You might have forgotten him after this series, but if he works out the chinks in his armor, Prithvi Shaw could be a destructive LOI opener for India

I can understand an experienced & old player like Rohit not being fit. He is 21 yrs old, he is unfit already? Can't run, can't take a catch. He has to work on these  & his batting weakness before he gets another chance. Yes, when he is on song he can be an impactful player, but India also has a lot of talent in the bench who can't be wasted on someone who can't even keep himself fit at 21. 

Edited by IndianRenegade
1 hour ago, IndianRenegade said:

I can understand an experienced & old player like Rohit not being fit. He is 21 yrs old, he is unfit already? Can't run, can't take a catch. He has to work on these  & his batting weakness before he gets another chance. Yes, when he is on song he can be an impactful player, but India also has a lot of talent in the bench who can't be wasted on someone who can't even keep himself fit at 21. 

good point.there are many young openers like Jaiswal and paddikal who are waiting in the wings.

2 hours ago, IndianRenegade said:

Rohit's general fitness is fine. His body language is lazy.

Shaw looks completely out of place during ground fielding. Not sure why.

8 hours ago, RajBan said:

Rohit's general fitness is fine. His body language is lazy.

Shaw looks completely out of place during ground fielding. Not sure why.

How much time it takes  to get fit . Few months  ?.  That should not be a concern as it can easily be achieved.. 

He won't be our good fielder , his aim should be to become safe catcher first . I do not know how good fielder dhawan  or ashwin is ? 

But the batting , stroke making ability , very very few in India among youngsters have it at par with him.  Just like Ashwin in Bowling , an improved Shaw has an important place in Indian team as dashing opener .

Even i trolled Pant looking at him during IPL, and in 2 months he looks much better now.  Shaw should come back to his normal level by  couple of months  if not he is already there .

May be he thought a place in the team is his entitlement and took it easy. Now he would realize , he has to do quite a bit practice wise, fitness wise ,  Overall  batting cricket wise ww to come to reckoning back again. 

Next one year will tell us where he is headed . if he remains the way he is , that will be it . He will be out of India reckoning out of IPL X!.

If he does not focus on his cricket and show results he will go the  Kambli way,  but if  overcomes this phase and improves , he will be in India x!.

I would dearly want India not to lose this Talent. 

4 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

He seems to be in great form in the Vijay Hazare Trophy. Hope he comes back into reckoning in the limited-overs sides. 

These are easy runs against tier 3 teams of India. Nothing much should be read into. 

Even fitness wise , there still some flab to get rid off. Let him play full domestic season .

If there are any A matches he should play again in them and may be after WC he should be given a re look id starts piling big runs . 

58 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

He needs to improve his attitude and fitness first.

Fitness can be improved but attitude is a difficult thing to change. When you become so hyped at such a young age and then get so many endorsements its hard to keep your head calm.. closest example ..at least Kambli played some cruicial odi knocks and was consistent in initial part of his career..

10 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

You still need to be able to take advantage of it. Look at Yashasvi Jaiswal. Got out for 10 off 16 against the same team.

Tbh I don't rate Jaiswal much..  He needs to improve a lot..  He will be competing with likes of Paddikal Shaw Ruturaj who all seem a league above him.