Should Pakistani players be allowed in IPL?

1 minute ago, Serpico said:

Hafeez in his current form is better T20 batsman than Babar, right age bracket for csk too

My Indian names with similar exp and utility - Raina (better avg and SR, bowl and gun fielder ) and Robin (similar avg and sr, while doesnt bowl but can keep) , Parthiv could be another guy. 

I am not disputing Hafeez has better international numbers that above 3 but in the context of IPL , why will any team waste 1 foreign player slot for hafeez. 

3 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

My Indian names with similar exp and utility - Raina (better avg and SR, bowl and gun fielder ) and Robin (similar avg and sr, while doesnt bowl but can keep) , Parthiv could be another guy. 

I am not disputing Hafeez has better international numbers that above 3 but in the context of IPL , why will any team waste 1 foreign player slot for hafeez. 

Hafeez's T20 numbers last year are 83 / 153

Yeah obviously cricket should resume between these two countries. 

If other sports are allowed then what's the problem with cricket. 

Their ex Cricketers already are making a lot of money through youtube channels bcoz of Indians. 

Also IPL will be much more entertaining with Amir vs Rohit/kohli and Bumrah vs Babar. 

Cricket and politics are unrelated entities. 

No, and I doubt if franchises want to select Pak cricketers, this is not 2000s anymore where Pakistan was the only Asian country to regularly churn out genuine pace bowlers and big hitting batsmen. Today England has the biggest talent pool in T20s and that is where franchises prefer to pick players from.

Edited by MechEng
On 1/21/2021 at 6:31 PM, Rightarmfast said:

Cricket has got nothing to do with politics. The money paid to players can never go for terrorism. And this is a fact that when your neighbour is economically strong, they wont have the time to engage in such activities.

India should act as the bigger of the two. I think we should allow Pakistani players in IPL.  And the positives are more than a few. 

I would love to see a few Pakistani players playing in India.

The fact cricket is not happening between Ind & Pak because of politics says otherwise. Are all pak players giving audited reports of how their money is used? Pak govt provides infrastructure & support for terrorism in India, are cricketers in Pakistan exempt from taxes?

You have to be completely ignorant of world geopolitics to think support for terrorism goes away with better economy. China the economic powerhouse in asia has supported terrorism in NE, & uses its veto power to block UN action against Pak terrorists. Rich middle eastern countries sponsored Jihad all over the world. America an economic superpower, has sponsored terror around the world to accomplish it goals. There is literally zero evidence a better economy would dissuade Pakistan from supporting terror. It is the only tool it has to accomplish its goals as India has a conventional edge over Pakistan military. 

India hasn't been playing Pakistan for quite some time, Indian cricket hasn't lost anything. In fact, we are a far better side than they are. Why should we help pakistan cricket be Pplaying with them?

On 1/21/2021 at 6:53 PM, RajBan said:

Agree. That we put ban on each other's civilians because of politics ia a testimony of why we are still third world countries with an immatured population who can be easily manipulated . US and Russia have much more bitter relationship but they don't try to put a leash on their citizens.

It is simply saying that since the politicians are not on the same page they won't allow normal relations between the citizens. Travel, business, education, sports, medical services should continue as usual unless the countries are at serious conflict like Kargil.

Complete lack of understanding of how the world works. Look up on the US sanctions on countries around the world and how it affects the economy & even health care in the affected countries, US sanctioned SA during apartheid (ICC banned SA cricket).  Does that make US a third world country? US isn't at war with most of them.

Also, It is simply not true that US-Russia have a much more bitter relationship, Russians & Americans aren't shooting at each other with fatalities on a daily basis. They had a much more adversarial relationship during the cold war & you can read up on travel restrictions during that time.

While I agree essential travel, medical services & certain business should continue, entertainment shouldn't be among them.

Edited by IndianRenegade
23 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

The fact cricket is not happening between Ind & Pak because of politics says otherwise. Are all pak players giving audited reports of how their money is used? Pak govt provides infrastructure & support for terrorism in India, are cricketers in Pakistan exempt from taxes?

You have to be completely ignorant of world geopolitics to think support for terrorism goes away with better economy. China the economic powerhouse in asia has supported terrorism in NE, & uses its veto power to block UN action against Pak terrorists. Rich middle eastern countries sponsored Jihad all over the world. America an economic superpower, has sponsored terror around the world to accomplish it goals. There is literally zero evidence a better economy would dissuade Pakistan from supporting terror. It is the only tool it has to accomplish its goals as India has a conventional edge over Pakistan military. 

India hasn't been playing Pakistan for quite some time, Indian cricket hasn't lost anything. In fact, we are a far better side than they are. Why should we help pakistan cricket be Pplaying with them?

Complete lack of understanding of how the world works. Look up on the US sanctions on countries around the world and how it affects the economy & even health care in the affected countries, US sanctioned SA during apartheid (ICC banned SA cricket).  Does that make US a third world country? US isn't at war with most of them.

Also, It is simply not true that US-Russia have a much more bitter relationship, Russians & Americans aren't shooting at each other with fatalities on a daily basis. They had a much more adversarial relationship during the cold war & you can read up on travel restrictions during that time.

While I agree essential travel, medical services & certain business should continue, entertainment shouldn't be among them.

