Apparently Sundar not among top 6 batsman in current form for Indian team

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Best defensive technique in the team? No one looks more assured while playing the forward defense.

I've been advocating for him to open the innings.  I think he will succeed.  He is calm, has good technique, plays great defence and does not get bogged down.  With Gill or any other RHB, he will be a great L/R combo that'll give headaches to bowlers for a long time.  

1 hour ago, shami_123 said:

He can easily replace anyone in the middle order including Kohli.

A left hander in middle order is a must especially when you have all right handers until no.5

Also have to consider the fact that in 6 innings this is going to be the third time that he runs out of partners,needs to be played up the order to realize his full potential

1 hour ago, GautiMaan said:

Also have to consider the fact that in 6 innings this is going to be the third time that he runs out of partners,needs to be played up the order to realize his full potential

I think he should play at 5 and Pant at 6. Pandya at 7, Jaddu at 8 and Ashwin at 9. two pacers at 10 and 11. this should be our overseas lineup. 6 bowlers + batting till 9.

13 hours ago, Vijy said:

I think he should play at 5 and Pant at 6. Pandya at 7, Jaddu at 8 and Ashwin at 9. two pacers at 10 and 11. this should be our overseas lineup. 6 bowlers + batting till 9.

You can't play two pacers overseas. Pandya isn't required if Jaddu and Ashwin bowling well. Third pacer in place of Pandya. BK, Bumrah, Siraj is our best pace attack in England.

Edited by rkt.india
3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

You can't play two pacers overseas. Pandya isn't required if Jaddu and Ashwin bowling well. Third pacer in place of Pandya. BK, Bumrah, Siraj is our best pace attack in England.

In Eng, one could play shardul in place of pandya. he does count as a bowler, and his batting is a bonus

9 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Where is he right now?

Apparently still recovering from injury. There were recent reports that he was training with the test team. I am afraid he is going to languish on the sidelines for 5 yrs, lose his mojo, say "effit, my IPL paycheque is enough .... am not going to be at the mercy of these bozo selectors and geriatric team," and just coast. 

No he is not even close to be top 6 .Stop making someone into a top order batsman based  one or two innings. If Sundar wants to become a top order batsman, he has to go back to domestic cricket start batting in top order and show that he can score big runs.

He will get exposed once he bats in top order.

Edited by putrevus
30 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No he is not even close to be top 6 .Stop making someone into a top order batsman based  one or two innings. If Sundar wants to become a top order batsman, he has to go back to domestic cricket start batting in top order and show that he can score big runs.

He will get exposed once he bats in top order.

He opens for TN

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

How many FC runs and 100s  did he score in his career?

he's 22 and already smashed Cummins,Starc,Hazelwood at Gabba in both innings.

Its not some govt job where promotions happen after set intervals.

By your logic even Sachin,Ponting debuted too early

Just now, Lord said:

So true. Cummins had no answer for this guy. Shows you what a left right combo can do to teams. It thwarts attacks. He is solid In defence. Assured in attack. Can play all kinds of strokes. Has good temperament. Clutch mother*err. What more do we need? 

Just now, Lord said:

Even Thakur scored runs against same bowlers , would  I want him to become my top 6 batsmen.Sachin and Ponting were groomed to be batsmen from their school days and had history of scoring big runs in age cricket. Sachin scored debut 100s  in every major domestic competiton.So your comparsion is ridiculous.

You don't suddenly become test batsman without any background of being a batsman at any stage.Steve Smith debuted as bowler but went back to domestic cricket to turn himself into a batsman. 

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Even Thakur scored runs against same bowlers , would  I want him to become my top 6 batsmen.Sachin and Ponting were groomed to be batsmen from their school days and had history of scoring big runs in age cricket. Sachin scored debut 100s  in every major domestic competiton.So your comparsion is ridiculous.

You don't suddenly become test batsman without any background of being a batsman at any stage.Steve Smith debuted as bowler but went back to domestic cricket to turn himself into a batsman. 

Sundar has been groomed to be a batsman too from early days. Its Dravid who made him bowl off spin

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/top-stories/how-washington-sundar-was-subconsciously-turned-into-a-frontline-off-spinner/articleshow/58721050.cms