Ashwin Interview of R sridhar

3 hours ago, goose said:

Anyone catch the bit about them not being able to leave their bubble whereas 15000 fans allowed to enter the ground...what was that all about?

Actually Indians were promised that they can outside  after initial period of 

quarantine

but the Covid cases were high in Sydney so when they wanted to travel from Sydney to Gabba the local government did not keep their promise and player were not allowed to go outside. In one instance case indian  player were not allowed to go with Australian player in the same lift but all 15000 australia crowd are allowed to roam freely without safe distancing norm so indian players are not happy with that.

4 hours ago, goose said:

Anyone catch the bit about them not being able to leave their bubble whereas 15000 fans allowed to enter the ground...what was that all about?

Rules for travel between provinces within Australia were in flux, and a bit of a political hot potato.  Because the Indian team was coming from Sydney, the local govt in Brisbane wanted them to accept more restrictions than the local residents as a condition for allowing them to 'skip' the 1 or 2 week quarantine that they wanted other travelers from Sydney to Brisbane to follow.  Indian team members felt a bit persecuted because they thought they had already done the 2 week quarantine and after that they were expecting to be treated the same as anyone else in Australia.  

24 minutes ago, helperononline said:

One thing I would like to know about ashwin

Paine told ashwin " atleast my team mates like me"

Gavaskar also told ashwin has suffered a lot for speaking out his mind

What exactly is happening ? Anybody has inside news ?

Don't over think it - its Paine's standard "sledge/insult" - 'nobody likes you' etc He's essentially an Aussie "mean girl".

Ashwin and Sridhar may face some action for the use of casteist slur " Para KD" in the video, which mocks the Paraiyar, one of the Dalit castes.

Good thing they are called out. People just use this terms without understanding the meaning, this would be a good lesson for both

7 hours ago, helperononline said:

One thing I would like to know about ashwin

Paine told ashwin " atleast my team mates like me"

Gavaskar also told ashwin has suffered a lot for speaking out his mind

What exactly is happening ? Anybody has inside news ?

You never noticed how VK celebrates with Ash , When Ash takes a wicket and how he cebrates when others take wickets . 

Watch earlier  years videos. You will notice it is spontaneous as with others. 

6 hours ago, sandeep said:

Rules for travel between provinces within Australia were in flux, and a bit of a political hot potato.  Because the Indian team was coming from Sydney, the local govt in Brisbane wanted them to accept more restrictions than the local residents as a condition for allowing them to 'skip' the 1 or 2 week quarantine that they wanted other travelers from Sydney to Brisbane to follow.  Indian team members felt a bit persecuted because they thought they had already done the 2 week quarantine and after that they were expecting to be treated the same as anyone else in Australia.  

thanks. do you know if the aussie players (also travelling from Sydney obviously) had to observe the same restrictions?

8 hours ago, helperononline said:

Actually Indians were promised that they can outside  after initial period of 

quarantine

but the Covid cases were high in Sydney so when they wanted to travel from Sydney to Gabba the local government did not keep their promise and player were not allowed to go outside. In one instance case indian  player were not allowed to go with Australian player in the same lift but all 15000 australia crowd are allowed to roam freely without safe distancing norm so indian players are not happy with that.

i don't get why they weren't allowed to share the same lift

On 1/23/2021 at 4:40 PM, putrevus said:

They did not talk much about Gill which is very surprising.To me Gill was 80% reason for this win. It was his fearless approach  and audacity which would have given immense self belief for others. Pant got the credit but Gill was the man.

On 1/23/2021 at 6:10 AM, putrevus said:

They did not talk much about Gill which is very surprising.To me Gill was 80% reason for this win. It was his fearless approach  and audacity which would have given immense self belief for others. Pant got the credit but Gill was the man.

That was really surprising.  Maybe it got edited out?  

15 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

That was really surprising.  Maybe it got edited out?  

Maybe time shortage since they had to board the plane to Dubai the same day, they hurried a lot in 3rd part. Check his latest video with batting coach after landing in India, they talk about Gill. 

On 1/24/2021 at 5:53 AM, goose said:

thanks. do you know if the aussie players (also travelling from Sydney obviously) had to observe the same restrictions?

Not sure, probably.  

The difference being Australian players were in their own country and probably did not have to deal with the inconvenience of being put up in a hotel without cleaning services, etc.