns that he provides. Surely we can't just pick a player for his captaincy alone. So i believe we are stuck with Kohli for a while.

Get Ashwin or anyone else to Captain then. It is clear as Daylight that Kohli is a mediocre Captain who also doesn't know to develop players for the future. Then where will we develop future Captains and players from?

1 minute ago, Forever Indian said:

Get Ashwin or anyone else to Captain then. It is clear as Daylight that Kohli is a mediocre Captain who also doesn't know to develop players for the future. Then where will we develop future Captains and players from?

I agree with you. He is not a good captain. But a captain should be someone who is not playing for his spot or doesn't even complete the the series due to injury or fitnees isues. Rahane doesn't have performance to be the captain. Ashwin can be a option but can he even last a full series of 4-5 matches as he always has those back spasms. He has fitness issues in last few years. If he can then for me Ashwin will be a contender for the captaincy ahead of Rahane.