Team composition by player types and having adequate backups

On 1/23/2021 at 12:27 PM, prudent_kreeda said:

Swing bowler ----

11. Shardul / Bhuvi / Natarajan

Add Chahar/ Porel

Again, Bengal player and Bengali on top (unlike, say, Mohammad Shami), so forget it. Similar to Easwaran, I would suggest moving to Ireland, though I doubt he has any real-life skill to get a non-cricketing visa -- maybe join the club circuit? -- and in addition, he gets his IPL paycheck, so the motivation to move might not be there. Overall, I am surprised that there hasn't been a proper exodus of Bengal cricketers, unlike say, how South Africans have been leaving their country in droves. I suppose the main difference is that in South Africa, the prospective professional sportsmen are (some of) the "cream of the crop", and are hence also more savvy and world-aware, whereas a lot of the professional sportspersons in India are not. If you on the other hand consider the "brain drain", where many scientists and other highly-skilled professionals leave India, it is comparable to South Africa's talent drain in sports. So maybe that is the answer ....

29 minutes ago, Hojoborolo said:

Again, Bengal player and Bengali on top (unlike, say, Mohammad Shami), so forget it. 

Apni ki bolchen dada? There is no major bias or grand conspiracy against Bengalis when it comes to team selection. Our state is simply not that gifted when it comes to cricket, thankfully cricket isn't the only sport played in this country.

Edited by Gollum