2023 Our Best Chance to win World Cup ?

5 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Comparing an all conquering team which had won two WCs and a CT in 2006 prior to 2007 with the current Indian team which cannot even win bilaterals away from home. Good to dream but reality will bite soon

BTW even that Aus side did not have three geriatrics in their top 3.

World Cup winner 2011

Kohli

Ct winners 

Kohli

Jadeja

Shikhar Dhawan

Rohit

We need not worry about bilateral series away from home since we are going to play Wc in india

9 minutes ago, helperononline said:

Dhoni even if he cannot finish the match he will take it till the last over now talking about first odi pandya lost his wicket in 38 over and jaddu lost his wicket in 45th over if pandya  had taken it till last over we might have won that match even saini has scored 29 off 35 balls so it is about staying till the end and getting runs off weak bowlers

Hain?? What's the use of taking it last over when u require 36+ to win in last six balls..

Actually u are comparing a 2008-2015 era dhoni to a miserable post 2016 era dhoni..

Dhoni of post 2016 era was deplorable nd godawful.. there was no place for a dolt like him in our middle order nd not even dhoni we had midget Jadhav as our power hitter to make cherry on the cake.

8 minutes ago, helperononline said:

Agree with you 100 percent 

But pant Iyer Rahul have not played many matches for us in middle order we have to play them for some match starting from this year 

and see if they show finishing ability 

As far as Jadeja is concerned he has batted lot down the order I trust his batting he is a good lower order bat but still  we need one reliable proven middle order batsman  

We have enough time going into world cup & we have all the resources & players to make our strongest shot..

All our middle & lower middle order will have enough time going into the world cup.. so no need to wary

Comparing an all conquering team which had won two WCs and a CT in 2006 prior to 2007 with the current Indian team which cannot even win bilaterals away from home. Good to dream but reality will bite soon  

BTW even that Aus side did not have three geriatrics in their top 3.

I'm not comparing anyone here. It was strictly a reply to those saying "No team has ever won a world cup with an old top order". Everyone knows If you're good enough, age doesn't matter.

And I think Dhawan, Rohit and Kohli are 'good enough' as of now.

How do you define "geriatrics" by the way?

1 minute ago, Amit228 said:

Hain?? What's the use of taking it last over when u require 36+ to win in last six balls..

Actually u are comparing a 2008-2015 era dhoni to a miserable post 2016 era dhoni..

Dhoni of post 2016 era was deplorable nd godawful.. there was no place for a dolt like him in our middle order nd not even dhoni we had midget Jadhav as our power hitter to make cherry on the cake.

Yes I am talking about dhoni of 2008 -2015

the same clever dhoni who chucked out senior players becoz they were very old  and made his own team to win many tournaments

I agree with u after he aged out he was not a good player he should have retired after 2015 WC his batting and reflex were never the same but I like his idea of taking it until the last over waiting for the opponent to make mistakes or target weak bowler in the final over

7 minutes ago, Amit228 said:

We have enough time going into world cup & we have all the resources & players to make our strongest shot..

All our middle & lower middle order will have enough time going into the world cup.. so no need to wary

We have a  problems der  I donno whether kohli will continue giving chance to pant ,Iyer in middle order so let us  wait and watch

If we can add a couple of people who can bowl in the top 6, we have as good a chance as any. Will allow us to play a couple of more ARs in 7-8, bat deep and have pacers who can bowl at the death..we will be fine. It will be a batting shootout mostly. 

Eng will be the favourites as they already have these sort of players but slower tracks may curb their strokeplayers...thats where we may do better.

55 minutes ago, Norman said:

I'm not comparing anyone here. It was strictly a reply to those saying "No team has ever won a world cup with an old top order". Everyone knows If you're good enough, age doesn't matter.

And I think Dhawan, Rohit and Kohli are 'good enough' as of now.

How do you define "geriatrics" by the way?

In cricketing terms, anyone over 35. Will typically have slower reflexes, for e.g. Dhoni . Doesn't matter how fit the player is. 

3 hours ago, helperononline said:

Currently we have 7 well established players and they are in prime form of the life  and 5 of them will retire so best and last chance to win World cup this decade 

Rohit age 33
Dhawan Age 35
Kohli Age 32
Hardik Pandya 26
Jadeja 32
Bumrah 27
Shami 30 ( original age 34)

Even Not so established  players are very good  that is 
Pant,Gill,klRahul,Natrajan,Thakur,Kuldeep,sundar

What do u guys think ?

