Investment advice for newbies

MechEng

Not to scare the OP, but did you read about Reddit users short squeezing GameStop stock, which went down 200% in one day. A lot of hedge funds are bankrupt. I don’t even how to be aware of such things, glad my MFs were not affected. I just picked some that my finan adv recommended. Mine are mostly long term inv, any shortcomings in short term should be tolerated 

26 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Not to scare the OP, but did you read about Reddit users short squeezing GameStop stock, which went down 200% in one day. A lot of hedge funds are bankrupt. I don’t even how to be aware of such things, glad my MFs were not affected. I just picked some that my finan adv recommended. Mine are mostly long term inv, any shortcomings in short term should be tolerated 

went up by 200% in a day ..

in pre-mkt again up by 130% now :woot: 

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GME?p=GME&.tsrc=fin-srch

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-25/how-wallstreetbets-pushed-gamestop-shares-to-the-moon

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Their next target is Blackberry and AMC apparently

On 1/27/2021 at 3:47 PM, coffee_rules said:

Haha, this is like walking on the edge of the sword for amateur investors.

On 2/1/2021 at 11:43 AM, velu said:

we got Nirmala Candle II .. :csk:

bank nifty reacts more to budget .. 8% up todayz

MODs please keep check on @velu. He is advising noobs into trading. If you notice a user hasnt logged in for a week or two, duly call local authorities to check on them..

We freaking are going to lose membership here on Velu's advise. 

Velu, do you do extensive TAs and fundamentals? How many hours do you spend each day? Are you into FX, F&O, commodities or stocks? I have worked in the industry for 3 years (very long ago) and never paid attention to anything. Not even held 1 stock in my life. I still remember few things, like EVs and various trends and strategies. But never had an account to really do detail study.