We must be wary of England!!

6 hours ago, GeeGaw said:

This supposed ATG team drew a series against PAK and came close to drawing the series against a terrible WI team; both home series.

Not the same lineup. Don't recall Archer broad and woakes plus 2 spinners play together vs those teams. 

Now they have oj pope who is good. 

This is their bets lineup

Sibley

Crawley

Root

Oj pope

Stokes

Buttler

Woakes/Curran

Broad

Archer

Bess

Wood

That's their best for Sena and I would say for India they can swap wood for Ali. 

It's a Great team. India are favourites as India is the best team if they make the right selections but England is very good. 

I would say this is the best England team after 2010-2012. 

This one is much stronger than the 2007-2008 we beat. 

Edited by Soldier
5 hours ago, GeeGaw said:

ENG are a good side, my disagreement is with ranking them as an ATG side especially in test cricket. That kind of honor is reserved only for the likes of the 1980’s West Indies and late 1990’s early 2000’s Australia teams.

An ATG team would certainly be the #1 ranked team in the world at the time and would be way ahead of #2. That alone disqualifies current ENG team from even sniffing ATG status. 

Would say it's their second best team ever post 90s.

2011-2012 was their best but even then they lost to Sri Lanka and for blanked by Pakistan. 

The main thing for us is that we should not become complacent after our win in Australia.

We should not think that we will win even if we play at a less than 100%.

If we play with full intensity then we will win this test series 

Some people are becoming sceptical looking at how England is playing in SL ... but this SL team is very weak. No comparison with this strong Indian team. Most of the SL batsmen just threw away their wickets in the 1st test 1st innings, playing T20 like cricket.

And the SL bowling lacks strike bowlers.

We will have 4 strike bowlers in Bumrah, Ashwin, Kuldeep and Ishant / Siraj.

Plus we will make better plans vs Root and company.

Edited by express bowling
27 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The main thing for us is that we should not become complacent after our win in Australia.

We should not think that we will win even if we play at a less than 100%.

If we play with full intensity then we will win this test series 

Some people are becoming sceptical looking at how England is playing in SL ... but this SL team is very weak. No comparison with this strong Indian team. Most of the SL batsmen just threw away their wickets in the 1st test 1st innings, playing T20 like cricket.

And the SL bowling lacks strike bowlers.

We will have 4 strike bowlers in Bumrah, Ashwin, Kuldeep and Ishant / Siraj.

Plus we will make better plans vs Root and company.

True. SL are also without some of their key players - Karunaratne, Dhananjay De Silva, all rounder Hasranga, pacers Kumara and Ranjitha. That's 5 players from their first choice 11 missing

Even England will have the added strength of Stokes and Archer

With Kohli as captain anything is possible. He is a master tactician and can achieve things which no one thinks is possible.

I expect the series to be 3-1 or 3-0 for India but won't be surprised if this becomes another Aane Do series under the leadership of Kohli. 

True. SL are also without some of their key players - Karunaratne, Dhananjay De Silva, all rounder Hasranga, pacers Kumara and Ranjitha. That's 5 players from their first choice 11 missing

Even England will have the added strength of Stokes and Archer

Lol. Hasaranga is as mediocre as they come. The typical "neither here nor there" player. Looked absolutely innocuous in the first test. Kumara as well... has pace but no control or variety.

SL are certainly missing Vishwa Fernando more than those. He is a quality bowler who swings the ball and keeps it tight. Him and Lakmal are first choice seamers for them in SL

Karunaratne is a big miss but Thirimanne did well in his place.

10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Hope to see some sledging in our series 

This is insane. No wonder Chandimal continuously said in post match interview that I take responsibility for playing false shot. I cant believe this is the same guy who according to me played the 2nd best 3rd innings knock ever in Subcontinent in 2015.