Jump to content
bossbhai2

The Greatest Test Series Win Ever ?

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, goose said:

India wasn't weak either when it arrived in Aus, Kohli's scheduled absence aside. You're zooming out whilst remembering 2001 but zooming in for 2021, understandable but flawed.

But we were severely weakened and lost 9 of our first team players by the time we came to Brisbane.. Why should that not be taken into the equation? That 2001 side was obviously at home and our batting was still considered top notch. That Australia team, great as it was hadn't won in India in over 30 years. And while that Australian team had a better batting lineup, I'll argue the bowling attack of the current Australian team was better rated

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

But we were severely weakened and lost 9 of our first team players by the time we came to Brisbane.. Why should that not be taken into the equation? That 2001 side was obviously at home and our batting was still considered top notch. That Australia team, great as it was hadn't won in India in over 30 years. And while that Australian team had a better batting lineup, I'll argue the bowling attack of the current Australian team was better rated

i didn't say it should be overlooked. it's a massive deal i agree. so is overturning a 275 1st innings deficit and following up with 11 wickets in 2 sessions to win a test, regardless of who was favorite.

Link to comment
30 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

But we were severely weakened and lost 9 of our first team players by the time we came to Brisbane.. Why should that not be taken into the equation? That 2001 side was obviously at home and our batting was still considered top notch. That Australia team, great as it was hadn't won in India in over 30 years. And while that Australian team had a better batting lineup, I'll argue the bowling attack of the current Australian team was better rated

you think Cummins, Hazlewood, Lyon better than Mcgrath, Gillespie, Warne?

Link to comment
15 hours ago, goose said:

India wasn't weak either when it arrived in Aus, Kohli's scheduled absence aside. You're zooming out whilst remembering 2001 but zooming in for 2021, understandable but flawed.

Even at our strongest, we have never been given high odds to win series in Australia. Stronger Indian teams have toured Aus before without winning. Even on this tour, people were predicting 4-0.

Link to comment
58 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Even at our strongest, we have never been given high odds to win series in Australia. Stronger Indian teams have toured Aus before without winning. Even on this tour, people were predicting 4-0.

We were never stronger in bowling though. The current has good fast bowlers and good bench strength. The older teams had one good fast bowler.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...