Discussion on Farmers issues in India

dial_100

7 minutes ago, mishra said:

No name calling. I called people are able to see the lies of so called opposition whose base have eroded so much that its now limited to handful of Chinese stooge Commies, khalistani and Anti Hindu. Opposition is one mainstreaming their  “agenda”. Opposition can do politics and can get behind those forces but bottom line is the so called opposition and the supporters have no respect. You are educated person. You can understand what I am saying. If you can’t then don’t blame public for not trusting  opposition even if tomorrow their is some genuine concern 

First, I am not as educated as lot on these forum.Second - Sikhs made a correct decision in 1947 that there home is India and that fact willnever change. Third - Farmers are really poor and hurting. Laws or no laws thet will be losing anyway. The key is to create jobs so that they can transition to those jobs.Modi is not a bad person but his style of management is top down. Sometimes it does not work and this time it did not. You need to be a consensus builder if you are about to affect half a billion people.

17 minutes ago, mishra said:

No name calling. I called people are able to see the lies of so called opposition whose base have eroded so much that its now limited to handful of Chinese stooge Commies, khalistani and Anti Hindu. Opposition is one mainstreaming their  “agenda”. Opposition can do politics and can get behind those forces but bottom line is the so called opposition and the supporters have no respect. You are educated person. You can understand what I am saying. If you can’t then don’t blame public for not trusting  opposition even if tomorrow their is some genuine concern 

You are a very intelligent person. You should realize that this is an organic struggle and some punjab farmers may have started it but now they are irrelevant to this struggle. UP has taken over and Tikait knows better than others how it affects the farmers. You may like or dislike Tikait butwe have to agree that man like his father was born only for one cause and that is to help farmers.

Like I remind everyone on this forum (a lot of eltist are here) that come from a poor background and you will learn empathy.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

I forgot to address that it is relevant because the massive salaries and pensions are draining the federal govt.

Let’s nationalize agriculture, pay farmers salaries and not owning any land, China model.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

And I applaud Modi for dismantling some of these.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

You are a very intelligent person. You should realize that this is an organic struggle and some punjab farmers may have started it but now they are irrelevant to this struggle. UP has taken over and Tikait knows better than others how it affects the farmers. You may like or dislike Tikait butwe have to agree that man like his father was born only for one cause and that is to help farmers.

Like I remind everyone on this forum (a lot of eltist are here) that come from a poor background and you will learn empathy.

There are around 10-15 crore farmers in the country, Even if Punjab, Haryana and west up 100% of the farmers are for the repeal of laws, it will less about 1 % for whom all this hangama is happening. Koi gal nahin, sabko jhelna padega

There are around 10-15 crore farmers in the country, Even if Punjab, Haryana and west up 100% of the farmers are for the repeal of laws, it will less about 1 % for whom all this hangama is happening. Koi gal nahin, sabko jhelna padega
Govt won't budge.Let the entitled nashedis do what they want.

This is not old india

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Arrey Bhai, there are no farmers in there. This guy Tikait and his family he is talking about, they are biggest goons. They can gather some crowd and block few highways for sufficiently long time. 

If anything, These so called farmer leaders there are modern day Zamindaars and must pay taxes.

There is a obituary of another leader Sharad Joshi. read the linkbelow. Allmost everything is touched there about farming and farmers in India.  I have pasted part of it. Now @Khota bhai can try selling these mofos as farm leaders, but someone owning nearly thousand acre land is NOT POOR FARMER

https://scroll.in/article/776969/why-farm-leader-sharad-joshi-was-a-beacon-of-hope-for-indias-liberals

It was October 2, 1989. Five lakh farmers had crawled into Delhi on their bullock carts and tractors, camping, cooking, eating and defecating at Raj Path's Boat Club for days. Under the leadership of farm leaders from across India, including Mahendra Tikait, the Jat leader from Uttar Pradesh, they were demanding better prices for their produce. The protest was ignored at first. But the stench got so bad that Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi's government was forced to take note. The farmers' victory, however, was marked by one strange episode: just before the rally began, a group of men climbed on to the stage, without a word, physically lifted Sharad Joshi, the farm leader from Maharashtra, and threw him off the stage.

