Virat Kohli in danger of suspension after remonstrating with on-field umpire over DRS call

sage

1 hour ago, kirkutfan said:

Big deal- so the guy got hyped in a game and fell afoul of a silly rule book. I don’t want some sissy bureaucrats to prevent me from watching the best players perform their craft and give it all they got. I know Rahane is a goody goody boy. There is room for both.

He kept on going and following the umpire and then kept shouting off field too. Thats way more than a silly rule book

I love how juvenile people always admire false bravado when the real men show real fight only when required

2 hours ago, Glory to india said:

Yes as an Indian fan I am desperate like you guys that our best batsman is suspended so he cant play in this series!

Well said. When Rahane gets out for a duck and England steamroll India these pathetic bunch of fan jokers will be happy

4 minutes ago, New guy said:

He kept on going and following the umpire and then kept shouting off field too. Thats way more than a silly rule book

I love how juvenile people always admire false bravado when the real men show real fight only when required

It’s not a question of admiration. It’s an issue of accepting different personalities. He expressed a strong opinion on the call. That isn’t enough of a reason to take the extreme step of preventing a player from displaying his skill set. Or for that matter  depriving a fan from enjoying a contest between the best that countries can put together. Now you may not like the guy as a person. Fair enough. Don’t let him baby sit your kids. But we don’t have to deal with him at that level. We just get to watch what he has to offer as a player. 

2 hours ago, The Realist said:

Don't see the problem. A bit of needle is good for the game. Otherwise it becomes a sport played by pansies in pyjamas who brush each other with pillows.

What he did was akin to flogging a dead horse. Not needling. 

I have no issue with needling. As you say its needed. But there is a strategic time and place.

He does the same in the IPL with umpires.  We all know the outcome. Truth is somebody like Ashwin is aggressive when he needs to be in the right avenues.

And whats going to happen is when india do need to build pressure on the umpire in the remaining two tests kohli would have used up his aggression with the umpires at a useless time.

I  am sure if he appeared on who wants to be a millionaire this poor loser will use his three lifelines on the first question itself after doing mc bc to the host. Zero forward planning. 

This poor tactics like these which suggest to be atleast we will win nothing with kohli. Poor selection (nadeem was a joke.) And poor tactics are his hallmarks.

Or, it might make the umpires more alert in the effort to get it right. Just depends. Also, it’s not like Kohli has changed all of a sudden. He has always needed to be in aggressive mode in order to give himself the edge he needs to be successful. To expect the guy to become a quiet reserved Rahane would be as unreasonable as expecting Rahane to be confrontational. Rahane might take the position of not pressuring the umpires at all. 

Other stuff like picking Nadeem, I see your point. But even there, I bet if Rahane becomes the new captain, after the newness wears off we’ll see arguments against his decisions and even wonder why he wasn’t just a little more aggressive. And if current trends continue, we would definitely ask if he is consistent enough to justify his own spot in the XI. So nobody is perfect.

4 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

Big deal- so the guy got hyped in a game and fell afoul of a silly rule book. I don’t want some sissy bureaucrats to prevent me from watching the best players perform their craft and give it all they got. I know Rahane is a goody goody boy. There is room for both.

Yeah sissy bureaucrats should just allow the players to break the rules and cheat because they're best players. Kuch bhi