Should Pakistani players be allowed in IPL?

6 hours ago, Soldier said:

Issue isn't the Indians. Pakistani government embolden and brain wash their innocent citizens by using cricket as a platform to denigrate and attack India in whatever way possible. Let's not forget, Pakistan is in cahoots with China and are more than happy to support them should China wage war against India.

Well that's the threat of two front war..  India faces everytime.  China uses Pakistan like a whore & Pak uses them as their sugar daddy.  

Now regarding cricket...  There's no other way to end Pak cricket like their Hockey team unless we play bilateral cricket.  I am damn sure if they lose 2-3 bilateral series losses with us..  Pakistani public & jaahil leaders won't be able to take it & Pakistan cricket will end straightaway.  It is criminal not to use our dominance on weak Padosis.  

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

There are problem everywhere I am not discussing about what common Pakistani thinks about india. I am only talking in terms of ipl and Pakistani players participation int it and all I know most of Pakistani players are illiterate, loud mouth and ungreatful. Forget about players there chairman patron in chief PM they all give rubbish statement and try to discourage and humiliate bcci and it's players. I never spoke and give a dime what their normal people say. But Pakistani players and management and pcb patron in chief always give hatred statement about bcci and defenetily no one in bcci and India loosing sleep over it. May be you can call ecevryone brain washed but that's what it is.

Man.. I know they are known for their stupid comments. But when it comes to tantrums and stupidity in front of media , some of our cricketers and experts are not far behind. Just becausw they use a polished language does not take away the message out of it.

Even I don't care if Pakistani players are not picked up for IPL based on merit. And I don't have any intention to extend any undue favour to them. But we don't need to shove it down their throat that we are going to deprive you of an opportunity because of your politics while we follow similar standards at home. We are better than that.

1 hour ago, Soldier said:

Ok but westerners are no better so why chastise only the Indians? 

That's not true either. The overall standards of honesty is much higher there inspite of the bad apples. Of couse socio economics play a role but even then we are really no saints.

1 hour ago, Soldier said:

Btw foreign media has a very nasty penchant to portray Indians or any other non white origin people as negative despicable people to present sensationalized news. 

This I agree that poor / corrupt India sells with the exception that not entire western media is like that. They do have fair amount of alternate view points.

38 minutes ago, RajBan said:

That's not true either. The overall standards of honesty is much higher there inspite of the bad apples. Of couse socio economics play a role but even then we are really no saints.

I disagree but fair enough if you believe that's the case. There are both honest and dishonest people in all ethnic groups. 

8 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Cricket has got nothing to do with politics. The money paid to players can never go for terrorism. And this is a fact that when your neighbour is economically strong, they wont have the time to engage in such activities.

India should act as the bigger of the two. I think we should allow Pakistani players in IPL.  And the positives are more than a few. 

I would love to see a few Pakistani players playing in India.

8 hours ago, RajBan said:

Agree. That we put ban on each other's civilians because of politics ia a testimony of why we are still third world countries with an immatured population who can be easily manipulated . US and Russia have much more bitter relationship but they don't try to put a leash on their citizens.

It is simply saying that since the politicians are not on the same page they won't allow normal relations between the citizens. Travel, business, education, sports, medical services should continue as usual unless the countries are at serious conflict like Kargil.

You 2 are a result of when someone visits PP a bit too much. :laugh:

21 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

You 2 are a result of when someone visits PP a bit too much. :laugh:

Sometimes it helps to have a different perspective. Nahi to we will caught within ourselves . I personally believe in reconciliation wherever there is a scope. Does not mean I have to buy all the BS that goes in PP.

2 hours ago, RajBan said:

Man.. I know they are known for their stupid comments. But when it comes to tantrums and stupidity in front of media , some of our cricketers and experts are not far behind. Just becausw they use a polished language does not take away the message out of it.

Even I don't care if Pakistani players are not picked up for IPL based on merit. And I don't have any intention to extend any undue favour to them. But we don't need to shove it down their throat that we are going to deprive you of an opportunity because of your politics while we follow similar standards at home. We are better than that.

But are we killing their people and soldiers through proxy wars or running jehad in their land. If our politician say that as an justification what's wrong in that.

30 minutes ago, raki05 said:

But are we killing their people and soldiers through proxy wars or running jehad in their land. If our politician say that as an justification what's wrong in that.

We are pretty much part of the proxy war . If you think that we are saints then that's not how geo politics works or should work. 

And I am personally ok with the proxy war. Security apparatus operates on tit for tat policy and I am all for it as long as it is not out of proportion. I am perfectly ok with surgical strikes as I think that keeps the trouble mongers on check.

Security apparatus will do their job. Politicians will do their job and will come up with beautiful narratives that works in their and their parties interest. As educated civilians we should take that with a pinch of salt and have our standing and opinion as opposed to blindly dancing to their tunes .

Who said cricket has nothing to do with politics.Politics is always linked with sports in any country.

Once you entertain Pakistani players into IPL, PCB will start acting all mighty by dangling the no-objection certificate to get favors.If PCB becomec self sufficient without BCCI's help then it is beneficial to world of cricket. Pakistan as a country needs to understand that India won't tolerate terrorism. We have to accept that fact India is not powerful enough to put political pressure. If this boycott of cricket helps in anyway why not use it.

SA was banned for 23 years from all sports due to apartheid.Did it not work? 

I have nothing against Pakistani players.

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, RajBan said:

We are pretty much part of the proxy war . If you think that we are saints then that's not how geo politics works or should work. 

And I am personally ok with the proxy war. Security apparatus operates on tit for tat policy and I am all for it as long as it is not out of proportion. I am perfectly ok with surgical strikes as I think that keeps the trouble mongers on check.

Security apparatus will do their job. Politicians will do their job and will come up with beautiful narratives that works in their and their parties interest. As educated civilians we should take that with a pinch of salt and have our standing and opinion as opposed to blindly dancing to their tunes .

You just answer proxy war. Can you please highlight with evidence like UN or international media that supports that india running terror camp on its lands which kills Pakistani and their civilan any UN designated terrorist in india enjoying luxry of government and military and millions of so called innocent public like Pakistani joinig their rallies. Dude don't paint india in same colour as Pakistani. Pakistan is enemy nation even though their people/ cricketers don't involve in those jehads ( which personally I don't buy in) they have to suffer the consequences of their millitary and government sponsored terror, just like indian innocent people have suffered for so long.