“As Sharad Joshi ji fell, farmers below tried to dampen the fall, but it was steep and he did suffer injuries," recalled Bhupinder Singh Mann of Bhartiya Kisan Union. "That fellow Tikait threw Joshi ji himself.”

But why?

“Even today we don’t know," he said. "We had already agreed to all of Tikait's demands. He wanted to smoke his hukkah on stage and we agreed to even that..."

Mann, who is now the chairman of the Kisan Coordination Committee, speculated further. “You see the system is based on exploitation and so anyone who exposes it threatens the existence of many in power," he said. "I tell you the history of India would have been different today had that incident not taken place.”

Edited by mishra

51 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Govt won't budge.Let the entitled nashedis do what they want.

This is not old india

When Mandal Commition and reservation was implemented many student self immolated in protest. And thats Gandhian way of protest.  Putting a siege on Delhi and flying Khalistani flag on Lal Quila or Parliament is nothing but unadulterated anarchy and no one would blame govt if it shoots some of these goons/hired antinationational

A workaround approach from Amul's MD, suggests MSMEs dealing with farmers to cover their fears about large corporates.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi made some pertinent points on the much-needed farm reforms and did well by mentioning the contribution of dairy farming. In his Rajya Sabha address on Monday, he said: “The contribution of dairy farming is over 28 per cent in the agricultural market in India. Its trade is worth Rs 8-lakh crore. The value of milk is both higher than food grains and pulses combined together.”

This has to be seen in light of the government's attempts to improve rural incomes. But how to increase the rural income should be the focus. The government data paints a dismal picture as it reveals the growth of income through cultivation to be 3 per cent and through animal husbandry 14 per cent. The per capita income in the village is Rs 6,500. All these figures come in the backdrop of the government's efforts in doubling farmer’s income. Once the income is doubled, it will lead to growth opportunities.

Now when we come to the dairy/animal husbandry sector, we find that it contributes 28 per cent to the agriculture GDP and 4.5 per cent to the national GDP. But the agriculture contribution to the GDP is reducing day by day. At the time of Independence, it was 50 per cent and it is just 15 per cent now. It shows that the agriculture cultivation is going down, while the animal husbandry is going up. (Animal husbandry is Rs 11-lakh crore and the diary is Rs 8-lakh crore). With this, we see that dairy value is more than the combined price of wheat, paddy and sugarcane, where the Minimum Support Price (MSP) is there. In the milk sector, there is no MSP.

Next, we see that in the agriculture cultivation, only landowner farmers are involved, and in dairy, more than 80 per cent of landless and marginal farmers are involved.

The three farm reform measures taken by the government enable the farmers to sell their produce freely to anybody, anywhere and at any price. The industry was liberalised in 1991 and the dairy industry was liberalised in 1992. Although even before that farmers were free to sell their produce to anybody, there were restrictions on the investments by the private sector under certain categories.

If you see the dairy industry, its growth in production in the last ten years is more than 6 per cent, which is three times more than the increase in world milk production. In the case of milk, neither we are surplus nor deficit, we produce what we consume. Where in the case of wheat, paddy and sugarcane, we have got surplus but no opportunity for exports. We have a deficit for pulses and edible oil and we are importing Rs 75,000 crore worth of edible oil and Rs 10,000 crore worth of pulses. So the intention of farm bills is to free farmers like industry and animal husbandry and dairy farmers.

We need to divert our agriculture from domestic surplus (wheat, paddy and sugarcane) to import substitution (edible oil and pulses).

Agriculture farmers who are mainly landowners get subsidies like fertilisers, power, seed, crop insurance subsidy, etc. worth Rs 2,15,000,00 per annum as said in the latest Union Budget. On the other hand, the animal husbandry gets only Rs 3,500 crore, (1.5 per cent of the agriculture budget).Also, I would like to share that in the case of agriculture, there are 6,000 to 7,000 APMCs and for the milk sector, there are more than 3 lakh mandis in 6,000 villages. So we see that with the corporates, there is competition based on their supply chain efficiency.

