Discussion on Farmers issues in India

dial_100

2 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:
2 hours ago, Khota said:

You either buy or sell a mirror. You don't hire one, you fricking moron.

You guys are so used to hiring everything,aren't you chewt

Can I hire your @#!%&*?

ignore.

3 hours ago, Khota said:

Delhi Police's New Armour After Facing Swords In Farmer Protests

We are one rod away. 

Friendly reminder since you like mocking the new gear ...Good to see your true Colors ... one thing to be against the bills or current gov . Another to mock policeman who are trying to not retaliate with force and at the same time keep order . So you might have a great short term memory you might need to be reminded of this

BB40FD4C-EAEC-4676-9053-0718E5E9FFF1.jpeg

Edited by 9zaesm

13 minutes ago, 9zaesm said:

Friendly reminder since you like mocking the new gear ...Good to see your true Colors ... one thing to be against the bills or current gov . Another to mock policeman who are trying to not retaliate with force and at the same time keep order . So you might have a great short term memory you might need to be reminded of this

BB40FD4C-EAEC-4676-9053-0718E5E9FFF1.jpeg

This is wrong and we all should condemn this whole heartedly. Violence has no place in these protests.

can you also condemn the violence against the farmer who was subdued and treated like animal by police and RSS workers.

4 hours ago, Khota said:

This is wrong and we all should condemn this whole heartedly. Violence has no place in these protests.

can you also condemn the violence against the farmer who was subdued and treated like animal by police and RSS workers.

You have been harping about the RSS workers bit.. where has this been proven other than in hearsay? 

On 1/30/2021 at 7:39 PM, dial_100 said:

I spent only 1 hour and this is what I learnt. This is not specific to any state alone but farming in general. I will put some bulleted points. Those who are experts add to this. We will track good points in farming and where things are not going right. Where things could be changed

1. Average farm land per farmer is very small (2-5 acre)
  2. >80% of farmers (~86%) in india only have a very small land
  3. Average income per acre of land is Rs. 30-60k making household income roughly about Rs 50k to 2.5L
  4. Cost of farming for small land is very high compared to revenue
  5. Because of lack of sufficient income, majority of the farmers are in huge debts.
  6. Monsoon is their biggest challenge
  7. Rich farmers, adhtiyas, bichauliyas, APMC, Local/State and Central government are their enemies or at least they are unfriendly.
  8. Inflation is hurting them worst
  9. Technology is not helping them as much as it does to other sectors.
  10. Complete ignorance of general public to the plight of farmers

Wow.. this is unbelievable. I am not surprised that farmers are committing suicides now. Rather i am surprised that there still are farmers who survived these adversities and still hoping that something will change. I really salute to those. 

How can we help?

This is exactly the reason why MSP system is not helping. As i said on some thread, Most Farmers annually sell no more then 10-50 quintal  of produce. So , no matter what you do with MSP, nothing is going to change their condition. 
Indias output per hectare is also one of lowest. Wastage of produce is also quite high, to alleviate we need food plants /packaging at village level. If not village then at say one per 3-5 village.

Earlier electricity was issue, but now, issue cost of electricity. Give them loan to generate energy at village level and reship power back to grid. In return discount electricity for the whole village.

Farm loan waiver helps but imo, poor farmers don’t borrow too much. So loan waiver only helps rich farmers or politician banker nexus( as happened in MP under congress). Small loan waiver should be done with regularity.

A direct benefit in farmers account has been tried and should continue.

Their only major recurring expense is oil, electricity, fertilizer and seeds.  poverty on electricity, ferlizer, seed, oil must be eliminated. Government needs to find out how it can measure the usage each farmer and what is poverty threshhold for above.

So unlike so called Farmer supporters on forum who want MSP, Real issue  with a real farmer is above. Government needs to work on all of above and more.

Edited by mishra

3 hours ago, bharathh said:

Why not? Are you investigating this or do you have some Charles Xavier like abilities?

So it is not possible for them to be locals pissed off with some inconsiderate asses parked outside their houses for months?

I dont have any special abilities but I can connect dots.

From what I have learned about these bills it does not touch the existing system.

However farmers/middlemen are afraid that if private orgs are allowed to buy from farmers then slowly APMC mandis will see less transactions and will slowly stop functioning after a while.

This will lead private orgs to fully run the show and do whatever they want.

I don't think their fears are unfounded that in the long run govt wants to do away with this MSP thing which is nothing but a burden for taxpayers.

Most of the APMC based purchasing happenes in Haryana and Punjab the reason farmers from these states are most pissed.

But my personal opinion is that the reason why India's agriculture remains a complete mess with negligible yields and slow growth is this dole system provided by govts.

Countries like Vietnam, S Korea even China moved towards rapid industrialisation while India remained stuck in agriculture with low produce.

The laws can be a game changer for the country in long run if govt puts it foot down and doesn't back away from implementation.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

SC just turned down a request for inquiry. That should answer the question.

If anything the SC have acted as wusses in the face of mass demonstrations like the CAA and this one. They haven't even told people cannot protest at the cost of inconveniencing others. They have not been pro-govt despite what the opposition thinks. The one time they did pronounce a judgement in this episode - they overreached their authority by asking the govt to shelve laws that were passed in the parliament. 

Btw the request for an inquiry was not for the fighting between the "farmers" and the locals. That is anyways being investigated.

42 minutes ago, bharathh said:

If anything the SC have acted as wusses in the face of mass demonstrations like the CAA and this one. They haven't even told people cannot protest at the cost of inconveniencing others. They have not been pro-govt despite what the opposition thinks. The one time they did pronounce a judgement in this episode - they overreached their authority by asking the govt to shelve laws that were passed in the parliament. 

Btw the request for an inquiry was not for the fighting between the "farmers" and the locals. That is anyways being investigated.

It is the messaging that SC is afraid of that makes them anti-government. WIth some rulings that went govt's way, liberals and psedos attacked them so much so that they are now afraid of these folks. You know what happened to Gogoi, he was being hounded by media. No one wants to take the risk, best bet is give some advice to government and be hailed.