Jump to content
bossbhai2

The Greatest Test Series Win Ever ?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, PKMKB_PKMKB said:

India's best win was when we kicked out nakli outsider gandhis from the throne in 2014. Since then there has been big improvement in team selection, infrastructure, coaching staff , players councelling, and u19 cricket. This all reflects in Indian team emphatic victory. Many more to come.

 

https://i.imgur.com/gDsi8KW.jpg

 

 

 

spacer.png

Edited by Stuge
Link to post
9 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Wounds of the WC 2019 semi final defeat against Kiwis have healed for now.   I would take our 2 consecutive test series win in Australia over the WC any day.          (If I not wrong, no team in the world has won back to back test series in Australia. )

 

West Indies won 3 series back to back 1984,1988,1992

 

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=2;opposition=2;orderby=start;team=4;template=results;type=team;view=series

 

However those Aussie sides were nowhere near as good as the ones we beat. 

 

 

Link to post
On 1/19/2021 at 3:32 PM, bossbhai2 said:

Hello Everybody been a while since I was here. 

 

Just wanted to say that in my many many decades of following Test Cricket ... I dont think there is a equal to this series given the unique circumstances and scenarios. The ultimate David vs Goliath contest.  Ultimately Indian Cricket team stood out like Rocky Balboa taking blow after blow for an entire month and emerged winner 5 minutes to the whistle !! Epic. 

 

What do you guys think ?

 

 

Welcome Saar :)

 

This match brought me out of my slumber too, the first series I followed after many years since I was introducing my son to the game. And what a first Introduction it was.

 

Let me know if you would like to revive any older databases for your analyses ;-)

Link to post
22 hours ago, varun said:

Welcome Saar :)

 

This match brought me out of my slumber too, the first series I followed after many years since I was introducing my son to the game. And what a first Introduction it was.

 

Let me know if you would like to revive any older databases for your analyses ;-)

 

yo!!! :woot: How are you ?? Hope all is well. damn you have a kid now ... sheesh time flies. !!

 

 

Link to post
On 1/20/2021 at 12:18 AM, coffee_rules said:

 

As  a fan in 2001, the aura of 2001 Hayden-Gilly-Ponting-Waugh-McGrath-Warne was much higher than Smith-Warner-Cummins-Hazlewood-Starc-Lyon now. That 2001 Aussie squad was comparable to 1980s WI Squad of Clive Lloyd. Hence, the higher comparable rating of 2001.

That was at home and we were expected to win. We did poorly was a different thing. That batting unit was at a completely different level.

Link to post
20 hours ago, rkt.india said:

That was at home and we were expected to win. We did poorly was a different thing. That batting unit was at a completely different level.


so what if it is at home, we beat a ATG side, just like how people fawn over 2005 Ashes. This Aus sides of 2018 and 2020 doesn’t have the same aura of 2001. Our side is the weakest and gutsiest of all wins, I agree

Link to post
4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:


so what if it is at home, we beat a ATG side, just like how people fawn over 2005 Ashes. This Aus sides of 2018 and 2020 doesn’t have the same aura of 2001. Our side is the weakest and gutsiest of all wins, I agree

Because at home, we are always expected to win. Any loss at home is always an upset. At home, we are no pushovers or underdogs and that team consisted some of our greatest cricketers. 

Link to post
28 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Because at home, we are always expected to win. Any loss at home is always an upset. At home, we are no pushovers or underdogs and that team consisted some of our greatest cricketers. 

You speak from hindsight. SA had smashed us 2-0 in India just a seaso ago. prior to the 2001 series, there was big talk about Aus ATGness and 15 straight wins and how Waugh called India the last frontier as they had not won in India since 1967. They come and boss around a win , a commanding defeat in Wankhede. They beat us in innings 1 in kolkata , have the courage to enforce follow-on based on their confidence, and the rest is legendary. Just because it happened at home, don’t ignore the rest.  We were never expected to win that series , just like this one. Just because it happened at home, don’t negate the event

Edited by coffee_rules
Link to post
5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You speak from hindsight. SA had smashed us 2-0 in India just a seaso ago. prior to the 2001 series, there was big talk about Aus ATGness and 15 straight wins and how Waugh called India the last frontier as they had not won in India since 1967. They come and boss around a win , a commanding defeat in Wankhede. They beat us in innings 1 in kolkata , have the courage to enforce follow-on based on their confidence, and the rest is legendary. Just because it happened at home, don’t ignore the rest.  We were never expected to win that series , just like this one. Just because it happened at home, don’t negate the event

It's not hindsight.  2001 win became great because we won following on. Otherwise, we weren't a weak team at that time.

Link to post
2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

It's not hindsight.  2001 win became great because we won following on. Otherwise, we weren't a weak team at that time.

India wasn't weak either when it arrived in Aus, Kohli's scheduled absence aside. You're zooming out whilst remembering 2001 but zooming in for 2021, understandable but flawed.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...