The SA boycott during apertheid was not just a stance from US but a global thing.  It was a social issue en masse that drew global flak. 

I will add education to your list as students  usually have relatively fresh perspectives and does not always bring bitterness in everything. I genuinely believe younger generations  sometimes helps in change as they don't always come with past baggages and apprehensions. 

And I agree on the entertainment. Even I don't care about Bollywood or other masala movies demonstrating Pakistani actors. With more quality content on OTT,  the mainstream entertainment is being redefined.

By the way I am not proposing any friendship with Pakistan in general. But this drama of constant "Tu tu main main" with interim bus journeys and PMs making sudden visits to each other , with media amping it and cheerleaders dancing for and against makes it even more dysfunctional. 

I don't know why some indiana are itching and desperate to see Pakistani players who are literally 3 rd grade on cricketing standard. Besides isn't it Pakistani who banned their cricketers after 26/11 in a hope to destroy ipl and Indias reputation. Looks like we haven't learnt anything from prithvi raj chauhan and Muhammad gori incident and still ready to suck up to Pakistani.

Edited by raki05
20 minutes ago, raki05 said:

I don't know why some indiana are itching and desperate to see Pakistani players who are literally 3 rd grade on cricketing standard. Besides isn't it Pakistani who banned their cricketers after 26/11 in a hope to destroy ipl and Indias reputation. Looks like we haven't learnt anything from prithvi raj chauhan and Muhammad gori incident and still ready to suck up to Pakistani.

Forget IPL 

Millions of sickulars in India wants the government to give Indian citizenship to Pakistani Muslims. That’s why they oppose CAA :laugh:

But nobody cares about what these people say. Neither Pakistani players will ever be allowed in the IPL and neither will their Muslim civilians ever be given citizenship of India. Let these sickulars keep crying on social media :laugh:

10 hours ago, RajBan said:

The SA boycott during apertheid was not just a stance from US but a global thing.  It was a social issue en masse that drew global flak. 

I will add education to your list as students  usually have relatively fresh perspectives and does not always bring bitterness in everything. I genuinely believe younger generations  sometimes helps in change as they don't always come with past baggages and apprehensions. 

And I agree on the entertainment. Even I don't care about Bollywood or other masala movies demonstrating Pakistani actors. With more quality content on OTT,  the mainstream entertainment is being redefined.

By the way I am not proposing any friendship with Pakistan in general. But this drama of constant "Tu tu main main" with interim bus journeys and PMs making sudden visits to each other , with media amping it and cheerleaders dancing for and against makes it even more dysfunctional. 

WKK alert!

On 1/23/2021 at 11:09 AM, sarchasm said:

You half literate dumb*, stick to authoring lines like this lmao

Apparently I cannot bring the subject of terrorism on a cricket forum but Pakistan can bring terror on Indian soil but we dare not pretend anything is amiss. Cricket must go on regardless of Indian bodybags coming home everyday. And call India a terror state as well. Randomly dial in cow reference and gaumutra jibes because there's no cost to be a hinduphobe on an India forum.

Who the * moderates this forum? Those who do, do they take it as a badge of honor that any nonsense gets published with no filter whatsoever?

You sound a bloody retard, that you are! What a douchebag! Spewing venom and bs, just showing your background. 

Bringing terrorism on a cricket forum and dishing out venom on someone who disagrees with your screwed pov? What a rotten self you are. Definitely the mods need to be here. How is a roadside gutter level troll like you even allowed on this forum?

On 1/23/2021 at 3:22 AM, SecondSlip said:

He's not worth replying to. 

Indian Muslims like him are very ungrateful scums 

I am not worth replying to? Surely, when your argument is so low class, dont bother replying. But just because someone disagrees with your point of view, he becomes a muslim and an ungrateful scum? What kind of logic is that? Coming straight out of your rear?

Various Pakistani players like Imran Khan, Shoaib Akhtar, Shahid Afridi, Javed Miandad have at various times talked about religious matters against India.

1) Javed Miandad's daughter is married to the son of Dawood Ibrahim.

2) Shahid Afridi has on public TV said that he destroyed his TV as a Hindu ritual was being shown.

3) Imran Khan has mentioned how he felt like he was doing "Jihad" every time he was playing against India.

4) Shoaib Akhtar has spoken on live TV about Ghazwa-e-hind.

Pakistani cricketers would pay taxes to their governmenet from the money they get from IPL. Some of this money will end up with their military and their terrorist organizations which actively work to kill Indians. The money doesn't have to be significant but the principle matters.

Only a braindead "Liberal" or an Indian Muslim who supports his religion over India will want to see Pakistani players play IPL.

4 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

I am not worth replying to? Surely, when your argument is so low class, dont bother replying. But just because someone disagrees with your point of view, he becomes a muslim and an ungrateful scum? What kind of logic is that? Coming straight out of your rear?

NRC is coming. Go and find your documents son :laugh: 

No more further replies from my side. 

13 minutes ago, vijaydude said:

The Lankan army regularly kills Tamil fishermen though. Yet it's the Lankans we play the most.

Hey there is a difference ... they are still SL citizens. (albeit treated differently) . The topic of discussion here is Pak using IPL money to fund terror activities in India.

ps: For the record, I dont support the SL army nor support Baki players participating in IPL. We have avoided the Lankans too in the last few years of the IPL.