Axar patel wud be the key against England

20 minutes ago, ShebbySB said:

Going by your logic Australian management was comprised of bunch of fools when they played Warne and MacGill in tandem.

Yes actually they had no option to play an offspinner as their top 4 Sheffield shield spinners were all Leg spinners in Warne Macgill Peter McIntyre and Brad Hogg. The only off break bowler they had was Gavin Robertson if you remember him who was thrashed by Sidhu and Sachin in 1998. He ended up with an average of 40

in 4 tests..India has options.. Australia didnt.. 

19 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Yes actually they had no option to play an offspinner as their top 4 Sheffield shield spinners were all Leg spinners in Warne Macgill Peter McIntyre and Brad Hogg. The only off break bowler they had was Gavin Robertson if you remember him who was thrashed by Sidhu and Sachin in 1998. He ended up with an average of 40

in 4 tests..India has options.. Australia didnt.. 

Mate Hoggy was a chinaman. I totally get your point and not at all countering that but Kohli clearly said that he wants to play as many option possible in India who can bowl and contribute with the bat. I have a feeling Axar, Ashwin and Sundar will be picked along with Bumrah, Ishant. Kohli likes depth in the batting.

Edited by ShebbySB
9 minutes ago, ShebbySB said:

Mate Hoggy was a chinaman. I totally get your point and not at all countering that but Kohli clearly said that we want to play as many option possible in India who can bowl and contribute with the bat. I have a feeling Axar, Ashwin and Sundar will be picked along with Bumrah, Ishant. Kohli likes depth in the batting.

Hogg was still a wrist spinner. The Australian s struggled with finger spinning options throughout 90s and tried all sorts of bowlers ( Mark Waugh bowled off spin and statistically he is amongst the top 5 off spinners in Australia all time test history with 59! Wickets)  . As per Kohli s latest interview Kuldeep is playing. So you have one slot left. Either Sundar or Axar. Based on England batsmen’s performance in SL Axar is the safe option as he will as I said before take the ball away. 3 finger spinners in one team will be really surprising if Ashwin Sundar and Axar play together. Kuldeep is a wrist spinner which adds to variety..

Edited by neel roy
2 hours ago, ShebbySB said:

Mate Hoggy was a chinaman. I totally get your point and not at all countering that but Kohli clearly said that he wants to play as many option possible in India who can bowl and contribute with the bat. I have a feeling Axar, Ashwin and Sundar will be picked along with Bumrah, Ishant. Kohli likes depth in the batting.

If he likes depth in batting, he would have actually thought about playing Ashwin and jaddu overseas together long time back. 

19 minutes ago, Clarke said:

He's got perfect conditions to start. 

Should've played HP here, Brat again read the pitch wrong. We need extra batting here & just the one pacer, with another part time pacer in HP, would've been enough. Right now we'll really on Sharma the most & Root getting out cheaply!

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Should've played HP here, Brat again read the pitch wrong. We need extra batting here & just the one pacer, with another part time pacer in HP, would've been enough. Right now we'll really on Sharma the most & Root getting out cheaply!

HP's fitness is unclear. 

I'm hoping Siraj will contribute with reverse.