Rohit Sharma’s slip catching appreciation thread

maniac

The moment he landed in Australia, even if he was in quarantine, he kept on sending good luck energy to the team. He was alone, but he kept on sending positive energy to the team. After he joined the team, the team got the much needed bounce back attitude. He did his best to provide decent openings, took sharp catches, was agile on field and overall lent the winning aura to the team, being 4 times IPL champion captain..

For just sending positive energy, he should be in the team... Batting, fielding and leadership etc are all bonus...

:agree:

Edited by asterix
3 minutes ago, helperononline said:

Junior players like Gill ,pant and Sundar outscored him today 

Infact entire team except thakur scored more runs that him 

I donno when he will last longer 

he was alright. In an overseas tour, he met minimum expectations for me for an opener.. it was frustrating to watch him throw away good starts thrice in a row but his timing is still intact. maybe this is his time.

right now do we have a better option? mayank and shaw are not giving any confidence to me

12 minutes ago, Serpico said:

he was alright. In an overseas tour, he met minimum expectations for me for an opener.. it was frustrating to watch him throw away good starts thrice in a row but his timing is still intact. maybe this is his time.

right now do we have a better option? mayank and shaw are not giving any confidence to me

Not worth investing in him he is already 33 we need to find new talent

Shaw has some flaws but may be if we give him more chances he might come back strongly

30 minutes ago, helperononline said:

Junior players like Gill ,pant and Sundar outscored him today 

Infact entire team except thakur scored more runs that him 

I donno when he will last longer 

Maybe you’re talking about another batsman named Mayank... looks like you got confused...

4 minutes ago, helperononline said:

Asterix Bhai even mayank scored 9 runs 2 runs more than Rohit 

I know it is difficult to accept after all he is captain of Mumbai Indian 

how much did Mayank score in the first innings or the first test against Rohits performance in the 3rd test?

33 minutes ago, helperononline said:

Not worth investing in him he is already 33 we need to find new talent

Shaw has some flaws but may be if we give him more chances he might come back strongly

there is no investment being made here, bcci has already invested heavily in rohit. Right now they are putting him in the toughest spot and telling him to show the goods.. 

shaw need to work on his flaws in domestics/counties, away from all the attention and scrutiny.. if he plays for india, even one match failure will make him trend on twitter and get trolled.. not good for a kid fixing his game. let him mature in a safe space

7 minutes ago, Serpico said:

there is no investment being made here, bcci has already invested heavily in rohit. Right now they are putting him in the toughest spot and telling him to show the goods.. 

shaw need to work on his flaws in domestics/counties, away from all the attention and scrutiny.. if he plays for india, even one match failure will make him trend on twitter and get trolled.. not good for a kid fixing his game. let him mature in a safe space

Yes for time being it is ok to play Rohit but in long term we will regret it since Pujara,rahane,Rohit and kohli might retire at the same time 

I pray we find one more promising batsman like Gill