Who should be the Indian wicketkeeper for England series?

Who should be the Indian wicketkeeper for England series?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the Indian wicketkeeper for England series?

• Pant Keeper, no Saha in team
    • Saha and Pant in team, Saha keeper
    • Saha Keeper, no Pant in team

3 minutes ago, RajBan said:

Pant has demonstrated enough credentials to play as a batsman alone. As an all condition test player I will rate him above Rohit and that won't change regardless of how many centuries Rohit hits at home. If Kohli and Sastri feels obliged that Saha needs to keep and they will play 5 best batsman then Pant comfortably ranks in that top 5 along with Gill. Can't drop Rahane and Pujara after the last Aus Test. So they need to decide who between Kohli and Rohit will sit. Will be a good riddle for the three to solve.

Yes, it would be good riddle, Rahane is the weaklink in batting among top five in India. 

Edited by putrevus
4 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Contrarian here compared to popular opinion: Saha should be playing as keeper. Without Jadeja we don't have our top gun bowling attack and even with him I'd want all the chances grabbed as far as possible. He's no stud with the bat like Pant but he's no mug either, has 2 hundreds in India and 1 in WI. I'm not anti-Pant, I just believe the best XI which also demands the best wicket keeper should play. Saha averages 30 in India, suppose Pant averages 50-55, I would prefer not to risk the potentially missed chances costing more than those extra runs. I'm not including that positive energy Pant's batting can bring to the game since its not quantitative. For what its worth, I also believe Pant plays ahead of Rahane as a batsman in India. 

There was a time two decades or so back that I felt Healy was being unnecessarily selected over Gilly for tests since I felt Gilly was a good enough keeper and the gulf between the two wasn't as big. Thus far, I haven't felt the same for Pant and would want selectors & him to prove me wrong in this series itself and this debate is forever settled. 

If we didn’t give chance to pant how can he improve his wk skill. We need to give him full home season. India did blunder to didn’t play him against sa & BL ( both weak team) last year .