Discussion on Farmers issues in India

dial_100

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

That's the MO of anything this govt does. Nobody questioning their policies can have genuine concerns, anyone who are critical to their plans are traitors, communists, illuminati etc. Just demonize every dissenter and poison the discourse

Who are those dissenters? Opposition parties who had the same reforms in their election ,manifestos and are now talking about annadata? The farmer unions who proposed the same measures, in Punjab, they didn't want MSP for some vegetables and Congress/Amrinder wanted to scrap APMCs? Or these hire-a-activists, goondas who went on a rampage when the government trusted the the farmers to hold a peaceful tractor rally? Let's not deny there were Khalisatani elements (flags, swords, kadas with Khalistan engraved) in the crowd.  OTOH, anything the government does is because they are pandering to corporations and are fascists. The whole circus around these protests are engineered. If they are unpopular, the states can add measures to make the laws better, or even vote out the govt. 

Who are those dissenters? Opposition parties who had the same reforms in their election ,manifestos and are now talking about annadata? The farmer unions who proposed the same measures, in Punjab, they didn't want MSP for some vegetables and Congress/Amrinder wanted to scrap APMCs? Or these hire-a-activists, goondas who went on a rampage when the government trusted the the farmers to hold a peaceful tractor rally? Let's not deny there were Khalisatani elements (flags, swords, kadas with Khalistan engraved) in the crowd.  OTOH, anything the government does is because they are pandering to corporations and are fascists. The whole circus around these protests are engineered. If they are unpopular, the states can add measures to make the laws better, or even vote out the govt. 
I bet 99 percent of the protesters don't even know what the the bills are about.its the remaining 1 percent whose agenda is driving them.

3 hours ago, bharathh said:

Can you even explain what the 3 laws are? Thanks for making me laugh. Reading this statement of yours really helped with the stress from work today!

Can anyone explain one good these laws are doing?

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

can’t believe I have to quote CB but he is a smart guy academically at least even though not a good author 

And that is the biggest harm that is about to happen. In all those countries small farmer has disappeared.

3 minutes ago, Khota said:

And that is the biggest harm that is about to happen. In all those countries small farmer has disappeared.

and what is wrong with that? Mom and pop shops are replaced by shopping malls, Walmart,Target,Costco etc, this has only made countries economic superpowers haven’t  they?

Edited by maniac

9 minutes ago, maniac said:

and what is wrong with that? Mom and pop shops are replaced by shopping malls, Walmart,Target,Costco etc, this has only made countries economic superpowers haven’t  they?

And those countries have safety nets and welfare schemes. India does not.

2 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

Now can you please enlighten us why small farmers will disappear if private participation in agriculture happens? No conspiracy theory please. 

Look at the results everywhere this crap has been implemented.

Tell me one advantage of this law. Just one.

17 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

Dont sidestep my question. You said small farmers will disappear. How?

Haven't u seen ALL small medium large kirana stores & ALL vegetable markets & ALL bakeries & ALL tailors & ALL cobblers & ALL jewellers are closed since those evil businessmen Ambani & Damani started selling items in Reliance stores/dmart ? Same thing will happen to farmers. 

27 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

Now can you please enlighten us why small farmers will disappear if private participation in agriculture happens? No conspiracy theory please. 

Lol !!!  Don’t even bother with khota ... once you will have proven and given all the facts ...and he has no answer ... he will end saying well we don’t trust the government . Sad part is those protestors are no different ...  Their IQ level is soo high to the point where nothing makes senses to them ... baas poor farmers ... poor farmers all I want is justice ...so on ...nothing but a repetitive indian soap with no content ....

8 hours ago, Khota said:

All those people supporting these laws should ask themselves a simple question, if these laws were true economic measures why did BJP spread false propoganda and disinformation about only one state/sikhs/punjab/khalistan?

Why not just debate the merits/demerits of the law.

@Khota Bhai, time to put this post again  to start discussing :yess:

3 hours ago, 9zaesm said:

Lol !!!  Don’t even bother with khota ... once you will have proven and given all the facts ...and he has no answer ... he will end saying well we don’t trust the government . Sad part is those protestors are no different ...  Their IQ level is soo high to the point where nothing makes senses to them ... baas poor farmers ... poor farmers all I want is justice ...so on ...nothing but a repetitive indian soap with no content ....

You realized it now, I have tried the same for last 200 pages, eventually it comes down to no trust in BJP and I am a BJP better. End of story.

Edited by coffee_rules

Businesses and corporates get lot of defamation if they are not respecting local farmers. In fact supporting local community is good for PR. In my view it will become very counter productive for them to exploit farmers. At worst finished goods prices will not be in check but farmers will mostly get much better price than Mandis. This is the time when social media creates drive and any exploitation of farmers will bring heavy disrepute to them.

In US, people proudly shop groceries from the stores that promote local farmers as against something like Walmart.

Let us become transparent society. Corrupt practices at APMC and madis has to end. Mandi doesnt have a face. Business and Corporate does. So less likely to have bad practices. 

It is not like bank loans are not bad but Sahukars were worst. I head lot of middlemen have loaned money to farmers in punjab. Now they are forcing farmers to protest because their role will get discarded from the system.