I feel that if the government can encourage more MSMEs to enter into buying and aggregating agriculture crops at the village level, this apprehension of the bigger industries monopolising the purchase can be addressed.

https://www.news18.com/news/opinion/opinion-pms-dairy-industry-nudge-may-be-key-in-resolving-the-farm-crisis-amuls-r-s-sodhi-on-why-the-agri-sector-needs-a-white-revolution-3407048.html

Edited by Clarke

Modi shows no signs of concession. That is the correct approach. The protestors are scared of imaginary fears. They have deluded estimates on the market value of their produce. The train has moved on.  

Modi is great for the country. Even if he proposes a spelling name change, the professional protestors turn up. Lot of money comes in form of FDI to funding them.  Lot of FDI comes in for journalists to toe a certain political line. He has been the biggest FDI and Employment generator. 

35 minutes ago, Clarke said:

A workaround approach from Amul's MD, suggests MSMEs dealing with farmers to cover their fears about large corporates.

Even our very own Navjot Siddhu conducted a webinar and he expressed a similiar opinion. 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/punjab-farmers-should-grow-what-they-eat-develop-farm-marketing-strategy-navjot-sidhu/articleshow/80672082.cms

19 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

MSP tha, MSP hain aur MSP rahega. Warned India to be aware of bad FDI.

Foreign Destructive Ideology 

It was one of his best speeches. And that’s saying a lot. I am proud to have him as my PM. 

Best parts about the speech. 68 % of farmers own less than 2 hectares of land. None of them have 45 lakh SUVs I am sure. Green revolution had exactly similar opposition from the left. In fact nobody was ready to become agricultural minister. 

Andolan Jeevi is here to stay. PM has laid down the gauntlet. 

It was one of his best speeches. And that’s saying a lot. I am proud to have him as my PM. 

Best parts about the speech. 68 % of farmers own less than 2 hectares of land. None of them have 45 lakh SUVs I am sure. Green revolution had exactly similar opposition from the left. In fact nobody was ready to become agricultural minister. 

Andolan Jeevi is here to stay. PM has laid down the gauntlet. 
No doubt the best PM.

42 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

Provide incentives to farmers who fill the gaps in our food produce. Others should battle it out in the market. 

I was saying it in sarcasm, in response to his whining about government overwhelmed with paying PSU salaries. This MSP thing is like nationalizing agri sector and that investment is a huge waste looking the surplus bad quality crop grown and wasted 40% of it

38 minutes ago, bharathh said:

What is your solution? Do you post as free_lance cricketer or Bhaag Veeru Bhaag elsewhere?

Your comments typically make as much sense as their do.

No. I am not welcome on that forum.

My solution is very clear. They have the sequence of events wrong. Farming is on the decline everywhere and no laws can save it. They need to industrialize the country so farmers can transition to better jobs. Meanwhile leave them alone and pass a law gauranteeing that farmers are not exploited.

15 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I was saying it in sarcasm, in response to his whining about government overwhelmed with paying PSU salaries. This MSP thing is like nationalizing agri sector and that investment is a huge waste looking the surplus bad quality crop grown and wasted 40% of it

Compalining about MSP and are perfectly comfortable with sarkari jobs. Just pointing out, not that there is anything wrong with it.

20 hours ago, mishra said:

Arrey Bhai, there are no farmers in there. This guy Tikait and his family he is talking about, they are biggest goons. They can gather some crowd and block few highways for sufficiently long time. 

If anything, These so called farmer leaders there are modern day Zamindaars and must pay taxes.

There is a obituary of another leader Sharad Joshi. read the linkbelow. Allmost everything is touched there about farming and farmers in India.  I have pasted part of it. Now @Khota bhai can try selling these mofos as farm leaders, but someone owning nearly thousand acre land is NOT POOR FARMER

https://scroll.in/article/776969/why-farm-leader-sharad-joshi-was-a-beacon-of-hope-for-indias-liberals

Spreading misinformation like your masters. That is only 0.7% of population. 87% have less than 4 hecctare. Quit spreading misinformation.