If Kohli is still the captain we are not winning anything. There is this defeatist mentality. They were like deer caught in the headlights in the semi final. They just had to see off 10 overs.

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

If Kohli is still the captain we are not winning anything. There is this defeatist mentality. They were like deer caught in the headlights in the semi final. They just had to see off 10 overs.

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Not under #YouKnowWho

2 hours ago, New guy said:

No way we win anything with Kohli. He has shown enough by this point for people to realize this.

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

So u guys tell me one thing 

Did Dhoni alone  single-handedly Won  2007 and 2011 WC ?

If answer is yes then we need not discuss this any further 

15 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

India will win t20 wc or wtc this year under Kohli captaincy. 

9 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

And they still lost to Pakistan and Sri Lanka in the group stage of the 2019 World Cup.

Yeah. Imo for 23 wc england and india are favourits. India favourits because of home conditions. England have strong team.

45 minutes ago, helperononline said:

So u guys tell me one thing 

Did Dhoni alone  single-handedly Won  2007 and 2011 WC ?

If answer is yes then we need not discuss this any further 

No Dhoni did not win alone.  But he had an instinct for what would work. Kohli has the opposite and does one or two really dumb things which hampers his own team 

Often matches are won or lost on these one or two decisions, particularly big series. For eg, Kohli would never have given joginder sharma that last over in t20 wc final.  I still remember the asia cup where our fast bowlers were bowling well, afridi was struggling against bhuvi,  scoring only 3 runs in the 49th over, pakistan was 9 down,  and Kohli gave ashwin last over who got hit for 2 six and india lost. It takes a really dumb person to bowl a spinner against afridi with short boundaries 

Kohli has zero captaincy instincts and often takes decisions or selections which directly hamper the team. It often works out in test matches where matches are decided over 5 days and one or two decisions can get evened out, but in LOI they matter a lot

Edited by New guy
17 minutes ago, New guy said:

No Dhoni did not win alone.  But he had an instinct for what would work. Kohli has the opposite and does one or two really dumb things which hampers his own team 

Often matches are won or lost on these one or two decisions, particularly big series. For eg, Kohli would never have given joginder sharma that last over in t20 wc final.  I still remember the asia cup where our fast bowlers were bowling well, afridi was struggling against bhuvi,  scoring only 3 runs in the 49th over, pakistan was 9 down,  and Kohli gave ashwin last over who got hit for 2 six and india lost. It takes a really dumb person to bowl a spinner against afridi with short boundaries 

Kohli has zero captaincy instincts and often takes decisions or selections which directly hamper the team. It often works out in test matches where matches are decided over 5 days and one or two decisions can get evened out, but in LOI they matter a lot

I agree kohli  is not very good captain 

But this is the strongest and balanced team India  ever had

We have world class bowler,batsman ,all rounders and good fielders.

We won 2011 world cup with Nehra,munaf ,Piyush .yusuf 

I feel  kohli's captaincy alone cannot ruins everything we have got to learn to live with kohli as captain (it is a Corona thing)

We don't have any other options only Rohit is a close contender but he is a lazy guy who keeps forgetting his mobile,ring ,wallet and his only good performance have come through IPL which cannot be trusted he won't inspire his team that much while kohli will scare his team with his bossy attitude he is only option we have got now

Australia had Waugh, Ricky ponting ,Clarke Smith all of them did well because they had excellent team so it is matter of time Kohli 's team may do well going forward 

Edited by helperononline
5 hours ago, Norman said:

This is the Aussie team that played in the 2007 world cup final against Sri Lanka.

Adam Gilchrist (36)
Matthew Hayden (36)
Ricky Ponting (33)
Andrew Symonds (32)
Michael Clarke (26)
Shane Watson (26)
Michael Hussey (32)
Brad Hogg (36)
Glenn McGrath (37)
Nathan Bracken (30)
Shaun Tait (24)

To those who're saying "old geriatrics" can't win a world cup.

Huge difference between Australian and Indian geriatrics. Indians fudge age by 2-3 years.