Jump to content
shychipmunk

Ian Chappel attributes India's fast bowling success to high population

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Mumbai has a lot of poor people, man. Probably an inch taller than the average of India at most.

No yeah there is huge internal population movement lfcourse. But honestly if you go to say t nagar on a busy day in chennai and expect people to be around 5''6, you will get a huge surprise. Indian avg height is an unknown mythic number, one that is not clearly displayed on city streets. I dont read much into it. There is nutrition problem you will see stunted people even in Indian team look at Rahane for instance. 

Link to post
3 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

 

India has the lowest bowling average for fast bowlers, both home and away, in the last 3 years.

 

When they start becoming leading wicketing takers in SENA in away series  then we can say they have become match winners. In most of series in SENA home team bowlers were better than our bowlers.  To me they now are allowing Indian team to compete in every away match and winning away series against inferior teams. They have to take the next step towards becoming leading wicket takers in every away series.

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

 

When they start becoming leading wicketing takers in SENA in away series  then we can say they have become match winners. In most of series in SENA home team bowlers were better than our bowlers.  To me they now are allowing Indian team to compete in every away match and winning away series against inferior teams. They have to take the next step towards becoming leading wicket takers in every away series.

 

when sena teams outperform indian bowlers in asia australia can claim the number 1 throne. india has the best attack in all conditons. only in n.z they underperformed and that too it was cause they missed their best swing bowler. 

Link to post
16 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

But then as gdp increases, you will have more guys replace cricket with the x box. Goes both ways..

That is fine, everyone doesn't need to play cricket. Some people will start playing other sports as well or e-sports(X-box) or other pursuits. If only 10 percent keep playing cricket, we would still have the largest talent base and could maintain things like extended IPLs, franchise-based ODIs, etc 

 

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Soldier said:

when sena teams outperform indian bowlers in asia australia can claim the number 1 throne. india has the best attack in all conditons. only in n.z they underperformed and that too it was cause they missed their best swing bowler. 

We are not talking about who is number one team here. India is number one team. To cement their legacy as one of the greatest teams in the history of cricket. Our bowlers need to become better and win matches away against strong teams by becoming  leading  bowlers  in away series.

Link to post
Just now, putrevus said:

We are not talking about who is number one team here. India is number one team. To cement their legacy as one of the greatest teams in the history of cricket. Our bowlers need to become better and win matches away against strong teams by becoming  leading  bowlers  in away series.

Our batsmen let us down most times post 2015 in away tours. Not our bowlers. Our bowlers are the best in the world for most conditions. 

 

Only in swing conditions we struggled recently due to the absence of bhuvi who was our best swing bowler. Now there is siraj. Ishant is solid in swing conditions too. 

 

Besides we have ATG spinners too. So wickets will be shared. 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...