"Kohli messaged around 12:30 am the night we were bowled out for 36": India's fielding coach reveals 'Mission Melbourne'

That's true but actions do speak louder than words, let's see what chase master - India's best batter since "you know who" does on the toughest/grandest stage out there. For one I'll admit that "some" of the criticism especially around his batting is unwarranted including from me, but his captaincy blunders cannot be understated - starting from CT 17 final :facepalm:

Edited by R!TTER
7 hours ago, The Realist said:

Next thing they will manufacture is another fairy tale about how Kohli provided input to improve the covid vaccines. 

Has been totally sidelined by the series victory and become a non factor hence making up BS stories to keep him relevant.

Flat track bully failed yet again. 

But still his away avg is upto 27 now from 26.

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

He was a part of world cup and champions trophy winning team. 

As I said come out of your bubble. 

He was not the captain. In his captaincy he's been mostly home track bully as a captain. 2020 series which rahane won or home series against aus where rahane captained are still the best series victory since fab 4 team and 2020 victory is our best ever. Let Kohli win something relevant first as a captain before picking up his banner everywhere.

11 hours ago, raki05 said:

He was not the captain. In his captaincy he's been mostly home track bully as a captain. 2020 series which rahane won or home series against aus where rahane captained are still the best series victory since fab 4 team and 2020 victory is our best ever. Let Kohli win something relevant first as a captain before picking up his banner everywhere.

He won the 2018 series in Aus. 

Which will always be remembered as our first win in Aus

55 minutes ago, Adamant said:

With an asterix, *Aus missing two of its best batsmen.

When Aus were at full strength, under Kohli's captaincy we got 36 all out and would have ended at 0-4. 

Safe to say, with anyone other than Kohli as captain, we would have won 2018 SA and England series  as well

Don't forget the 2-nil drubbing in NZ, where the best batter since "you know who" did * all with the bat - over the last 5 years our biggest wins have come on the back of Pujara's batting in 2018/19 & Rahane here. Contrast that to Brat - failed spectacularly against Oz in 2017 at home, failed in crucial moments against SA/Eng even with batting. For all the praise he gets with the bat/cap he's surely flunked more final (exams) than any other alternative, yet his fans keep cheerleading for him :hmm:

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

Doesn't matter no one in India has celebrated that victory like this. This victory trumped every overseas victory only wc 50 over can match this. We won 2 crucial series against red hot Aussies when rahane captained the team and both occasions we were trailing 1-0.

On 1/23/2021 at 5:34 AM, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

: “It was midnight, around 12.30 am, the night we lost the Adelaide Test. Virat Kohli messaged me: ‘What are you doing?’ I was shocked. I thought ‘why is he messaging at this time?’ I told him ‘head coach (Ravi Shastri), myself, Bharat Arun and Vikram Rathour are sitting together’. He said, ‘I’ll also join you’. I said, ‘no problem, come over

I told him ‘head coach (Ravi Shastri), myself, Bharat Arun and Vikram Rathour are sitting together’- With bottle of Glenfidditch.

He said, ‘I’ll also join you’. - Only Water for me Sir. Sparkling..

Edited by neel roy
On 1/24/2021 at 10:41 AM, ShoonyaSifar said:

With an asterix, *Aus missing two of its best batsmen.

When Aus were at full strength, under Kohli's captaincy we got 36 all out and would have ended at 0-4. 

Safe to say, with anyone other than Kohli as captain, we would have won 2018 SA and England series  as well

The bowlers handled smith and warner in this series, they would have done the same under Kohli as evident by the meteoric rise of India's bowling lineup under kohli. 

Apart from that he would have been our highest run scorer as he showed in the first match. 

So, safe to say we would have won 3-1 in Aus if Kohli was the captain

Also if someone else was there in place of kohli in 2018 then who would have made 600 runs in that series. 

Same goes for Sa where he was the best batsman of the series. 

On 1/24/2021 at 11:38 AM, raki05 said:

Doesn't matter no one in India has celebrated that victory like this. This victory trumped every overseas victory only wc 50 over can match this. We won 2 crucial series against red hot Aussies when rahane captained the team and both occasions we were trailing 1-0.

Everyone celebrated that victory(except kohli haters) , the only difference was that this time we were underdogs as we didn't have our best batsman and premier fast bowlers were missing.