Washington Sundar is a clutch player.

Lone Wolf

This guy can solve India's long standing issue of lack of 5th or 6th bowling option in LOIs. I hope TM is intelligent enough to tap his all round abilities. He can be given nonstop run to succeed & if he adapts to middle order role in ODIs especially, Indian lineup will look more rounded. 

Iyer has done well but I think if Virat is smart & farsighted (which he is not unfortunately), he should start in next ODI for India at 4 or 5. If he fails, there are other options available but if he succedes, Indian LOI will be much richer.

Just now, SK_IH said:

This guy can solve India's long standing issue of lack of 5th or 6th bowling option in LOIs. I hope TM is intelligent enough to tap his all round abilities. He can be given nonstop run to succeed & if he adapts to middle order role in ODIs especially, Indian lineup will look more rounded. 

Iyer has done well but I think if Virat is smart & farsighted (which he is not unfortunately), he should start in next ODI for India at 4 or 5. If he fails, there are other options available but if he succedes, Indian LOI will be much richer.

I'm glad you realize Rat is neither. If you were to replace "smart and farsighted" with "stupid, egocentric, insecure, nepotistic, etc..." the picture would be more accurate.

Agree re: Sundar. he has the game for batting in middle order. once pandya starts bowling, I think sundar-pandya-jaddu/axar can be our 6 to 8.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

I'm glad you realize Rat is neither. If you were to replace "smart and farsighted" with "stupid, egocentric, insecure, nepotistic, etc..." the picture would be more accurate.

Agree re: Sundar. he has the game for batting in middle order. once pandya starts bowling, I think sundar-pandya-jaddu/axar can be our 6 to 8.

Ideally Sundar should open for RCB this season. But I expect Virat to under utilize his abilities as always & himself come to open to marvel at Devilliers strokeplay from the other end. 

Just now, SK_IH said:

Ideally Sundar should open for RCB this season. But I expect Virat to under utilize his abilities as always & himself come to open to marvel at Devilliers strokeplay from the other end. 

kohli's only job in RCB these days is to fanboy (or more like fangirl) over ABDV. and of course ABDV returns the favour by serving as rat's hype-man.

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

TF are you blithering about? Any guy who scores a ton would look calm and assured. Like Rahane at MCG. Pujara when he was nonchalantly copping the blows in Sydney and Gabba. Or Kohli in zen mode when he was scoring all those centuries for fun in England and Australia. So what's this breath of fresh air nonsense like we never saw Indian batsmen being authoritative before. It's the *one* thing Indian fans over the years are most used to.

I get it you cannot contain your joy over a tamil bat coming forth, and believe me so am I, but best to keep balance.

Wow that is some f***ed up venting lol  

1 hour ago, DeepSpace said:

Indian team has shown good resiliency in the last few months I have never seen ever in my decades of watching cricket.

His partnership with Thakur against  a top bowling attack on debut with no pressure showed his class Then the chennai test now this one.  

his real contribution to Indian cricket could be as a captain.. he has a cool head on his shoulders and his demeanour, unflustered approach will be of great help in captaining LOI teams..  he should first get the opportunity to lead TN and then an IPL side like Punjab or RR..