Year 2035 AD. BCCI Coaching Staff

neel roy

9 minutes ago, RajBan said:

I don't have much issues with continuing with Sastry even though I am not his fan. Sastry has always been known as somebody with tactical nous, its his attitude that sucks. And him and Kohli does not look to be a very fruitful combination. I will certainly like to give credit to Rahane based on the things that I have seen. He looks to have that ability to get every body together from different sides for a common cause.

The other thing is not just Sastry but anybody who will work with Kohli needs to pander to him, otherwise he will try to get rid of him. Two strong personalities usually never works together ,.more so with Kohli who does not want to share any space with others. There is a reason why  a personality like Kumble with intelligence and strategic mindset did not continue because probably everybody involved including Kumble  realized that this will be a personality clash from day 1.

I think he was under the pump after Adelaide..  Perhaps he was fearing he won't survive a potential 4-0.  That's when he used his much vaunted tactical brain..  Otherwise it was idiotic in the first place to go with XI right handers.  Then in next game he added two in Jaddu & Pant. 

Rahane Ashwin are clever & possibly they understood & executed whatever they planned with Shastri.  Kohli has no brains & he is basically like Pakistanis sometimes & mostly his tactics are based on hope rather than actual instinct. 

12 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I think he was under the pump after Adelaide..  Perhaps he was fearing he won't survive a potential 4-0.  That's when he used his much vaunted tactical brain..  Otherwise it was idiotic in the first place to go with XI right handers.  Then in next game he added two in Jaddu & Pant. 

Rahane Ashwin are clever & possibly they understood & executed whatever they planned with Shastri.  Kohli has no brains & he is basically like Pakistanis sometimes & mostly his tactics are based on hope rather than actual instinct. 

Last part is probably true. Kohli's success methods mostly rely on individual brilliance.