Jump to content
Ankit_sharma03

Axar patel wud be the key against England

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

kuldeep,bumrah and ishant cant bat,the 5th bowler has to be a good batsman to make the team.

Kuldeep can definitely bat. unless you meant slogging around ala Starc! The two others you mentioned are complete duds, Ishant even after nearly 100 tests :facepalm:

Link to post
21 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

it will come down to sundar vs Kuldeep and one will be dropped and ppl shud stop looking at individuals now, its what better for the team. 

 

Kuldeep 

 

Pro - 

  • Sibley,crawley, burns, foakes wont have played him before or not much 
  • Wrist spin 

 

Cons-

 

  • His form is unknown 
  • confidence has been fragile
  • Batting is lesser then sundar

 

Sundar

 

Pros-

 

  • High on confidence
  • batting
  • His t20 variation n pace can be very helpful against tail

 

Cons-

 

  • bowling skill is less then kuldeep but he is playing as 5th bowler not main 

 

So based on this ill go with sundar 

+1 mate.

Link to post
22 hours ago, neel roy said:

Yes because only fools would play 3 bowlers who would all turn the ball into the batsmen. We need variety. Axars left arm spin would take the ball away. Thats why Jaddu n Ashwin bowling in tandem was so difficult to face.. one turning in one turning away. Messes with your footwork.. same was for Bhajji and Kumble.. 

Going by your logic Australian management was comprised of bunch of fools when they played Warne and MacGill in tandem.

Link to post
20 minutes ago, ShebbySB said:

Going by your logic Australian management was comprised of bunch of fools when they played Warne and MacGill in tandem.

Yes actually they had no option to play an offspinner as their top 4 Sheffield shield spinners were all Leg spinners in Warne Macgill Peter McIntyre and Brad Hogg. The only off break bowler they had was Gavin Robertson if you remember him who was thrashed by Sidhu and Sachin in 1998. He ended up with an average of 40

in 4 tests..India has options.. Australia didnt.. 

Link to post
19 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Yes actually they had no option to play an offspinner as their top 4 Sheffield shield spinners were all Leg spinners in Warne Macgill Peter McIntyre and Brad Hogg. The only off break bowler they had was Gavin Robertson if you remember him who was thrashed by Sidhu and Sachin in 1998. He ended up with an average of 40

in 4 tests..India has options.. Australia didnt.. 

Mate Hoggy was a chinaman. I totally get your point and not at all countering that but Kohli clearly said that he wants to play as many option possible in India who can bowl and contribute with the bat. I have a feeling Axar, Ashwin and Sundar will be picked along with Bumrah, Ishant. Kohli likes depth in the batting.

Edited by ShebbySB
Link to post
9 minutes ago, ShebbySB said:

Mate Hoggy was a chinaman. I totally get your point and not at all countering that but Kohli clearly said that we want to play as many option possible in India who can bowl and contribute with the bat. I have a feeling Axar, Ashwin and Sundar will be picked along with Bumrah, Ishant. Kohli likes depth in the batting.

Hogg was still a wrist spinner. The Australian s struggled with finger spinning options throughout 90s and tried all sorts of bowlers ( Mark Waugh bowled off spin and statistically he is amongst the top 5 off spinners in Australia all time test history with 59! Wickets)  . As per Kohli s latest interview Kuldeep is playing. So you have one slot left. Either Sundar or Axar. Based on England batsmen’s performance in SL Axar is the safe option as he will as I said before take the ball away. 3 finger spinners in one team will be really surprising if Ashwin Sundar and Axar play together. Kuldeep is a wrist spinner which adds to variety..

Edited by neel roy
Link to post
2 hours ago, ShebbySB said:

Mate Hoggy was a chinaman. I totally get your point and not at all countering that but Kohli clearly said that he wants to play as many option possible in India who can bowl and contribute with the bat. I have a feeling Axar, Ashwin and Sundar will be picked along with Bumrah, Ishant. Kohli likes depth in the batting.

If he likes depth in batting, he would have actually thought about playing Ashwin and jaddu overseas together long time back. 

Link to post
19 minutes ago, Clarke said:

He's got perfect conditions to start. 

Should've played HP here, Brat again read the pitch wrong. We need extra batting here & just the one pacer, with another part time pacer in HP, would've been enough. Right now we'll really on Sharma the most & Root getting out cheaply!

Link to post
2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Should've played HP here, Brat again read the pitch wrong. We need extra batting here & just the one pacer, with another part time pacer in HP, would've been enough. Right now we'll really on Sharma the most & Root getting out cheaply!

 

 

HP's fitness is unclear. 

 

I'm hoping Siraj will contribute with reverse. 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...